Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target Reply with quote

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-omar-kelly-dolphins-0220-20130219,0,5495647.story

Quote:
Multiple sources tell the Sun-Sentinel Steelers receiver Mike Wallace, who won't be given the franchise tag by the Steelers this offseason, is the team's top target.

I like the idea of Wallace...he could really open up the offense, but that is one hefty price tag....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-omar-kelly-dolphins-0220-20130219,0,5495647.story

Quote:
Multiple sources tell the Sun-Sentinel Steelers receiver Mike Wallace, who won't be given the franchise tag by the Steelers this offseason, is the team's top target.

I like the idea of Wallace...he could really open up the offense, but that is one hefty price tag....

I like the idea as well but he quickly will become a non issue if we don't get a couple of veteran guards on our line and an insurance plan / depth behind Jonathan Martin.

The Dolphins should secure the cake before they plot out the icing.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Quote:

I like the idea as well but he quickly will become a non issue if we don't get a couple of veteran guards on our line and an insurance plan / depth behind Jonathan Martin.

If we were to sign Wallace the entire rest of my off-season focus would be offensive line. The defense can wait, its passable.

FF Member #67
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Wallace, but he kind of scares me because he seems to be more about himself than about the team. I think he can ball, but at the same time I hope he chills out once he gets paid.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The C/G from Cal looked incredible at the Senior Bowl and his movement skills are top notch. He was a guy that really jumped out when watching the game. Nice potential 2nd/3rd round target for us.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I do agree we need a OG I would have no problem if the #12 pk were a LOT.

To me the notion of trying to improve by acquiring the most elusive & critical talent necessary on the Oline is paramount.

Let there be a head to head competition between a rookie & J. Martin.
We can use pk # 2B on an OG.

Whats the worst that could happen we improve the bookends ...?
OG are a Dime a Dozen by comparison to an OT.

sug
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Quote:

I whole heartedly agree with dolphinologist for the past few years my mocks have included multiple offensive lineman selections. This year I have one free agent wet dream Andy Levitre and drafting a guard (Warmack or Cooper). Add in a good ROT and a solid back up and the OLine is golden.

As far as Mike Wallace his acquisition would be significant to keeping the safeties back and really open up the short to intermediate routes. Draft Jordan Reed at TE and now you have a deadly seam
threat.

Once all that is in place then you can fairly judge Ryan Tannehill as to whether he is the "franchise".

As far as cost with Mike Wallace a 6year 52 million deal should do it.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Quote:

I whole heartedly agree with dolphinologist for the past few years my mocks have included multiple offensive lineman selections. This year I have one free agent wet dream Andy Levitre and drafting a guard (Warmack or Cooper). Add in a good ROT and a solid back up and the OLine is golden.

As far as Mike Wallace his acquisition would be significant to keeping the safeties back and really open up the short to intermediate routes. Draft Jordan Reed at TE and now you have a deadly seam
threat.

Once all that is in place then you can fairly judge Ryan Tannehill as to whether he is the "franchise".

Wallace will provide the splash that the casual fans crave, but you both are correct....the line needs work and should be focused on this off-season....protect the QB, Save the franchise.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

I love Wallace too but I am scared that Ireland/Ross are going to over pay to get him. Mike Wallace turned down a 5yrs/50 million offer from the Steelers last year. He said he was looking for a contract like Vincent Jackson's 5yrs/55.5 mil. Is Mike Wallace really worth 11 mil a season? I really hope so.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't need that kinda talent for a ZBS.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
Maddogg wrote:

I love Wallace too but I am scared that Ireland/Ross are going to over pay to get him. Mike Wallace turned down a 5yrs/50 million offer from the Steelers last year. He said he was looking for a contract like Vincent Jackson's 5yrs/55.5 mil. Is Mike Wallace really worth 11 mil a season? I really hope so.

At the time Mike Wallace over estimated his value to the team. The numbers the Steelers were offering and what Wallace wanted wasn't that far off. However the Steelers offer was the absolute maximum they were willing to pay..

6 years 52 million makes sense in that :

1) The contract doesn't strangle the Dolphins as far as stagnant cap moving forward.
2) The contract more accurately reflects the value Mike Wallace has as a wide receiver.
3) Florida has no state income tax so the value is actually more compared to other teams depending on which state and city they play in.
4) Very few teams are in a position cap wise to offer him this type of deal without having cap repercussions themselves within the first two years of the contract.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace I would love to have. I would also love to bring in jennings. I think they would compliment each other. If we did that then draft could be focused elsewhere

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this but as I have stated on another thread I love wallace and his 26 touchdowns over 3 years. He is a good route runner durable only 26 and make others better by just being on the field. I dont claim to know him at all but I think the diva label is over used with him he is a hard worker he just over valued his worth. I have never heard reports on him demanding the ball or getting into gameday spats on the field or sidelines none whatsoever maybe I am wrong but I have not heard of any.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I just saw this but as I have stated on another thread I love wallace and his 26 touchdowns over 3 years. He is a good route runner durable only 26 and make others better by just being on the field. I dont claim to know him at all but I think the diva label is over used with him he is a hard worker he just over valued his worth. I have never heard reports on him demanding the ball or getting into gameday spats on the field or sidelines none whatsoever maybe I am wrong but I have not heard of any.

I agree....I haven't really read anything about him that screams problem child other then typical WR attitude....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be upset with Wallace as our number 1 FA Prospect at all, but I think that Andy Lavitre should be a very close second or 1A & 1B.

If we can get those two in FA, then we could go:

Draft:
1. Pass Rush DE or CB
2a. OG Cooper or Barrett (?) from Alabama
2b. WR/TE
3 OT/WR/TE

And the rest could be O-Line IMO.

That would be an amazing offseason and put us on track for the playoffs for starters this season.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: