Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Combine Mock

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
neauone


Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 1379
Location: Georgia by way of the Bronx
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Combine Mock Reply with quote

1. Dee Milner....replaces the departed Revis CB
1. Datone Jones... from Denver for Revis DE/LB
2. Mike Glennon QB
3.Kevin Reddick LB
3. Alvin Bailey OG...Denver for Revis
4. Marcus Lattimore RB
5. David Quesenbury G/T
6. Aaron Melete WR
7. Jakes Stoneburner TE

This is one Mock prior to my final mock that gives me some hope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 5351
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt trade Revis but aside from that.

I'd honestly rather draft a higher ranked pass rusher instead of Dee Milner early. And then take someone like Xavier Rhodes later.

Also dislike Mike Glennon, but the rest of them I do not know enough about to say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not comfortable with this mock. Jones is too slow to be OLB. Reddick is not able to pick up playbook well.

Rest of it can be good if we have patience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8528
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not trading Revis so we can just draft another first round corner, thats absolutely retarded. Jets are taking an area of strength and trying to add draft picks to strengthen other parts of the roster that is weak. Cromartie and Wilson are more than capable of being a good tandem if we actually had a 4 man pass rush.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 5351
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
We are not trading Revis so we can just draft another first round corner, thats absolutely retarded. Jets are taking an area of strength and trying to add draft picks to strengthen other parts of the roster that is weak. Cromartie and Wilson are more than capable of being a good tandem if we actually had a 4 man pass rush.



Personally Wilson is a better corner on the outside then inside but I'd still get afraid of having him start full time at this point he gets beat quite a lot QBs just place the ball badly or miss open WRs or the stats against him would show it. My biggest problem with Wilson is even though he is in the right position a good deal of the time he doesnt trust himself to break up a ball in the air often he panics too much.

Move Cromartie, Keep Revis .... figure out a way to replace Cromartie later down the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8528
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
We are not trading Revis so we can just draft another first round corner, thats absolutely retarded. Jets are taking an area of strength and trying to add draft picks to strengthen other parts of the roster that is weak. Cromartie and Wilson are more than capable of being a good tandem if we actually had a 4 man pass rush.



Personally Wilson is a better corner on the outside then inside but I'd still get afraid of having him start full time at this point he gets beat quite a lot QBs just place the ball badly or miss open WRs or the stats against him would show it. My biggest problem with Wilson is even though he is in the right position a good deal of the time he doesnt trust himself to break up a ball in the air often he panics too much.

Move Cromartie, Keep Revis .... figure out a way to replace Cromartie later down the draft.


I agree, except Revis shouldn't make more then 12 million annually. His impact, though extremely impressive was proven to be slightly overrated when our secondary played as well as it did without him.

Move Cro, restructure Harris, covert Mangold and D'Brick's salaries (partially) to roster bonus, and threaten to keep Sanchez inactive for all 16 games unless he completely restructures. Then we can afford Landry, Revis and only bring in depth players and still be competitive due to our defense.

I obviously know this is kind of a pipe dream, but if I were Idzik I would totally play hardball with Sanchez. What do we owe this guy? Hes made ridiculous money for 4 seasons and has sucked.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
kilahchris


Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Marcus Lattimore pick in the 4th round. He is healthy that is exactly the pick we need. A true burner of a running back
_________________
The Best that ever did it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kilahchris


Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
We are not trading Revis so we can just draft another first round corner, thats absolutely retarded. Jets are taking an area of strength and trying to add draft picks to strengthen other parts of the roster that is weak. Cromartie and Wilson are more than capable of being a good tandem if we actually had a 4 man pass rush.


Kyle Wilson got burned like a hot potato last year. In the 3 years i've seen him play I can tell you one thing. He is not our starter and never will be. He was a bad first round selection, one of Tannenbaum's bust picks. Just like Gholston and some others I will not mention.


But you do make a point if we trade revis it should be for an area we are weak in.
_________________
The Best that ever did it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superbowlbound


Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2326
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Combine Mock Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
1. Dee Milner....replaces the departed Revis CB
1. Datone Jones... from Denver for Revis DE/LB
2. Mike Glennon QB
3.Kevin Reddick LB
3. Alvin Bailey OG...Denver for Revis
4. Marcus Lattimore RB
5. David Quesenbury G/T
6. Aaron Melete WR
7. Jakes Stoneburner TE

This is one Mock prior to my final mock that gives me some hope.


I dont see the point in taking milliner and trading revis.... We have much bigger needs in the 1st than CB, even without revis

I also dont think Datone Jones can play OLB, he's being discussed as a 1st rounder for the seahawks at DT, not DE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 42944
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we take a CB in the 1st?

Datone Jones cannot play OLB.
_________________
ANTHONY RECKER = LIFE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
famousj


Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 1693
Location: Queens, NY
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Combine Mock Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
1. Dee Milner....replaces the departed Revis CB
1. Datone Jones... from Denver for Revis DE/LB
2. Mike Glennon QB
3.Kevin Reddick LB
3. Alvin Bailey OG...Denver for Revis
4. Marcus Lattimore RB
5. David Quesenbury G/T
6. Aaron Melete WR
7. Jakes Stoneburner TE

This is one Mock prior to my final mock that gives me some hope.


Not bad. I would rather have E.J. Manual over Glennon. Lattimore or Knile Davis would work for me in the 4th round. Rest of draft I can live with.
_________________


Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D.Revis24


Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 3697
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get one of the fast/athletic high upside edge rushers with our 9th overall pick.
_________________


Props to El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group