Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TTF4L Mock Offseason V.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
titans will return wrote:
I hate the draft. You overdrafted in the first 2 rounds. Neither of those players are worth the pick- Anzah Especiallly. Credit for being different, but not a fan of the draft. Not sure one sure fire pick is in your entire mock, and when you have 2 picks within the top 40, you better hit with one.

How do you know what's sure fire and what is not? The draft is a crap shoot. Always has been; always will be.

Exactly.
Overdraft is stupid term to me. If a team sees somethng in someone they take them when they can get them.

Teams are wrong about players all the time.

It's a steal if you draft him later than what people think and they good Reach if you do it earlier and they not as good.

Not disagreeing with you, at all, but I've seen in past threads about you (I believe it was you) and others hating the idea of drafting a G (i.e. Chance Warmack) in the 1st.

If you truly believe what you just said (the bold part) then why do you hate seeing the Titans making a move that improves one of our biggest weaknesses?

Me personally would love to see the Titans take Warmack or Richardson over someone like Ansah(although I wouldn't mind moving back a few spots to do so, just to pickup some more picks for depth reasons). I'm not a big fan of Ansah, since ever time I saw him play/practice he never seemed to impress me. I'm sure he's freak athletic ability will 'wow' people at the combine, but if the guy can't produce then not sure if freak athletics is enough to be a top 10 draftee. That's just my opinion.

My thoughts exactly, about the drafting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
titans will return wrote:
I hate the draft. You overdrafted in the first 2 rounds. Neither of those players are worth the pick- Anzah Especiallly. Credit for being different, but not a fan of the draft. Not sure one sure fire pick is in your entire mock, and when you have 2 picks within the top 40, you better hit with one.

How do you know what's sure fire and what is not? The draft is a crap shoot. Always has been; always will be.

Exactly.
Overdraft is stupid term to me. If a team sees somethng in someone they take them when they can get them.

Teams are wrong about players all the time.

It's a steal if you draft him later than what people think and they good Reach if you do it earlier and they not as good.

Not disagreeing with you, at all, but I've seen in past threads were you (I believe it was you) and others hated the idea of drafting a G (i.e. Chance Warmack) in the 1st.

If you truly believe what you just said (the bold part) then why do you hate seeing the Titans making a move that improves one of our biggest weaknesses?

Me personally would love to see the Titans take Warmack or Richardson over someone like Ansah(although I wouldn't mind moving back a few spots to do so, just to pickup some more picks for depth reasons). I'm not a big fan of Ansah, since ever time I saw him play/practice he never seemed to impress me. I'm sure he's freak athletic ability will 'wow' people at the combine, but if the guy can't produce then I'm not sure if freak athletics is enough to be a top 10 draftee. That's just my opinion.

Well I don't believe in the value system per say but others do. So you gotta play the game
I say take the player you want when you want them. If the Titans love Warmack then they should take him at #10.
I don't love him like that or his position. so I wouldn't. I don't believe the position is an impact position.

I don't like the idea of overdrafting. But I understand the idea of priority vs talent. To me talent like an Ansah overrules the priority of drafting the OG especially when I feel confident in players that aren't valued as high will be there later. I don't feel the same about the DE spot. You take the one you like when you can if they aren't in high supply.

OG has more available later on.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Ansah. You have to look past the Senior Bowl practices. Cause I too wasn't impressed by that. But looking back at his videos. I see nothing but impact in his games.

He would make at least 2 key plays. A key batted pass, tackle for loss, sack, or forced fumble. Something.

Also he as playing more 3-4 end than anything. They would consistently only rush 3 players and you'd see him double teamed if not trippled teamed.

The 4.5 sacks wasn't impressive but his impact was immeasurable.

He isn't raw in my view. He is lacks experience. I don't think those are the same. Senior bowl coaches raved about how coachable he was and how he soaked up the professional coaching.

I think if we dont take him and he there. He will be one we wished we did when it's all said it done.
Ockham

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason to keep Matthews over Marks or Bailey. Don't see necessity to dump Robert Johnson. In draft, I think DT, OG, and then Safety and RB. I'd also try to pick up two low dollar FA in DT Sammie Lee Hill and OG Geoff Schwartz.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
titans will return

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM starting to warm up on Ansah the more i watch him, i just hate when he is the 34 for BYU it doesn't allow him to use his explosiveness.. I love his ability, and love his film from 43 end.. I could live with Ansah at 10 if he gets better at disengaging against technicians at tackle. He has raw strength,power and speed. PLus like others have said, he has the JJ Watt ability to knock down passes at the LOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: