Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Combine Thread: Zero tread was given today..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
But can Ansah do 20 back flips in succession? Cause that's true athleticism :lol:

Not true. The mark of true athleticism is the ability to dunk a CB into a tub of ice water.

Negative Captain. The mark of true athleticism is being able to dunk a basketball, while only being 5' 8" tall. Long live Cole Beastley!

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Im going to guess.. not brandon graham?

No. Tank Carradine.

My point is that Ansah is flying up draft boards based on his measurables that compare favorably if not better than JPP. Carradine has nearly identical measurables (in fact was considerably stronger in the BP than both), but has the injury risk associated with a torn ACL. And, Carradine produced at a higher level and against better competition.

Interesting. As you all know, I am not a huge college guy. A quick google search shows one site having him drafted #19 overall and another has him in the 3rd round.

Quite a gap.... What are your thoughts on him?

Personally? I love him. If he didn't tear his ACL, we would be talking about him as a top 10 pick, and arguably the best DE in the draft IMO, even over his teammate Werner. He is very good, and I want him badly

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

No. Tank Carradine.

My point is that Ansah is flying up draft boards based on his measurables that compare favorably if not better than JPP. Carradine has nearly identical measurables (in fact was considerably stronger in the BP than both), but has the injury risk associated with a torn ACL. And, Carradine produced at a higher level and against better competition.

Interesting. As you all know, I am not a huge college guy. A quick google search shows one site having him drafted #19 overall and another has him in the 3rd round.

2nd to 3rd round. He was probably a sure fire first round pick before he tore his ACL. It's kinda like Sean Lee and Bruce Carter... those guys fall to the second round because of the injury risk and essentially redshirt their first year as a pro. Nobody wants to redshirt their first round pick for a year.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

No. Tank Carradine.

2nd to 3rd round. He was probably a sure fire first round pick before he tore his ACL. It's kinda like Sean Lee and Bruce Carter... those guys fall to the second round because of the injury risk and essentially redshirt their first year as a pro. Nobody wants to redshirt their first round pick for a year.

Good to know. Apparently he is going to do a full workout in April, so he might shoot up some boards. If not, it would be nice to pick up a stud DE prospect if we go OL in the first.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Thoughts on Jamie Collins as a SAM prospect?

Think he'd be a great fit. Has the athleticism to cover and is a good pass rusher. Not sure about his run stopping ability though. I'm also worried that we'd have to spend our 2nd round pick on him which, in my opinion, would be a round too early.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Think he'd be a great fit. Has the athleticism to cover and is a good pass rusher. Not sure about his run stopping ability though. I'm also worried that we'd have to spend our 2nd round pick on him which, in my opinion, would be a round too early.

With 2 zone option offenses in division, it kinda puts a premium on a 1 tech NT and a run stopping SAM who can shed a pulling guard or FB.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

With 2 zone option offenses in division, it kinda puts a premium on a 1 tech NT and a run stopping SAM who can shed a pulling guard or FB.

Good point. I'll have to go back and watch his tape a little more closely and see how he is against the run. He'd have to make the transition from on the ground to standing up however. He definitely has the athleticism to do it.

JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
And the winners of the Underwear Olympics?

Cornelius Washington (LB) 6'4 265 who ran a 4.53
Terron Armstead (OT) 6'5 306 who ran a 4.71

Why is everyone saying Armstead was more of a winner than Lane Johnson...Johnson had the best combine in my eyes.

Armstead had almost no tape, most teams maybe had a scout at 1 game, and knew very little about him. Now every team knows who he is, and has had multiple scouts watch him and seen him go through the drills, etc.

False, teams knew about him..we just didn't. There is not one player in the college that goes unknown.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other Combine news, Manti Teo ran an unofficial first 40 in 4.81 and his second was 4.80 unofficial! Slow slow slow for a LB who was expected to run under 4.7.

He hurt his draft stock today with those runs. Was listening to serius radio at the time of his second run, the were observing John Harbaugh's reaction and he was shaking his head side to side in disbelief.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Why is everyone saying Armstead was more of a winner than Lane Johnson...Johnson had the best combine in my eyes.

Armstead had almost no tape, most teams maybe had a scout at 1 game, and knew very little about him. Now every team knows who he is, and has had multiple scouts watch him and seen him go through the drills, etc.

False, teams knew about him..we just didn't. There is not one player in the college that goes unknown.

Lane Johnson was already being talked about as a potential top 15 pick, so all the combine did was reaffirm or strengthen that claim.

Armstead was a 2nd round prospect who, by opening eyes at the combine, has now catapulted himself into 1st round consideration. Thats how he was the combine winner.

JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Lane Johnson was already being talked about as a potential top 15 pick, so all the combine did was reaffirm or strengthen that claim.

Armstead was a 2nd round prospect who, by opening eyes at the combine, has now catapulted himself into 1st round consideration. Thats how he was the combine winner.
I doubt he is a 1st round player because of the combine. Again all the combine does is make you go back to film, I haven't watched tap on him but I can surely tell you running a 4.71 40 doesn't make you a 1st round talent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
In other Combine news, Manti Teo ran an unofficial first 40 in 4.81 and his second was 4.80 unofficial! Slow slow slow for a LB who was expected to run under 4.7.

He hurt his draft stock today with those runs. Was listening to serius radio at the time of his second run, the were observing John Harbaugh's reaction and he was shaking his head side to side in disbelief.

If only Lennay was there to inspire him to run a little faster.

Jokes aside... how far does he fall?
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I didn't say teams didn't know about him, I said they didn't have much knowledge of him which has been confirmed by several ex GM's / Scouts who would know better than you or I.

Sig courtesy of mack.
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I doubt he is a 1st round player because of the combine. Again all the combine does is make you go back to film, I haven't watched tap on him but I can surely tell you running a 4.71 40 doesn't make you a 1st round talent
agreed! What's his technique like? How's his foot work? How's his hand placement? Is he a smart player? How is his study habits? Practice habits?

Those matter more to me more than a 40 time for a Olineman.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

If only Lennay was there to inspire him to run a little faster.

Jokes aside... how far does he fall?

mid 2nd rounder

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: