Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Draft vs WR Free Agency
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jw33d

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: WR Draft vs WR Free Agency Reply with quote

I see alot of posts on here about Miami going after top WR FA. I hope this isn't the case, to me this is a very intriguing draft class of WRs and I would rather see us build via draft then FA. I would like to see cordarelle and trade up for deandre hopkins. But that is just my opinion. Y'alls thoughts?

cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our WR needs an upgrade NOW not one in 2 - 3 years while the WRs we draft develop. We're either going to get a big time weapon in Wallace or a savvy route - runner in Jennings (he'd be a good mentor) to help bring up the guy(s) we draft in the 2nd / 3rd.
candyman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the value is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. WRīs like Quintin Patton, Robert Woods, Terrance Williams and Stedman Bailey are projected around that area.

And if the Dolphins donīt sign Mike Wallace, speedsters like Ace Sanders and Marcus Wheaton will probably be drafted around the middle rounds.
Russ57

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What many are overlooking is how much of our payroll goes to the defense because we have older players there. We would be better served to let guys like Smith walk, draft a CB, and apply that 8 million in savings to a FA WR/TE/OT/OG....etc. I love Starks but we should probably do the same with him:(
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me I see Mike Wallace as a compliment. He is not a #1. Whatever Miami does for receiver in free agency they still need to draft one in the first two rounds. I prefer actually prefer Hartline over Wallace because of his repore with Tanny. I do not think Miami will sign a Mike Wallace and Hartline and then spend a first round pick on another. I do suspect Miami will draft a receiver so that means Wallace or Hartline will be resigned, not both.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
I think that the value is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. WRīs like Quintin Patton, Robert Woods, Terrance Williams and Stedman Bailey are projected around that area.

And if the Dolphins donīt sign Mike Wallace, speedsters like Ace Sanders and Marcus Wheaton will probably be drafted around the middle rounds.

It does seem like the better value is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and would love to see any of the ones you mentioned.

Ace Sanders is a "poor man's" Tavon Austin, but playing against much stronger teams and would love to see him as a Dolphins...(I played for his father and watched him grow up....great kid)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
To me I see Mike Wallace as a compliment. He is not a #1. Whatever Miami does for receiver in free agency they still need to draft one in the first two rounds. I prefer actually prefer Hartline over Wallace because of his repore with Tanny. I do not think Miami will sign a Mike Wallace and Hartline and then spend a first round pick on another. I do suspect Miami will draft a receiver so that means Wallace or Hartline will be resigned, not both.

This offense doesn't need a #1 receiver.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The correct answer is :

1) FA - Mike Wallace
2) Resign - Brian Hartline
3) Draft - Aaron Mellette(Round 5)

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
Russ57

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Maddogg said:)

My favorite is DeAndre Hopkins.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
The correct answer is :

1) FA - Mike Wallace

Ill pass

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
The correct answer is :

1) FA - Mike Wallace

Ill pass

Minus 10 points Slytherin

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Blagasse67

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mindset is this. Sign Greg Jennings. He can play right now and then we draft two WR, Patton and Hunter. Greg Jennings fills the role that Donald Driver filled in Green Bay. Jennings can make plays now but at the same time help the young guys develop.

UniversalAuthor
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
My mindset is this. Sign Greg Jennings. He can play right now and then we draft two WR, Patton and Hunter. Greg Jennings fills the role that Donald Driver filled in Green Bay. Jennings can make plays now but at the same time help the young guys develop.

and when the common reply from the vet is "I'm here to play, its the coaches job to teach" what do you do then?

Blagasse67

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

and when the common reply from the vet is "I'm here to play, its the coaches job to teach" what do you do then?

Well the Vet plays, and the young players learn by watching. Learn by example. That is something the coaches can't give you. There is always a veteran of the team willing to teach.

If a player has the attitude of not wanting to teach the young guys, than they have no business on my team. That's how i would handle it. You think teams that have success at developing players, sign veterans with that attitude?

UniversalAuthor
Warpticon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins' depth chart at WR right now is Bess, Moore, Matthews, Binns. It's not an either/or situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: