Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PreCombine Mock"s" from Manas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Mock would you take.
A.First Mock
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
B.Second Mock
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
C.Third Mock
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

HTTR21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: PreCombine Mock"s" from Manas Reply with quote

*First Mock*

2nd Round Pick 54th Overall-Phillip Thomas,S,Fresno State

Best pure coverage safety in college football. He has the chance to return it every play once he has the ball to. I prefer Matt Elam and believe is the best safety in college football but he won't fall to us. Phillip Thomas, is not that much of a downgrade, and who knows he might be the next big thing.

3rd Round Pick 76th Overall Pick-Menelik Watson,OT,FSU

Everyone on the Redskin forum likes this guy as far as I know. It was either him or Justin Pugh, haven't watched tremendous amount of tape on Menelik but, the tape I did watch he wasn't bad and wasn't great. Though the dude is extremely athletic, and the man is shredded. Perfect for zone blocking.

4th Round Pick 98th Overall Pick-Marquise Goodwin,WR,Texas

I believe the guy will run the mid to high 4.3, and the guy was 10th in qualifying at the London Olympics for long jump. So his athleticism is there. He has almost running back ball carrier vision, can return the ball. Perfect slot Wideout for when Moss is either cut retires or gets traded, this year or next.

5th Round Pick 120th Overall Pick-Tyrann Matheiu,CB, Former LSU

The man his issues, yes. But the dude has unreal instincts and his speed, tackling, play recognition is there. If he can put it together and play ball, could easily be starting corner on this "D".

5th Round Pick 129th Overall Pick-Kenjon Barner,RB,Oregon

I hear all the time, him and Helu have the same speed. Well they might but I haven't seen Helu almost run in a year, how do I know he's going to come back with the same speed. Also, Kenjon has more lateral movement, quickness and short area burst then Helu. A-Train Barner in the backfield both at once while RG3 has the read option going. Nightmare. Kenjon bounce it outside or A-Train up the gut.I would love it.

6th Round Pick 142nd Overall Pick-Brad Wing,P,LSU

This guy has Shane Lechler potential, and look what the Angry Leg did last year. I mean, we have other needs sure, but at this point he could fill a void for years and years.

7th Round Pick 164th Overall Pick-Bruce Taylor,ILB,V.Tech

More of a depth move, and to push Keenan to make the next step. Could prove good on special teams especially with LoZo's mentorship. Never know what the guy could end up being.

*Second Mock*

2nd Round Pick 54th Overall Pick-Jordan Poyer,CB,Oregon State

I say he is the 2nd best pure cover corner in this draft. If not for the depth of the position easy first rounder, especially after he made the Senior Bowl his proving ground. Can return it once he has caught it, great fluid hips, effective in the run, can play zone very well too.

3rd Round Pick 76th Overall Pick- Brennan Williams,OT,North Carolina

Read some forums exclusive on this guy. Haven't heard many bad things about the guy, he has been mocked in the 3-4 range but I feel he will fly up draft boards, for his athleticism and his good technique. He is one of the reasons for Giovanni had the year he had.

4th Round Pick 98th Overall Pick-Kevin Reddick,ILB,NC

Not only is this a depth move, he could push Keenan or overcome his and get more snaps than Keenan. Guy is a pure tackler, super versatile. I really love this guy.

5th Round Pick 120th Overall Pick-Ace Sanders,WR,South Carolina

To the Carolina schools we go again. Great returner, and if you haven't seen his return versus Mizzoui, was oh lord. He could fill the role for Santana when his time in BnG is finally over.

5th Round Pick 129th Overall Pick-Johnathan Franklin,RB,UCLA

This is the whole Shanny picking his random running back. I like the guy, reminds me of A-Train with the shifty hips and cunning elusiveness. Though the guy has more speed than A-Train and can catch quite a bit better than A-Trains Stone hands.

6th Round Pick 142nd Overall Pick-Earl Wolff,S,NCST

Depth to push Gomes to make it or break it and in the 6th, can't hate it. Doesn't do anything great, but he's solid-ish.

7th Round Pick 164th Overall Pick-Nikkel Robey,CB,Southern Cal

Honestly don't know that much about the guy, watched a little tape and there is a reason he's a seventh rounder. Doesn't pop out at me, just does his job.

*Third Mock*

2nd Round Pick 54th Overall Pick- Terrance Williams,WR,Baylor,Tavon Austin,WR,WVU,DeAndre Hopkins,WR,Clemson

One of them will drop, Terrance Williams is a mean deep threat and red zone threat. Tavon Austin is a Harvin type of player, can score on any given play. De'Andre Hopkins is a great all around player, does everything well, kinda like a Torrey Smith. Why have a true #1 when you have alot of #2's move the ball all over the place and have a great running attack.

3rd Overall Pick 76th Overall Pick-D.J Swearinger,S,South Carolina

True Strong Safety, reminds me of Bernard Pollard not only his playstyle but, when Pollard came out of Purdue he didn't test in the combine all that great. I feel DJ is the same way, underwhelming athleticism plays on instinct more than speed or strength.

4th Overall Pick 98th Overall Pick-David Bakhtiari G/T,Colorado

Guy seems athletic enough to play in the ZBS. Doesn't seem super strong or super lengthy, his tangibles don't blow off the charts. But his technique is there ,with enough coaching he could be protecting cousins and RG3 sooner than later.

5th Round Pick 120th Overall Pick-Jordan Hill,DT,Penn. State.

Great Run Blocking stuffer, yes we signed Brace. But what has he done honestly? It shows we had great run defense but the defense is skewed, for how easy it was to throw on the Skins "D". When our D gets healthy next year more run plays will come.

5th Round Pick 129th Overall Pick- Brandon McGee,CB,Miami

Guy has the speed,agility,and acceleration you want in a corner, but has serious mental lapses. Marcus Van Dyke 2.0? Maybe. Maybe not.

6th Round Pick 142nd Overall Pick-Vince Williams,ILB,FSU

Again another depth linebacker to not only push Keenan but for injury and special teams.

7th Round Pick 164th Overall Pick-Ray Graham,RB,Pitt.

I've always loved the Pitt RB's Tony Dorsett, Shady McCoy and Dion Lewis. Guy plays like Dion and McCoy, and always love a running back with that kinda of lateral movement and just making guys left and right and then turning the burners on.

I have had Little or not time to watch college football this year due to deployment, but now I am at Manas airfield with nothing to do,waiting to go home. So I made this, pretty much to kill time. Sorry if the numbers for picks are wrong and would love some feedback.

<Props to Rase for the Awesome sig>
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First mock! Gives us a great safety and RT prospect as well as Mathieu and Barner in the 5th who could be steals there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
First mock! Gives us a great safety and RT prospect as well as Mathieu and Barner in the 5th who could be steals there.

I agree with this. Not sure if Mathieu and Barner will be available where drafted but if they are I wouldn't complain.
daskins

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd mock

Love Poyer - think he could become a legit shutdown.

Brennan Williams - huge guy, not quick, but quicker than what we have

Ace Sanders - REALLY want this guy. Watched every South Carolina game this year, and he is already what we had hoped Banks could become. A lot like TY HIlton, who we missed out on last year, and made Luck look almost as good as RGIII. Just makes big plays.

Everything else gives us good depth/competition
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted on the second mock simply because we don't get any head cases (first mock) and I don't like the idea of going WR with our first pick (third mock).
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EASILY the 1st first, imo. (which i voted)

Although I am hoping for a draft a little bit different than any of these, the first is money.

Lets see...
We arguably get the best cover Safety in the draft of FS Phillip Thomas. A HUGE need for this team.

We get a dude I have no idea about..lol in Watson. I presume he's a RT or can play it. Which is our #1 need, imo. Personally...I want Kyle Long, but hey...it's all good.
So although I'm not crazy on the player, the need here is solid choice in the 3rd.

Don't know much about this guy either in Marquise Goodwin.
I am hoping we go WR in FA and not the draft or at least...not this high. 6th or 7th would be ok. here in the 4th, would be a good time to look at QB's if we plan on carrying 3 and REX is gone.....or possibly an ILB knowing Fletch is soon to be gone, we may lose Lorenzo and we hope Robinson is decent. i would look at QB's or LBers in the 4th. I don't like the pick here for WR. Not this early anyways...look in FA. ...And if QB Tyler Bray is still on the board this late in the 4th rd...I'm sprinting to Roger Goodell, while tripping over the head phone cords to turn in the draft card. He would be the perfect #3 guy here, imo.

Love this pick in the 5th! CB Tyrann Matheiu has mad ball skills and returning ability. He not only would allow to us to forget banks, but put challenge Paul for return duties. Oh...And we need Corners. This is a complete best available player...shooting for potential explode or bust type of pick and i love it. You can't teach speed and he offers serious play making ability for this team. And with a new Special Teams coach, you can't hate on this selection for the guy. This is a big reason, I voted for this first draft option. I said YEP!

Got to love the late round Shanny RB pick in Kenjon Barner. Some would say..."we don't need a RB" Actually...we kinda do. Royster will never challenge Morris, other than spot duty. Helu can't stay healthy & Keeland Williams won't go away...We need speed on this Offense, if were going to be a complete and dangerous team. Having a guy like Barner, gives us a spelling option for our stud Morris. Shanahan could have a stable of RB's and he's still taking a flier on a late rd RB. It's just gonna happen. it's what he does. It may not be Barner, but we will be targeting someone. Totally cool with this pick.

6th and 7th rd choices are so-so.
I know we probably need a Punter, but I really like that Rocca guy we have.
I know he's like 168 years old, but the dude rips off Cowboy helmets. I love this dude and actually hope he comes back. But I understand getting a punter, as we may need one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first mock seems to unrealistic. I can't imagine landing all of those guys.

The 3rd mocks seems to be more of a realistic pattern.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

This is true, but boys can dream right?? Wink Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Macho Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second mock cause of the attention to right tackle and safety. The is no way though that Matthieu falls to the 5th, alot of people think he will fall that far but aint gonna happen. The absolute latest this guy will go will be 3rd round and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 2nd. Its easy to forget how good people are but that's what the combine is for. He will start flyin up draft board in next week or so.
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

The complete opposite. The third mock is the most unrealistic as there is very little chance that Terrence Williams will be available at 51, and quite frankly I do not see Swearinger making it to 51, let alone the third round.

Jordan Poyer is a top 25 pick.

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

The complete opposite. The third mock is the most unrealistic as there is very little chance that Terrence Williams will be available at 51, and quite frankly I do not see Swearinger making it to 51, let alone the third round.

Jordan Poyer is a top 25 pick.
ATM, Swearinger will be there, people question his coverage skills. He may have to play SS in the nfl.

I agree that Williams and Poyer won't be there. They will go late 1st, early 2nd
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take the first one, but I really doubt some of those guys will last that long in the draft. If it did happen like that I would be happy. Although I would probably try to add another safety through the draft, and maybe change the Barner pick to a strong safety like Shamarko Thomas as I doubt Barner lasts that long.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000140384/

Quote:
6) FLORIDA STATE OT MENELIK WATSON

Watson is another player with a unique sporting background. He grew up as a basketball player in England before attending Marist College in New York to play hoops. He has also has a boxing background and actually spent time working out with Oscar De La Hoya's trainer. He is a raw football player but a freaky athlete. He should break 5.0 in the 40 at 6-6 and more than 300 pounds.

For those who didn't know who Menelik Watson is, here's a little blurb for you. He's raw but athletic and will be a perfect fit at right tackle in our zbs.
HTTR21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you saw Marquise Goodwins time, doubt we can touch him now in the third.

<Props to Rase for the Awesome sig>
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTR21 wrote:
All of you saw Marquise Goodwins time, doubt we can touch him now in the third.
what was his time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: