Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adams comments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Adams comments Reply with quote

He had comments about being pro bowl LT. With a new coach, what do you think? The injury bug had an influence on him last year, but what do the experts here think ?

Don't say 77 is the LT either, or post will be ignored. If I see 77 at LT and 74 at RT, I quit watching.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Adams comments Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
He had comments about being pro bowl LT. With a new coach, what do you think? The injury bug had an influence on him last year, but what do the experts here think ?

Don't say 77 is the LT either, or post will be ignored. If I see 77 at LT and 74 at RT, I quit watching.

Seriously??
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Adams comments Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:

Ignorance seems to be a theme with you.

Gilbert at LT is a very strong possibility, regardless of whether you like it or not. I dont like it, but its possible.

Personally, there isnt a single player on this team I feel comfortable putting at LT. Unless we retain Starks, but he isnt a good fit for the ZBS.

Then again, neither are half our our OLineman. Adams, Pouncey and DeCastro are the only players I like for it.

Ideally, we somehow get a solid LT for the ZBS, put Adams at RT, and put Gilbert at RG or on the bench (where he likely belongs).

Realistically...our OTs will be Adams and Gilbert. Id prefer Adams at LT, but it could happen either way.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying a player with poor footwork, balance, and slow at getting out of his stance should not be an LT?? Too bad the Steelers don't think so. Then again, 3Rivers how can you not withhold from watching Gilbert and Adams LT and RT respectively but can withstand watching Field General.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Gilbert has the ability to be a solid LT...his issues are technique related IMO.

Of course I might be the only one who thinks this Laughing

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
treat88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
I believe Gilbert has the ability to be a solid LT...his issues are technique related IMO.

You are not alone.

Him tearing up DeCastro, Johnson, and Pouncey pissed me off for sure tho.

I don't think there is any question he is the starting LT going into camp. His job to lose and you know how that goes with this coaching staff...it's his job barring injury.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

You are not alone.

Him tearing up DeCastro, Johnson, and Pouncey pissed me off for sure tho.

I don't think there is any question he is the starting LT going into camp. His job to lose and you know how that goes with this coaching staff...it's his job barring injury.

I agree it's frustrating but I think it has a negative perception of the player he was his rookie year.

My biggest concern with him is the nagging injury/does he use the men or the womens room thing going on???...he has to toughen up.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/18/mike-adams-sees-himself-becoming-an-all-pro-tackle/

Adams says his goal is to be a Pro bowl caliber player. If you read the article he said it should be every players goal.

If I wasn't posting from my phone I would quote the article.

I agree that should be his goal. He obviously wants to be the best player he could be.

If Gilbert works on his balance and gets a mean streak I think he could be effective as a left tackle.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Adams comments Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Gilbert at LT is a very strong possibility, regardless of whether you like it or not. I dont like it, but its possible.

Personally, there isnt a single player on this team I feel comfortable putting at LT. Unless we retain Starks, but he isnt a good fit for the ZBS.

Then again, neither are half our our OLineman. Adams, Pouncey and DeCastro are the only players I like for it.

Ideally, we somehow get a solid LT for the ZBS, put Adams at RT, and put Gilbert at RG or on the bench (where he likely belongs).

Realistically...our OTs will be Adams and Gilbert. Id prefer Adams at LT, but it could happen either way.

You don't like Foster at OG? I'm assuming you forgot about him. Foster would be much better in a ZBS.

The move just makes me want Eric Fisher even more in the first round. Sad
popie70

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Adams comments Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

You don't like Foster at OG? I'm assuming you forgot about him. Foster would be much better in a ZBS.

I don't think Foster excels in a ZBS either. He needs to be in a PBS. I would love Eric Fisher but there is no way he gets past the Cardinals or Chargers.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Colon didn't get paid as much as he does, and didn't commit as many penalties, he'd be Ramon Foster. Neither are suited for a ZBS.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Adams comments Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

No, I didnt forget Foster. He has had his chance and is too inconsistent...and no, he doesnt fit the ZBS well at all.

If we keep him on, so be it if its cheap, but there is no reason to think he will be a long term starter for us.

Legursky is a better fit for the ZBS than Foster, and I dont want him starting either.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Footwork and balance are only partly technique related. Alot of time, those things arent entirely correctable, so its personal issue as well.

Not sure how anyone can say he could be a solid LT considering he hasnt even really proven he can be a solid RT. Yeah, yeah....his rookie year he was decent, but he hasnt progressed at all, and his still laughably uncoordinated and doesnt move well. Thats not what you want at LT...,well, at least not what I want.

simonwayne wrote:
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone noticed he hasn't made a comment since the OP?

This is a prime example of bandwagon-ism.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand all the hate towards Gilbert. I could understand if he was a 4th-5th yr player. But he's only going into his 3rd season and his second season he was injured the entire time. I'm not saying he's a great OT, but with the current state of our OL I believe he's fine.

It's funny to hear all this positive talk about M. Starks because quite a few of you rode him off years ago. Not to toot my own horn, but I defended M. Starks at the time because I believe he got the wrong end of the deal. As I believe Marcus Gilbert is receiving at this time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: