Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
indifference wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
Time to double up boys

Rhodes at 13. Have to with that 40. Banks or Amerson in the second.

Time to overhaul this secondary
Two vet FA's and two rookie CB's would be a good idea. Schiano talked about having 4 good CB's on the air the other day.

Rhodes/Banks in the first and Trufant in the second.

Rhodes and Trufant/Ryan/Slay
DJ Swearinger in the third. Very Happy
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swearinger will be a late 1st early 2nd.

I would love to go Rhodes/Trufant - 1/2

We will probably have to trade up for Trufant though which I have no problem with.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

We will probably have to trade up for Trufant though which I have no problem with.

And sign Goldson

Last edited by ABucNBradenton on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

I hope not but we'll see. I would like for us trade up for Trufant too. Leave Rhodes on the bigger, possession WR's and have Trufant play against the quicker, shifter WR's with Black patrolling back there.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I hope not but we'll see. I would like for us trade up for Trufant too. Leave Rhodes on the bigger, possession WR's and have Trufant play against the quicker, shifter WR's with Black patrolling back there.

I'm glad you guys are on board with that. I want two CBs. We blitz far too often to put a premium need on another DE. I don't see Schiano changing his ways so getting 2 corners that can play great man to man is crucial.

I'm also thinking more and more that two things are gonna happen. Bennett will walk and Wright will stay. I think we restructure Wrights deal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id rather try and trade up and take 2 1st round talents like Werner and Rhodes Very Happy
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this idea of doubling up unless a can't miss guy is still there, like Trufant. Having your mind set on taking Rhodes and then the best corner left in round 2 is a recipe for disaster. Last year not only could our corners not cover, our d-line would give the quarterback literally unlimited time to find someone. Our d-line can't get any pressure. We could use another d-tackle next to Mccoy. All of this, after picking DT-DT then DE-DE. That is pathetic, no matter how much we spin how amazing Dom apparently is at drafting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
indifference wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I'm glad you guys are on board with that. I want two CBs. We blitz far too often to put a premium need on another DE. I don't see Schiano changing his ways so getting 2 corners that can play great man to man is crucial.

I'm also thinking more and more that two things are gonna happen. Bennett will walk and Wright will stay. I think we restructure Wrights deal.

I think you are right about Bennett. I don't think we wait around either. Avril will be a Buc the minute fa opens up. Whether guys think he is worth it or not doesn't matter. He wants to play on grass, he wants to play in a 4-3, we have a ton of money/need, he's young. Name a better 4-3 end that has produced the sacks Avril has the last few years?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
indifference wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I think you are right about Bennett. I don't think we wait around either. Avril will be a Buc the minute fa opens up. Whether guys think he is worth it or not doesn't matter. He wants to play on grass, he wants to play in a 4-3, we have a ton of money/need, he's young. Name a better 4-3 end that has produced the sacks Avril has the last few years?

Jared Allen, JPP Julius peppers.

And he's no where near that class and Avril wants to be paid like it. Buyer beware. 7.5 sacks came against terrible olines this year.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
indifference wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I think you are right about Bennett. I don't think we wait around either. Avril will be a Buc the minute fa opens up. Whether guys think he is worth it or not doesn't matter. He wants to play on grass, he wants to play in a 4-3, we have a ton of money/need, he's young. Name a better 4-3 right end that has produced the sacks Avril has the last few years?

And he's no where near that class and Avril wants to be paid like it. Buyer beware. 7.5 sacks came against terrible olines this year.

Those guys are left ends are they not? I know Peppers move around a lot. I should of stated right end in my last post. I was typing on my work phone. Fixed it Wink

And if those guys were looking for a contract now days and if they were 26 years old they would be looking for 15+ million per just like Williams got. Avril can say he wants/likes those numbers but no chance he gets it. 10-12 per with a large chunk of it guaranteed... sure.

Also if you are stickly looking at numbers JPP only had 6.5 sacks last season and his 3 year total is 27.5 compaired to Avril who is at 28 over the last 3 seasons. You say 7.5 were against what you would call bad lines, can you answer this - was a running back chipping him? Was a te lining up over top of him?

I don't think he is worth 15+ million per but I would pay him 10-12 per. You also have love for Kruger who has done nothing compared to Avril yet you would pay him a few million less per and play him out of postion instead... Confused Was Kruger being moved around so he would get easy matchups, was attention taken off of him because Suggs came back?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
indifference wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I think you are right about Bennett. I don't think we wait around either. Avril will be a Buc the minute fa opens up. Whether guys think he is worth it or not doesn't matter. He wants to play on grass, he wants to play in a 4-3, we have a ton of money/need, he's young. Name a better 4-3 right end that has produced the sacks Avril has the last few years?

Those guys are left ends are they not? I know Peppers move around a lot. I should of stated right end in my last post. I was typing on my work phone. Fixed it Wink

And if those guys were looking for a contract now days and if they were 26 years old they would be looking for 15+ million per just like Williams got. Avril can say he wants/likes those numbers but no chance he gets it. 10-12 per with a large chunk of it guaranteed... sure.

Also if you are stickly looking at numbers JPP only had 6.5 sacks last season and his 3 year total is 27.5 compaired to Avril who is at 28 over the last 3 seasons. You say 7.5 were against what you would call bad lines, can you answer this - was a running back chipping him? Was a te lining up over top of him?

I don't think he is worth 15+ million per but I would pay him 10-12 per. You also have love for Kruger who has done nothing compared to Avril yet you would pay him a few million less per and play him out of postion instead... Confused Was Kruger being moved around so he would get easy matchups, was attention taken off of him because Suggs came back?

Overspending in FA does not win championships. Avril is not worth 10-12 a year. Honestly were better off resigning Bennett then adding a few vets mid level and using the money to resign our own guys.

Btw we have to spend 90% over the next few years so we can save some $$ for our own guys when the times right.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wanna go CB back to back, but it could happen. I think we'll take two corners by the latest before the fourth ends.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else not like Milliner's attitude? Seems a little cocky
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:

I didn't see the combine or whatever you're referencing, but personally, I want my corners to be cocky.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

I didn't see the combine or whatever you're referencing, but personally, I want my corners to be cocky.

+1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: