Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Draft vs WR Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
My mindset is this. Sign Greg Jennings. He can play right now and then we draft two WR, Patton and Hunter. Greg Jennings fills the role that Donald Driver filled in Green Bay. Jennings can make plays now but at the same time help the young guys develop.

I am not for any scenerio that has Jennings a part of it. I will take Hartline over Jennings right now. I do like Mike Wallace's speed. I like Hartlines route running. I like Bess's hands. I hate Jennings with a passion dude.

I would not want Jennings either. I believe injury has to be a key concern. Rather than becoming a significant force on offense I see Greg Jennings future with injury attorney commercials, 1-800-HURTWRS.

This may just be me, but I don't want a guy that isn't known to be a route runner. When i see Mike Wallace, I see a guy who runs limited routes. I'd rather draft somebody than sign him.

He is not known for his route running because his speed dominates his profile. I also do not want WR's with the same strengths. I do not think Wallace is a #1 but he compliments Bess
jw33d

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thinks we should develop depth through the draft. Patterson and Hopkins would be a deadly start to a WR corps. Maybe add Ace Sanders in a later round and you have the start of a great offense. With next years receiving class looking top heavy I say this is the route we go.

Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks we should develop depth through the draft. Patterson and Hopkins would be a deadly start to a WR corps. Maybe add Ace Sanders in a later round and you have the start of a great offense. With next years receiving class looking top heavy I say this is the route we go.

No I agree. I want Patton and Hunter though. To me Patton and Hunter fit the best. I want to build the team through the draft. I want to use Free agency to fill voids now. We need CBs We should sign a CB or two. Draft replacements through the years.

UniversalAuthor
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for the Fins not to be buyers when free agency starts. The best teams are the ones who are not active in free agency for top notch talent. I would be cool if Miami just get some oline help in free agency and build the rest through the draft but I realize that will not happen.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
My mindset is this. Sign Greg Jennings. He can play right now and then we draft two WR, Patton and Hunter. Greg Jennings fills the role that Donald Driver filled in Green Bay. Jennings can make plays now but at the same time help the young guys develop.

and when the common reply from the vet is "I'm here to play, its the coaches job to teach" what do you do then?

I would not resign Hartline. I'd keep that money and go sign Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace. That would give us a deep threat, which we severly lack in Wallace, and then Jennings is a short term fix (probably 3 years or so) and a top flight WR corps for a couple of years.

Honestly, I'd resign B Hart. He's developing good chemistry with Tannehill. Why would you want to break that?

That's like asking why you'd break up with the fat girl with a skin condition when you have the potential to go out with the prom queen just because the husky girl is "a total sweetheart".

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*

Last edited by ProudDolphan47 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as building through the draft is "our" desire and it may even be the desire for Philbin and Ireland....the owner and causal fans will want to win now and the team needs to give the appearance that they are building the team to win now. In the end, it is a business and generating interest to sell tickets and Merchandise weigh to heavily on football decisions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

I am not for any scenerio that has Jennings a part of it. I will take Hartline over Jennings right now. I do like Mike Wallace's speed. I like Hartlines route running. I like Bess's hands. I hate Jennings with a passion dude.

I would not want Jennings either. I believe injury has to be a key concern. Rather than becoming a significant force on offense I see Greg Jennings future with injury attorney commercials, 1-800-HURTWRS.

This may just be me, but I don't want a guy that isn't known to be a route runner. When i see Mike Wallace, I see a guy who runs limited routes. I'd rather draft somebody than sign him.

Actually I thought one of the things Wallace has done is improve as a route runner....he's npt going to be of Jennings and Hartlines level, but he's not completely horrible at it either.

What makes him desirable.....32 touchdowns....if you add Hartline's and Bess's TDs over that time and include Brandon Marshall's for the two years he was here you still only have 26 total TD's...that is 8 more TD's from one guy....

Wallace will do wonders for Hartline (or who ever the Phins have as a number 2) by drawing attention away from them and forcing the opponents to keep a safety over the top.

Wallace is going to be expensive and whatever he gets is going to be seen more then he's worth, but if he comes in and catches 75 passes for 1200 and 10 TD's he will be worth every penny.

Just because he has 32 TD's doesn't mean he'll come here and have very many. You mentioned Brandon Marshall and he's a good example:

2009 (Broncos) - 10 TD
2010 (Dolphins) - 3 TD
2011 (Dolphins) - 6 TD
2012 (Bears) - 11 TD

Two years here, he got less than he did in 1 year on both teams. It's the QB's fault WR's aren't getting TD's, stop putting the blame all on the WR's.. Hartline runs great routes, has great hands and gets open a lot. Letting him go would be a mistake. If he wants too much money, yes, let him go, but he's the only WR on our roster I see worth keeping.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

Actually I thought one of the things Wallace has done is improve as a route runner....he's npt going to be of Jennings and Hartlines level, but he's not completely horrible at it either.

What makes him desirable.....32 touchdowns....if you add Hartline's and Bess's TDs over that time and include Brandon Marshall's for the two years he was here you still only have 26 total TD's...that is 8 more TD's from one guy....

Wallace will do wonders for Hartline (or who ever the Phins have as a number 2) by drawing attention away from them and forcing the opponents to keep a safety over the top.

Wallace is going to be expensive and whatever he gets is going to be seen more then he's worth, but if he comes in and catches 75 passes for 1200 and 10 TD's he will be worth every penny.

Just because he has 32 TD's doesn't mean he'll come here and have very many. You mentioned Brandon Marshall and he's a good example:

2009 (Broncos) - 10 TD
2010 (Dolphins) - 3 TD
2011 (Dolphins) - 6 TD
2012 (Bears) - 11 TD

Two years here, he got less than he did in 1 year on both teams. It's the QB's fault WR's aren't getting TD's, stop putting the blame all on the WR's.. Hartline runs great routes, has great hands and gets open a lot. Letting him go would be a mistake. If he wants too much money, yes, let him go, but he's the only WR on our roster I see worth keeping.

Good point Tetsuya is the Broncos had 21 Tds before Peyton Manning got there. They have redzone threats. When Manning got there they had 37 TDs.

The QB play has a lot to do with it. At the same time, while in the Redzone, we don't have a redzone threat at all.

There is no doubt that Mike Wallace has made plays and scored TDs but i just don't know if he fits what the offense is trying to do.

UniversalAuthor
jw33d

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
jw33d wrote:

No I agree. I want Patton and Hunter though. To me Patton and Hunter fit the best. I want to build the team through the draft. I want to use Free agency to fill voids now. We need CBs We should sign a CB or two. Draft replacements through the years.

I have a hard time passing on hopkins if he falls to 44. Patterson just seems like more of a gamer to me than Hunter. He has already been compared to Julio Jones, and if he is anything like Julio we'd be stupid not to take him.

Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
jw33d wrote:

I have a hard time passing on hopkins if he falls to 44. Patterson just seems like more of a gamer to me than Hunter. He has already been compared to Julio Jones, and if he is anything like Julio we'd be stupid not to take him.

I don't see the speed as Julio did on tape

UniversalAuthor
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

He is not known for his route running because his speed dominates his profile. I also do not want WR's with the same strengths. I do not think Wallace is a #1 but he compliments Bess
Amen speed dominates his profile so people just assume he cant run routes. He is solid and I will trust Bill polian when he says wallace can run real good routes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:

2009 (Broncos) - 10 TD
2010 (Dolphins) - 3 TD
2011 (Dolphins) - 6 TD
2012 (Bears) - 11 TD

I agree...I never said anything bad about Hartline and thought he would benefit from having some draw attention away from him.

As for QB play...yes some of the blame does belong to who is throwing the ball, but the current crop of guy the Phins currently have are not tough enough to fight in the end-zone. IF nothing else a guy like Wallace adds a a wrinkle to the offense that they lacked last season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

Amen speed dominates his profile so people just assume he cant run routes. He is solid and I will trust Bill polian when he says wallace can run real good routes

Nothing stands out on his route running. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not sure i see it. If they sign him, I'm confident he fits the system. If they don't, than it's due to him not fitting the system, more than it is money

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: