Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I don't think I have ever heard anything like this...

Quote:
BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah did not train for February's Scouting Combine, instead focusing on finishing classes at Brigham Young.

Almost every Combine invitee hires a trainer to prepare. Ansah didn't, and he still tore it up. Measuring in at 6-foot-5 and 271 pounds with 35 1/8-inch arms, Ansah posted the sixth fastest forty time (4.63) of 37 defensive linemen who ran, and his 34 1/2-inch vertical tied for seventh. Only Barkevious Mingo had a faster ten-yard split (1.56). We expect Ansah to go in the single digits.

Thats beyond remarkable if true. What a tremedous athlete.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

You couldn't be more off base Al. Thinking Johnny Knoxs rookie season will be more productive than Austin's is crazy. About as crazy as thinking Barrett Jones is a top 20 prospect... Rolling Eyes
There are no question marks about Jones. I don't really know why there are some who want to ignore his accomplishments. It happens every year with incredible players whose achievements are ignored while hopes and dreams about others take over popular opinion.

Knox made the Pro Bowl as a return man which I doubt Austin will do. If we still had him no one would even think of taking Austin at 20. Knox was more productive than Jeffreys whom I wanted and whom I believe will be a much more productive receiver than Austin.

I trust Emery and if he believes Austin is the BPA available then I won't complain.

There are absolutely question marks about Barrett Jones.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Last edited by Mudderfudder77 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bama’s pro day today…I wonder what we will see.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

My guess is a couple of guys in blue and orange hanging around D.J Fluker.

My other guess is Chance runs faster and Fluker benches a couple more and other than that Barrett Jones is still to injured to workout.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

My guess is a couple of guys in blue and orange hanging around D.J Fluker.

My other guess is Chance runs faster and Fluker benches a couple more and other than that Barrett Jones is still to injured to workout.

I doubt they will even do anything today.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mudderfudder77"][quote="ChicagoAl"][quote="pigsooie5"]
ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

You couldn't be more off base Al. Thinking Johnny Knoxs rookie season will be more productive than Austin's is crazy. About as crazy as thinking Barrett Jones is a top 20 prospect... Rolling Eyes
There are no question marks about Jones. I don't really know why there are some who want to ignore his accomplishments. It happens every year with incredible players whose achievements are ignored while hopes and dreams about others take over popular opinion.

Knox made the Pro Bowl as a return man which I doubt Austin will do. If we still had him no one would even think of taking Austin at 20. Knox was more productive than Jeffreys whom I wanted and whom I believe will be a much more productive receiver than Austin.

I trust Emery and if he believes Austin is the BPA available then I won't complain.

There are absolutely question marks about Barrett Jones.

You need to work on your quoting man lol. I didn't say the second paragraph, that's Al.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

ChicagoAl wrote:

It has nothing to do with hopes and dreams of other players. I've been following these players for a long time. Barrett Jones got by with technique in college, he is going to get pushed around in the NFL. His functional strength is not very good. I see plenty of question marks with Jones... And I'm fully aware of his accomplishments.
We lack speed on Offense, whether you want to believe it or not. I don't know why your referencing Knox, his career is over. He was afraid to cross the middle anyways, Austin plays with twice the attitude Knox does. Not only that, Austin's strength is definitely superior to that of Johnny Knox. I'm not goin to sit and argue about him, Tavon Austin>>>Johnny Knox, it's a mute point.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

You need to work on your quoting man lol. I didn't say the second paragraph, that's Al.

I don't know what it is - but it only happens when I quote ChicagoAl.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

Or not...

Quote:
Alabama has rescheduled their Pro Day for March 13.

The Crimson Tide football team is scheduled to visit the White House on Wednesday, so the move is necessary. Defensive lineman Jesse Williams should be put through the ringer after missing the Combine workouts. Expect Dee Milliner to stand on his numbers.

SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From University Of Minnesota Pro Day--Terrell Sinkfield turned the most heads in Minnesota. The former Northern Iowa WR ran blistering times of 4.27 and 4.19, which would have shattered Chris Johnson's Combine record. Measuring in at 6'1, Sinkfield also flashed in the other drills, with a 40.5 inch vertical and 11'5 broad jump. He wasn't highly recruited and had to settle for playing in a small school, but NFL teams will certainly be intrigued by his straight-line speed. He's firmly on the 7th round/UDFA radar

Thoughts? Anyone else want to bring him to camp and see what he can do?

2013 Adopt a Bear: LT Jermon Bushrod#74
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Quote:
From University Of Minnesota Pro Day--Terrell Sinkfield turned the most heads in Minnesota. The former Northern Iowa WR ran blistering times of 4.27 and 4.19, which would have shattered Chris Johnson's Combine record. Measuring in at 6'1, Sinkfield also flashed in the other drills, with a 40.5 inch vertical and 11'5 broad jump. He wasn't highly recruited and had to settle for playing in a small school, but NFL teams will certainly be intrigued by his straight-line speed. He's firmly on the 7th round/UDFA radar

Outstanding athlete…average football player…never broke 500 yards receiving in a single season.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Quote:

Outstanding athlete…average football player…never broke 500 yards receiving in a single season.

I just watched some highlights of him. Your completely right, he looks average at best and he doesn't look that fast.

2013 Adopt a Bear: LT Jermon Bushrod#74
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Quote:

Watch Oakland draft him first round.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Quote:

Watch Oakland draft him first round.

Nah, Al Davis is dead....it'll be the second round.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

ChicagoAl wrote:

It has nothing to do with hopes and dreams of other players. I've been following these players for a long time. Barrett Jones got by with technique in college, he is going to get pushed around in the NFL. His functional strength is not very good. I see plenty of question marks with Jones... And I'm fully aware of his accomplishments.
We lack speed on Offense, whether you want to believe it or not. I don't know why your referencing Knox, his career is over. He was afraid to cross the middle anyways, Austin plays with twice the attitude Knox does. Not only that, Austin's strength is definitely superior to that of Johnny Knox. I'm not goin to sit and argue about him, Tavon Austin>>>Johnny Knox, it's a mute point.
JOhnny Knox was afraid of nothing. We'll see how long Austin lasts.

Quibblers may be sniffing about Jones lacks but you should not take them seriously. It is undeniable that he is one of the best college lineman ever. And no reason to doubt that his success will continue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 33 of 37

Jump to: