Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronickerr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Chronickerr wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Chronickerr wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Chronickerr wrote:
Thoughts on nabbing Menelik Watson at 20 if Cooper, Warmack, and Johnson are all gone?
I wouldnt want Watson in the 4th round.

Watson won't get out of the 2nd round and I think it's a real possibility if the Bears decide they want to go OT despite the true 3 OT studs and 2 G studs being gone he'll be strongly considered here. Fluker gave up way to many sacks last year and I don't like him at 20, too high.
I hope he goes in round 2. Just not to us.

After the big 3 OT's and 2 G's, how do you rank the next 5 Olineman?
I dont have my rankings handy but he's not in my top 15.

Just admit you can't get over the fact that he's a dam brit Laughing
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronickerr wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Chronickerr wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Chronickerr wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Chronickerr wrote:
Thoughts on nabbing Menelik Watson at 20 if Cooper, Warmack, and Johnson are all gone?
I wouldnt want Watson in the 4th round.

Watson won't get out of the 2nd round and I think it's a real possibility if the Bears decide they want to go OT despite the true 3 OT studs and 2 G studs being gone he'll be strongly considered here. Fluker gave up way to many sacks last year and I don't like him at 20, too high.
I hope he goes in round 2. Just not to us.

After the big 3 OT's and 2 G's, how do you rank the next 5 Olineman?
I dont have my rankings handy but he's not in my top 15.

Just admit you can't get over the fact that he's a dam brit Laughing
That and I dont like that he's a turrible football player.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pigsooie5"][quote="SOCalBearsFan54"][quote="pigsooie5"][quote="ChicagoAl"][quote="pigsooie5"][quote="ChicagoAl"]
WindyCity wrote:

The point is, elite teams spread the ball around and have multiple different playmakers with different skill sets to create mismatches.. Chicago doesn't have a lot of this right now. People that claim we have too many other "bigger" needs than WR in the first, just take a look at some brief history of recent teams. If and when an upper level OL is signed in Free Agency, which I fully anticipate, than a playmaker needs to be selected with pick #20. There are no LB's worthy of that pick, CB is more of a "want" than a "need". We "want" to draft a CB high to replace one of the leaving CB's next season, the reality is we have 2 All Pro's starting for us... far from a "need".
The QB trust issues your talking about were somewhat relative to the play calling, I do believe that. However, Jeffery had some issues with separation, and definetely saw his share of dropped passes. As a rookie, that's not the way to garner your QB's "trust". Discounting the possibility of a WR coming in and making an impact day one simply because Jeffery failed to is really foolish. Most receivers getting selected in the top 20 are vaulted to the #1 guy on their team... Austin would come into an ENTIRELY different situation here, going up against the nickel DB in the slot, and matching up against LB's in the backfield. The endless amount of possibilites and mismatches a player like Austin could provide would truly do wonders for this teams passing attack. Tavon has that attitude that I really like in a player, someone I could see Cutler jiving with right away.
The small speedy players your talking about are going to be very thin by the time pick #115 rolls around. The difference in skill level between a guy like Tavon Austin and Denard Robinson really is night and day.
Where I disagree with your analysis is that the Bears are going to sign an upper level FA. I don't see them spending 8+ million for anyone who may only be marginally better than what we have. It appears to me that they cannot afford it. So that means we still have to look in the draft for top talent.

I also doubt Austin would make an impact as a rookie. If he were to be as productive as Knox's rookie year I would be very happy but do not expect it to happen. A lot of the spreading the ball problem around was on Cutler. Everyone knows Forte was terribly under used and even the TEs got little action. Bennett disappeared for games at a time. I doubt that Hester was asked to go deep more than a handful of times.

WRs are available deep in the draft and this year the depth is pretty good even if the number of #1s low. (I would not draft any of these guys in the first but someone will). I would cast a wide net for small school speed demons who can catch. There are sure to be some there. If Angelo can find a Johnny Knox surely Emery can.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

The point is, elite teams spread the ball around and have multiple different playmakers with different skill sets to create mismatches.. Chicago doesn't have a lot of this right now. People that claim we have too many other "bigger" needs than WR in the first, just take a look at some brief history of recent teams. If and when an upper level OL is signed in Free Agency, which I fully anticipate, than a playmaker needs to be selected with pick #20. There are no LB's worthy of that pick, CB is more of a "want" than a "need". We "want" to draft a CB high to replace one of the leaving CB's next season, the reality is we have 2 All Pro's starting for us... far from a "need".
The QB trust issues your talking about were somewhat relative to the play calling, I do believe that. However, Jeffery had some issues with separation, and definetely saw his share of dropped passes. As a rookie, that's not the way to garner your QB's "trust". Discounting the possibility of a WR coming in and making an impact day one simply because Jeffery failed to is really foolish. Most receivers getting selected in the top 20 are vaulted to the #1 guy on their team... Austin would come into an ENTIRELY different situation here, going up against the nickel DB in the slot, and matching up against LB's in the backfield. The endless amount of possibilites and mismatches a player like Austin could provide would truly do wonders for this teams passing attack. Tavon has that attitude that I really like in a player, someone I could see Cutler jiving with right away.
The small speedy players your talking about are going to be very thin by the time pick #115 rolls around. The difference in skill level between a guy like Tavon Austin and Denard Robinson really is night and day.

ChicagoAl wrote:
Where I disagree with your analysis is that the Bears are going to sign an upper level FA. I don't see them spending 8+ million for anyone who may only be marginally better than what we have. It appears to me that they cannot afford it. So that means we still have to look in the draft for top talent.

I also doubt Austin would make an impact as a rookie. If he were to be as productive as Knox's rookie year I would be very happy but do not expect it to happen. A lot of the spreading the ball problem around was on Cutler. Everyone knows Forte was terribly under used and even the TEs got little action. Bennett disappeared for games at a time. I doubt that Hester was asked to go deep more than a handful of times.

WRs are available deep in the draft and this year the depth is pretty good even if the number of #1s low. (I would not draft any of these guys in the first but someone will). I would cast a wide net for small school speed demons who can catch. There are sure to be some there. If Angelo can find a Johnny Knox surely Emery can.

Come on Al, are you serious? You really think someone like Branden Albert is "only marginally better than what we already have"? That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard from you. You have little to NO idea what our cap situation truly will be, once we restructure some contracts and cut some dead weight, we will be north of 20m. There is NO WAY Emery allows Cutler to enter his contract year, the year that decides his future with the team, with J'Marcus Webb as his Left Tackle... I'd seriously bet the keys to my GTO on it. He was ranked somewhere like the 47th best OT last season by PFF, meaning half the teams in the NFL have two tackles better than any of ours. The term "you get what you pay for" couldn't be anymore true in relation to this Oline unit. The highest payed player is Garza at $3 million and I think he's in serious danger of being released, making Gabe Carimi our highest payed lineman at 2 million... Emery almost doesn't even have a choice in the matter, he HAS to sign an upper level lineman. Whether it be Branden Albert at 5/40 or whatever.
If you don't think Tavon Austin is going to make an impact as a rookie, than I seriously question your knowledge on this years draft class...
Everything you just said about "Bennet dissapearing", "Forte being underutilzed", Hester being released, all is proving my point that WE NEED MORE PRODUCTION FROM THE RECEIVING CORE.
Your settling for mediocrity, I'm not looking for another average joe(Johnny Knox). He was never going to be more than a deep threat, Tavon Austin is so much more than that. And like I said, the difference between Austin(1st) and small school guys in later rounds like your referring too is night and day.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

ChicagoAl wrote:

Come on Al, are you serious? You really think someone like Branden Albert is "only marginally better than what we already have"? That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard from you. You have little to NO idea what our cap situation truly will be, once we restructure some contracts and cut some dead weight, we will be north of 20m. There is NO WAY Emery allows Cutler to enter his contract year, the year that decides his future with the team, with J'Marcus Webb as his Left Tackle... I'd seriously bet the keys to my GTO on it. He was ranked somewhere like the 47th best OT last season by PFF, meaning half the teams in the NFL have two tackles better than any of ours. The term "you get what you pay for" couldn't be anymore true in relation to this Oline unit. The highest payed player is Garza at $3 million and I think he's in serious danger of being released, making Gabe Carimi our highest payed lineman at 2 million... Emery almost doesn't even have a choice in the matter, he HAS to sign an upper level lineman. Whether it be Branden Albert at 5/40 or whatever.
If you don't think Tavon Austin is going to make an impact as a rookie, than I seriously question your knowledge on this years draft class...
Everything you just said about "Bennet dissapearing", "Forte being underutilzed", Hester being released, all is proving my point that WE NEED MORE PRODUCTION FROM THE RECEIVING CORE.
Your settling for mediocrity, I'm not looking for another average joe(Johnny Knox). He was never going to be more than a deep threat, Tavon Austin is so much more than that. And like I said, the difference between Austin(1st) and small school guys in later rounds like your referring too is night and day.
Actually 25th I believe. Webb had a real strong showing in the last 6 weeks, giving up 0 sacks and 0 penalties, and after week 2 against GB and the infamous "bump" he only gave up 3 sacks in 14 weeks.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

ChicagoAl wrote:

Actually 25th I believe. Webb had a real strong showing in the last 6 weeks, giving up 0 sacks and 0 penalties, and after week 2 against GB and the infamous "bump" he only gave up 3 sacks in 14 weeks.

It was 47th in 2011... But seriously only biased Bears fans would sit here and try and tell me that Branden Albert is marginally better than J'Marcus Webb. Let me ask you this, what happens if we make it to the playoffs and magically appears one of those "infamous games" then what will you be saying?

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

ChicagoAl wrote:

It was 47th in 2011... But seriously only biased Bears fans would sit here and try and tell me that Branden Albert is marginally better than J'Marcus Webb. Let me ask you this, what happens if we make it to the playoffs and magically appears one of those "infamous games" then what will you be saying?
I'm not saying Brandon Albert is only marginally better, I'm just pointing out that Webb isn't nearly as bad as you are making him out to be, and may have in fact, turned a corner last year. I'm not completely sold that Webb needs to be replaced, but if we have a chance to get Albert (which it looks like we will) I'm all for it.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pigsooie5"]
pigsooie5 wrote:

Come on Al, are you serious? You really think someone like Branden Albert is "only marginally better than what we already have"? That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard from you. I was not speaking of Albert, whom will cost more than 8 mill, but others such as Bushrod etc. You have little to NO idea what our cap situation truly will be, once we restructure some contracts and cut some dead weight, we will be north of 20m. Not only do I have no idea but it appears no one outside the Bears actually knows this either, I have seen estimates that vary widely. However, I am sure there is not enough to pay Franchise money or worse to Melton and still have enough to pay Cutler next year. It is a total pipe dream to believe we are going to spend huge money on a Olineman. There is NO WAY Emery allows Cutler to enter his contract year, the year that decides his future with the team, with J'Marcus Webb as his Left Tackle... I'd seriously bet the keys to my GTO on it. You are going to be carless if you do that. It is almost a certainty that Webb will be our LT next year. He improved a lot last year and there is no one better than we can afford. He was ranked somewhere like the 47th best OT last season by PFF, meaning half the teams in the NFL have two tackles better than any of ours. These guys know no more than posters here so I don't really care what they say. The term "you get what you pay for" couldn't be anymore true in relation to this Oline unit. The highest payed player is Garza at $3 million and I think he's in serious danger of being released, making Gabe Carimi our highest payed lineman at 2 million... Emery almost doesn't even have a choice in the matter, he HAS to sign an upper level lineman. This will be addressed much cheaper and just as effectively through the draft. FA is mostly a huge waste of money.. Whether it be Branden Albert at 5/40 or whatever.
Everything you just said about "Bennet dissapearing", "Forte being underutilzed", Hester being released, all is proving my point that WE NEED MORE PRODUCTION FROM THE RECEIVING CORE. The point is this can be done without spending the 20th pick on a WR. Is Bennett crap now? Are Forte's hands now suspect? I do not believe either to be the case. Rookie WRs are notorious for being unproductive and taking three years to develop. Why would you believe Austin is any different? In most years he would not be considered in the first round only in a year with NO standout WRs is this even a chance.
Austin's numbers next year are unlikely to top Knox's rookie year which certainly was not "mediocre" for a rookie and he was right at 1000 yds twice FAR from "mediocre". I will take Knox in the 5th round any day of the week over Austin at 20. He is just too small.
Walshy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question-

What combo would you rather have?

1. Tyler Eifert 1. Jonathan Cooper
2. Larry Warford 2. Zach Ertz
4.Jon Bostic 4.B.W Webb
5.Ace Sanders 5. Vince Williams
6.David Quennsberry 6. Matt Scott

I would be very very happy with these two drafts.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
Just a quick question-

What combo would you rather have?

1. Tyler Eifert 1. Jonathan Cooper
2. Larry Warford 2. Zach Ertz
4.Jon Bostic 4.B.W Webb
5.Ace Sanders 5. Vince Williams
6.David Quennsberry 6. Matt Scott

I would be very very happy with these two drafts.

I like the left side better.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ChicagoAl"]
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Come on Al, are you serious? You really think someone like Branden Albert is "only marginally better than what we already have"? That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard from you. I was not speaking of Albert, whom will cost more than 8 mill, but others such as Bushrod etc. You have little to NO idea what our cap situation truly will be, once we restructure some contracts and cut some dead weight, we will be north of 20m. Not only do I have no idea but it appears no one outside the Bears actually knows this either, I have seen estimates that vary widely. However, I am sure there is not enough to pay Franchise money or worse to Melton and still have enough to pay Cutler next year. It is a total pipe dream to believe we are going to spend huge money on a Olineman. There is NO WAY Emery allows Cutler to enter his contract year, the year that decides his future with the team, with J'Marcus Webb as his Left Tackle... I'd seriously bet the keys to my GTO on it. You are going to be carless if you do that. It is almost a certainty that Webb will be our LT next year. He improved a lot last year and there is no one better than we can afford. He was ranked somewhere like the 47th best OT last season by PFF, meaning half the teams in the NFL have two tackles better than any of ours. These guys know no more than posters here so I don't really care what they say. The term "you get what you pay for" couldn't be anymore true in relation to this Oline unit. The highest payed player is Garza at $3 million and I think he's in serious danger of being released, making Gabe Carimi our highest payed lineman at 2 million... Emery almost doesn't even have a choice in the matter, he HAS to sign an upper level lineman. This will be addressed much cheaper and just as effectively through the draft. FA is mostly a huge waste of money.. Whether it be Branden Albert at 5/40 or whatever.
Everything you just said about "Bennet dissapearing", "Forte being underutilzed", Hester being released, all is proving my point that WE NEED MORE PRODUCTION FROM THE RECEIVING CORE. The point is this can be done without spending the 20th pick on a WR. Is Bennett crap now? Are Forte's hands now suspect? I do not believe either to be the case. Rookie WRs are notorious for being unproductive and taking three years to develop. Why would you believe Austin is any different? In most years he would not be considered in the first round only in a year with NO standout WRs is this even a chance.
Austin's numbers next year are unlikely to top Knox's rookie year which certainly was not "mediocre" for a rookie and he was right at 1000 yds twice FAR from "mediocre". I will take Knox in the 5th round any day of the week over Austin at 20. He is just too small.

You couldn't be more off base Al. Thinking Johnny Knoxs rookie season will be more productive than Austin's is crazy. About as crazy as thinking Barrett Jones is a top 20 prospect... Rolling Eyes

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pigsooie5"][quote="ChicagoAl"][quote="pigsooie5"]
pigsooie5 wrote:

You couldn't be more off base Al. Thinking Johnny Knoxs rookie season will be more productive than Austin's is crazy. About as crazy as thinking Barrett Jones is a top 20 prospect... Rolling Eyes
There are no question marks about Jones. I don't really know why there are some who want to ignore his accomplishments. It happens every year with incredible players whose achievements are ignored while hopes and dreams about others take over popular opinion.

Knox made the Pro Bowl as a return man which I doubt Austin will do. If we still had him no one would even think of taking Austin at 20. Knox was more productive than Jeffreys whom I wanted and whom I believe will be a much more productive receiver than Austin.

I trust Emery and if he believes Austin is the BPA available then I won't complain.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have ever heard anything like this...

Quote:
BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah did not train for February's Scouting Combine, instead focusing on finishing classes at Brigham Young.

Almost every Combine invitee hires a trainer to prepare. Ansah didn't, and he still tore it up. Measuring in at 6-foot-5 and 271 pounds with 35 1/8-inch arms, Ansah posted the sixth fastest forty time (4.63) of 37 defensive linemen who ran, and his 34 1/2-inch vertical tied for seventh. Only Barkevious Mingo had a faster ten-yard split (1.56). We expect Ansah to go in the single digits.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to get my head around how the Bears can draft and use Terron Armstead.

Terron Armstead has a ton of ability but he needs some time and some seasoning before he starts.

What if the Bears do not sign a long term answer at LT, but instead sign a 1-2 year stop gap and draft Armstead?

Sign: Bryant McKinnie, King Dunlap

Guys you can get for cheap and offer an upgrade over Carimi, Scott.

Draft: Terron Armstead

LT: McKinnie, Armstead
LG: Schwartz [FA], Brown
C: Garza, 4th round pick
RG: Louis
RT: Webb/Carimi
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o says he will "obviously" run faster than a 4.82 forty at his Pro Day.

"The only way from here is up, so I’m definitely going to get better at that," Te'o said. The linebacker blamed the long days in Indianapolis for his slower time, but insists he plays faster than the time.

This guy just keeps setting himself up for a fall lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 32 of 37

Jump to: