Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Anyone else not like Milliner's attitude? Seems a little cocky

I didn't see the combine or whatever you're referencing, but personally, I want my corners to be cocky.

+1

Sure I can see why ya'll would like the cockiness but I just see it translating to that star, diva type mentality and attitude problems (Kellen Winslow)... I prefer the humble guy but hey that's just me
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a draft expert but who is Shamarko Thomas?

I watched him at the combine and he looked NICE.

any chance we get him? they list him as SS but with the speed he has(and he is kind of short) he can easily play FS

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

any chance we get him? they list him as SS but with the speed he has(and he is kind of short) he can easily play FS

I know he's undersized but very good athlete. Unfortunately I haven't seen enough of him. Not sure how he translates to the nfl if he's a starter or special teamer.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I know he's undersized but very good athlete. Unfortunately I haven't seen enough of him. Not sure how he translates to the nfl if he's a starter or special teamer.

Oh good...maybe we can get him 6th round pick or something if he is basically a nobody

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Anyone else not like Milliner's attitude? Seems a little cocky

I didn't see the combine or whatever you're referencing, but personally, I want my corners to be cocky.

+1

Sure I can see why ya'll would like the cockiness but I just see it translating to that star, diva type mentality and attitude problems (Kellen Winslow)... I prefer the humble guy but hey that's just me

Problem with Kellen is he still had the attitude that he was the same guy that could outrun safeties, when injures zapped his speed

I love cocky corners. Gets in receivers heads

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I really like this Jamie Collins dude...he is 6'3 250lbs... and runs a 4.67..has a vert of 41.5...and a broad jump of 139.0

Shocked Shocked

He basically posted up DB numbers...outside a slow 40(slow for a DB)...in the frame a dude that is 250 Shocked

I read up on him...seems he will go late 2nd. If he is still there at #3 I want this dude. I really am hyped up on him because his vert and broad jump. I remember when I trained at a local speed academy throught high school and some college, I remember that the trainers always told me that an athletes ability to jump is what determines how athletic he is. The higher he can jump=more athletic. And that was always the case, the guys around me that were the top recruited athletes across the country all had high verticals. My trainer used to tell me that drill alone can tell you how athletic someone is...

its also why ex-basketball players like Gates and Graham are so good in the NFL(jumping ability)

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Also I really like this Jamie Collins dude...he is 6'3 250lbs... and runs a 4.67..has a vert of 41.5...and a broad jump of 139.0

Shocked Shocked

He basically posted up DB numbers...outside a slow 40(slow for a DB)...in the frame a dude that is 250 Shocked

I read up on him...seems he will go late 2nd. If he is still there at #3 I want this dude. I really am hyped up on him because his vert and broad jump. I remember when I trained at a local speed academy throught high school and some college, I remember that the trainers always told me that an athletes ability to jump is what determines how athletic he is. The higher he can jump=more athletic. And that was always the case, the guys around me that were the top recruited athletes across the country all had high verticals. My trainer used to tell me that drill alone can tell you how athletic someone is...

its also why ex-basketball players like Gates and Graham are so good in the NFL(jumping ability)

I would love him as our SLB. Exactly what we need. Former pass rusher that's explosive. We blitz alot, so this guy needs to know how to get to the QB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm far from a draft expert, but the measureables of Rhodes are very similiar to Talib's combine results. Certainly, Rhodes doesn't have the character issues. My concern in general with the CB class is before the Combine, the general thought was really only 1 CB was first round worthy. Now after combine, there could up to 3 CBs in the first round. I'm skeptical, it's great to run fast 40 times and jump really high, but certainly a lot of tape was watched before the combine, I find it hard to believe that opinions would change that drastically now after the combine.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I'm far from a draft expert, but the measureables of Rhodes are very similiar to Talib's combine results. Certainly, Rhodes doesn't have the character issues. My concern in general with the CB class is before the Combine, the general thought was really only 1 CB was first round worthy. Now after combine, there could up to 3 CBs in the first round. I'm skeptical, it's great to run fast 40 times and jump really high, but certainly a lot of tape was watched before the combine, I find it hard to believe that opinions would change that drastically now after the combine.

Trufant has the tape to back it up. Speed was a question. Rhodes has good tape too. You have to figure out how the guy will fit in OUR scheme, interviews are VERY important

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Trufant has the tape to back it up. Speed was a question. Rhodes has good tape too. You have to figure out how the guy will fit in OUR scheme, interviews are VERY important

Rhodes fits our scheme the best IMO. Tough physical man to man cb. With the mix of blitzing we like to do we need press man. Rhodes is the best fit.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get on board with doubling up on corners. I'm really hoping we select Rhodes at 13 and we get Trufant with our 2nd. Sign a veteran corner to start opposite Rhodes and have Trufant play Nickle.

Also really like that Shamarko Thomas. I hope we take him in the 5th or 6th. Could play Free Safety for us or be Barrons back up.

5'9 215lbs.
Ran a 4.3 forty (4.42 official[even )
Did 28 reps of 225lbs.
Had a 40.5 vertical jump
Had a broad jump off 11.1

Could be our version of Earl Thomas.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
I'm starting to get on board with doubling up on corners. I'm really hoping we select Rhodes at 13 and we get Trufant with our 2nd. Sign a veteran corner to start opposite Rhodes and have Trufant play Nickle.

Also really like that Shamarko Thomas. I hope we take him in the 5th or 6th. Could play Free Safety for us or be Barrons back up.

5'9 215lbs.
Did 28 reps of 225lbs.
Had a 40.5 vertical jump

Trufant isn't lasting til the 2nd round. If we want Thomas it might have to be with our 2nd round pick, my bet is he goes to the Bills in 3rd or 4th

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:

5'9 215lbs.
Did 28 reps of 225lbs.
Had a 40.5 vertical jump

But have you seem him play? I'm guessing you haven't if you think he can play FS.

This is why people think the combine is not a true measure of talent. You look at the kid, and his measureables and think he can play FS, but the kid is awful in coverage... He gets lost out in centerfield and does his best work coming up and making tackles.

He is strictly a SS in my eyes and just because he runs a 4.4 forty doesn't mean he can play FS.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:

5'9 215lbs.
Did 28 reps of 225lbs.
Had a 40.5 vertical jump

But have you seem him play? I'm guessing you haven't if you think he can play FS.

This is why people think the combine is not a true measure of talent. You look at the kid, and his measureables and think he can play FS, but the kid is awful in coverage... He gets lost out in centerfield and does his best work coming up and making tackles.

He is strictly a SS in my eyes and just because he runs a 4.4 forty doesn't mean he can play FS.

This. I haven't watched much film but just bc his combine numbers are impressive doesn't mean he's a high pick. Heck of an athlete but does it translate outside the underwear Olympics?
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:

5'9 215lbs.
Did 28 reps of 225lbs.
Had a 40.5 vertical jump

I've only seen him play a couple times but when I did watch him he looked fine in coverage. I'm not sayinf he comes in and starts right away at FS but he could come in and be a back up to Barron and cross train him at FS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: