Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's my favorite of the options, but I don't like paying non-elite WRs that much.

I'd probably pass, but we may not.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
He's my favorite of the options, but I don't like paying non-elite WRs that much.

They most likely will try to sign him....

He will create the buzz the team is looking for, big free agent signings energize the fan base, help with ticket and apparel sales, and it makes fans believe they are trying to get better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way I see it, we have the cap room to overpay at least 1 guy. Might as well be at the WR position.

I'll go on record now: My guess is he signs a 5 - year, $52.5 million dollar deal with either the Dolphins or the Browns. Their receiving corps is even worse than ours (hard to believe) and they have more cap space.

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
MiaDolphan13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Way I see it, we have the cap room to overpay at least 1 guy. Might as well be at the WR position.

I'll go on record now: My guess is he signs a 5 - year, $52.5 million dollar deal with either the Dolphins or the Browns. Their receiving corps is even worse than ours (hard to believe) and they have more cap space.

Maybe overall but id take josh gordon over any receiver we have.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiaDolphan13 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Maybe overall but id take josh gordon over any receiver we have.

Both teams definitely need an upgrade though.

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
SuperDolfan13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since i am from the pittsburgh area i have seen wallace play quite a few times. he has explosive speed, but sometimes comes down with a bad case of the drops. i like him a lot, but he seems like the kind of player who may become complacent after getting a big pay day. Of all the FA WR's he is still my favorite. No doubt he can blow the top off a coverage, and will draw a lot of attention from DB's that will help other guys get open. If we secure Wallace we need to plug holes on the Oline for sure. I believe we also need to make some moves with our DB's. It's a passing league. A strong DB corps is a MUST.

^Props to Waldo
"So the last shall be first, and first shall be last." Matthew 20:16
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
JCool333 wrote:

He will create the buzz the team is looking for, big free agent signings energize the fan base, help with ticket and apparel sales, and it makes fans believe they are trying to get better.

The question isn't whether or not they will try to rign him, it's how much they'd be willing to pay him up front and in the first couple years of the contract.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
JCool333 wrote:

The question isn't whether or not they will try to rign him, it's how much they'd be willing to pay him up front and in the first couple years of the contract.

Usually these type of big money contracts are back loaded....while he may average 11 million a year his first couple of years will most likely be below that then balloon for the last few....His guaranteed cash should be around half his contract....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
JCool333 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
JCool333 wrote:

Usually these type of big money contracts are back loaded....while he may average 11 million a year his first couple of years will most likely be below that then balloon for the last few....His guaranteed cash should be around half his contract....

That's what is good about signing a big name guy. You can still add players this year and prepare for the future. By the time the big money kicks in, you can make moves to allow the young guys to step in.

Example: we sign Mike Wallace, and draft Quinton Patton and next year another WR, by the time Mike Wallace big money kicks in, we can have a replacement and move on without having to pay too much. If necessary

UniversalAuthor
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
As far as cost with Mike Wallace a 6year 52 million deal should do it.

I love Wallace too but I am scared that Ireland/Ross are going to over pay to get him. Mike Wallace turned down a 5yrs/50 million offer from the Steelers last year. He said he was looking for a contract like Vincent Jackson's 5yrs/55.5 mil. Is Mike Wallace really worth 11 mil a season? I really hope so.

If they can make it work and get use Wallace and 2-3 other players in the draft, I am on board.

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: