Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TTF4L Mock Offseason V.2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: TTF4L Mock Offseason V.2 Reply with quote

TTF4L Mock Offseason V.1

Release/Not Resigned/Retired
LB - Xavier Adibi
LB - Zac Diles
LB - Will Witherspoon
LB - Gerald McRath
DE - Dave Ball
DE - Keyunta Dawson
DE - Leger Douzable
DT - Sen'Derrick Marks
CB - Ryan Mouton
RB - Javon Ringer
FB - Quinn Johnson
C/G - Eugene Amano
G - LeRoy Harris
G - Kyle DeVan
WR - Lavelle Hawkins
SS - Jordan Babineaux
FS/SS - Robert Johnson
LB - Patrick Bailey

Resigned
TE - Jared Cook - Franchised
K - Rob Bironas
C - Fernando Velasco
C/OG - Kevin Matthews
G - Deuce Lutui
RB/KR - Darius Reynaud

Free Agency
G - Andy Levitre

DT - Chris Canty

NFL Draft
1st Round
Ezekial "Ziggy" Ansah - DE - Brigham Young University

Reasoning: Surprise, surprise? Great size, athleticism, and has a motor that never quits. Ansah in my opinion has the highest potential of anyone in this draft. He's a versatile as they come playing all over BYU's defense at DE, DT, OLB, and even NT in a 3-4. He's very raw but with some coaching by Millard, I think he can become one of the best DE's in the league. Rookie year, he's rotating with Wimbley.

2nd Round
DJ Swearinger - SS - South Carolina

Reasoning: Do I need to give a reason? Our safeties are straight garbage. We've shown we're stuck with Griffin, so we might as well try to upgrade the other safety spot as much as possible to make up for Griffin's suck. Swearinger is rising up draft boards. He's a playmaker who can lay the hit. Has great size and not afraid of contact.

3rd Round
Eric Reid - FS - LSU

Reasoning: Back to back safety picks? Yes. Like I said, Griffin isn't the long term answer. Plus our depth isn't very good. Reid is a playmaker but needs work.

3rd Round Comp Pick
Kiko Alonso - MLB - Oregon

Reasoning: Our LB depth sucks and we desperately need to improve in that area. Tim Shaw should not be starting games for us.

4th Round
Marcus Lattimore - RB - South Carolina

Reasoning: Easily the most talented back in this draft but back to back knee injuries have killed his draft status. I'm willing to take the risk because of the potential and all the talent.

5th Round
Jelani Jenkins - OLB - Florida

Reasoning: More LB depth. Jenkins has been inconsistent throughout his career but is very talented.

5th Round Comp Pick
Omoregie Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech

Reasoning: Hutchinson is on his last limb and isn't far from retirement. Uzzi sits a year and learns from the a great O-Line and coaches.

7th Round
Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

Reasoning: He's had his trouble in the past, but he'll be a beast in our nickel heavy defense. He reminds me so much of Finnegan. Plays with that chip on his shoulder and brings toughness.

7th Round Comp
Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State

Reasoning: Talented but inconsistent. Depth.

Depth Chart
Offense
QB: Jake Locker, Matt Hasselbeck, Rusty Smith
RB: Chris Johnson, Marcus Lattimore, Darius Reynaud, Jamie Harper
FB: Collin Mooney
WR: Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright, Michael Preston
WR: Nate Washington, Damian Williams, Chris Harper
TE: Jared Cook, Craig Stevens, Taylor Thompson
LT: Michael Roos, Mike Otto
LG: Andy Levitre, Omoreggie Uzzi
C: Fernando Velasco, Kevin Matthews
RG: Steve Hutchinson, Deuce Lutui
RT: David Stewart, Byron Stingily

Defense
LDE: Derrick Morgan, Scott Solomon
DT: Chris Canty, Karl Klug
UT: Jurrell Casey, Mike Martin, DaJohn Harris
RDE: Kamerion Wimbley, Ziggy Ansah
WLB: Zach Brown, Jelani Jenkins
MLB: Colin McCarthy, Kiko Alonso
SLB: Akeem Ayers
CB: Jason McCourty, Tyrann Mathieu, Coty Sensabaugh
CB: Alterraun Verner, Tommie Campbell
FS: Michael Griffin, Eric Reid, Markelle Martin
SS: DJ Swearinger, Al Afalava

Special Teams
K: Rob Bironas
P: Brett Kern
LS: Beau Brinkley
RS: Darius Reynaud

Thoughts?
titans will return

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the draft. You overdrafted in the first 2 rounds. Neither of those players are worth the pick- Anzah Especiallly. Credit for being different, but not a fan of the draft. Not sure one sure fire pick is in your entire mock, and when you have 2 picks within the top 40, you better hit with one.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
I hate the draft. You overdrafted in the first 2 rounds. Neither of those players are worth the pick- Anzah Especiallly. Credit for being different, but not a fan of the draft. Not sure one sure fire pick is in your entire mock, and when you have 2 picks within the top 40, you better hit with one.

Confused Ansah has been a 1st round talent for a while now and Swearinger is shooting up draft boards. Didn't really overdraft anyone. Ansah wil be a 1st round pick and Swearinger will be at least a 2nd round pick with a possibility to go in the 1st. No I don't go by Kiper and all those other clowns and their rankings.
NhTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in shock you dont have Richardson.........seriously?

Did we not have a disagreement recently about us drafting a DE in the 1st round?

Anyways,

I actually quite like the draft. I like Swearinger in the 2nd(prefer Elam) and Ansah is gonna be a top 10 pick come April. We are not cutting Griff and we are yet to see if Markelle Martin has anything, the Reid pick is a waste, throw in a WR or something fun.
I like the Alonso pick and Uzzi is a good prospect.
Not sure if Harper and Mathieu make it to the 7th round.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NhTitan wrote:

Did we not have a disagreement recently about us drafting a DE in the 1st round?

Anyways,

I actually quite like the draft. I like Swearinger in the 2nd(prefer Elam) and Ansah is gonna be a top 10 pick come April. We are not cutting Griff and we are yet to see if Markelle Martin has anything, the Reid pick is a waste, throw in a WR or something fun.

Well if we sign Canty, why would we draft another DT? Wink Yes I'm sorry you don't like one of the best prospects in the draft in Richardson. DE isn't a huge need but I couldn't pass on Ansah with his potential.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
NhTitan wrote:

Anyways,

Well if we sign Canty, why would we draft another DT? Wink Yes I'm sorry you don't like one of the best prospects in the draft in Richardson. DE isn't a huge need but I couldn't pass on Ansah with his potential.

I like the first pick Ansah is one of those players you cant pass on. In the second I think our pick is a little too high to take swearinger I think if we move back it would be a great pick, Elam would be ok in terms of value at our pick.

As for the rest of your draft I think it gets a little redundant, 2 safeties, 2 linebackers. We do not need to draft more than one of each and I think that we need address oline much earlier than when you do. While I want Levitre I cannot see him coming here, unless DeVan stays he has no connection to Tennessee. I also agree Mathieu will not be there in the 7th, Mayock has him rated as a 4th round pick. We need a receiver earlier in the draft than the 7th. Love the Lattimore pick, but if he can show he is healthy at the some point something tells me that he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Props to Kempes ^
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first two picks.

The Reid pick is a waste. They are going to sign at least one Safety in FA. Even if it's a vet backup. Someone they can trust.

Another OG or something would be a better pick in my view in that 3rd round. Someone to take Hutchinson spot in the future or now maybe.

Don't know if there is a need to draft two LBs. Probably pick one up in FA if not resign Witherspoon. A MLB is needed but I don't know about the OLB.

Everyone is rooting for Lattimore, but the Titans have never been a team to draft someone this early with a known injury. Surprised they took Martin last year, but taking Lattimore in the 4th when it's not really sure if he is going to play this year is risky. No matter how much he or doctors spin it, I'd rather go after a back that doesn't have his injury history and better chance of playing this year.

I think the Mathieu pick is a throw away pick too. I don't think he will last till the 7th and if he does I don't feel he is worth being our pick there regardless.

Again like the Ansah pick, you stole my thunder for my upcoming mock. I think he is going to be a sure fire gamechanger in the pros.

Last edited by KingTitan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
titans will return

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Confused Ansah has been a 1st round talent for a while now and Swearinger is shooting up draft boards. Didn't really overdraft anyone. Ansah wil be a 1st round pick and Swearinger will be at least a 2nd round pick with a possibility to go in the 1st. No I don't go by Kiper and all those other clowns and their rankings.

Ansah has first round qualities, traits- but the film doesn't agree. I love his potential and his size like everyone else, but can the titans afford to miss with another top 10 pick?
He's not a fluid, quick twitched athlete. He doesn't have sheet burst off the line, infact he stands straight up and doesn't bend well off tackles. Yes he's very raw and still developing, but at 10 I question if the titans are willing to gamble especially with a coaching staff that must be in a win now mode.

Swearinger I like as a player, not sure that high in the 2nd - I like Anzah more in this spot.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Ansah has first round qualities, traits- but the film doesn't agree. I love his potential and his size like everyone else, but can the titans afford to miss with another top 10 pick?
He's not a fluid, quick twitched athlete. He doesn't have sheet burst off the line, infact he stands straight up and doesn't bend well off tackles. Yes he's very raw and still developing, but at 10 I question if the titans are willing to gamble especially with a coaching staff that must be in a win now mode.

Swearinger I like as a player, not sure that high in the 2nd - I like Anzah more in this spot.

Can agree with you on Ansah. Not that I don't like him but whether or not we can afford the risk/reward at 10. But Swearinger, he is not overdrafting. In my opinion Swearinger is the number two safety after Vaccaro. Easy. Other guys like Elam are highlight reel players.

Agree with others that Reid is a bad pick. I've watched him play and I just don't see why he is rated so high.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this draft mock
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
Love this draft mock

Well thank you Derek.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
derekfelty wrote:
Love this draft mock

Well thank you Derek.
Laughing I'd be exceptionally happy with this draft. Not a fan of Reid at all but with where you have is drafting him I'd be happy. Love Jelani Jenkins as a prospect. The only thing I'd change would be Warmack in the first instead of Ansah.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know what's sure fire and what is not? The draft is a crap shoot. Always has been; always will be.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

How do you know what's sure fire and what is not? The draft is a crap shoot. Always has been; always will be.

Exactly.
Overdraft is stupid term to me. If a team sees somethng in someone they take them when they can get them.

Teams are wrong about players all the time.

It's a steal if you draft him later than what people think and they good Reach if you do it earlier and they not as good.
Flylow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Exactly.
Overdraft is stupid term to me. If a team sees somethng in someone they take them when they can get them.

Teams are wrong about players all the time.

It's a steal if you draft him later than what people think and they good Reach if you do it earlier and they not as good.

Not disagreeing with you, at all, but I've seen in past threads were you (I believe it was you) and others hated the idea of drafting a G (i.e. Chance Warmack) in the 1st.

If you truly believe what you just said (the bold part) then why do you hate seeing the Titans making a move that improves one of our biggest weaknesses?

Me personally would love to see the Titans take Warmack or Richardson over someone like Ansah(although I wouldn't mind moving back a few spots to do so, just to pickup some more picks for depth reasons). I'm not a big fan of Ansah, since ever time I saw him play/practice he never seemed to impress me. I'm sure he's freak athletic ability will 'wow' people at the combine, but if the guy can't produce then I'm not sure if freak athletics is enough to be a top 10 draftee. That's just my opinion.

Last edited by Flylow on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: