Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Izdik

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrankJets

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: John Izdik Reply with quote

What is everyones opinion on him? I honestly dont like him one bit but who knows. Just seeing what ya think of him.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... a bit too early to judge him.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: John Izdik Reply with quote

FrankJets wrote:
What is everyones opinion on him? I honestly dont like him one bit but who knows. Just seeing what ya think of him.

Based off of what?

All of his moves so far have been the expected and are all good moves.

If you're judging based off empirical evidence, you have to be neutral. He hasn't done anything that allows you to judge him yet.
FrankJets

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are right but I dont know. i still think we can win now. I believe in this team.Rex believes in this team. Izdik does not. Izdik has nothing to lose with Sanchez failing and this year going straight to hell. Izdik wants to trade Revis and maybe Cro because these are the two guys on our team that have trade value and just draft his own guys. This does indeed work but I think we can win now. We should have a top 5 defense with what we have now and what we gonna add through draft. Our defense is going to improve huge with the addition of Revis coming back and guys like Davis, Coples, and Wilkerson having another year on there belt and knowing the system. We just need to make some nice moves on offense to give Sanchez some talent, which he hasnt had since 2010.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankJets wrote:
You guys are right but I dont know. i still think we can win now. I believe in this team.Rex believes in this team. Izdik does not. Izdik has nothing to lose with Sanchez failing and this year going straight to hell. Izdik wants to trade Revis and maybe Cro because these are the two guys on our team that have trade value and just draft his own guys. This does indeed work but I think we can win now. We should have a top 5 defense with what we have now and what we gonna add through draft. Our defense is going to improve huge with the addition of Revis coming back and guys like Davis, Coples, and Wilkerson having another year on there belt and knowing the system. We just need to make some nice moves on offense to give Sanchez some talent, which he hasnt had since 2010.
oh brother

Take your homer hat off for 2 seconds and look at this team for what it is. We're not a top 5 defense. Our lbs are below average & cant rush the passer, Landrys asking price may be too much and we lack a true NT to sever our run d. We're good on d, likely top 10, but considering our offensive woes that may even be a struggle.

Our offense is devoid of talent & building around Sanchez after 4 years of mediocrity is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Our skill players stink and our ol has regressed.

This roster which is so beyond cap stricken isn't going to take care of both olb spots, nt, replacing Landry &/or Keller, and revamping the offense in one offseason....not unless izdik has a remarkable draft & even then...

Fwiw, izdik has never said he wants to get rid of revis/cro. That info was leaked before he was hired. And though you may hate to admit it were rebuilding and it makes no sense to tie up so much money in 1 position on a team that isn't competing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true colt. But you can't blame someone for looking at the positives. We all wear our gear each Sunday and cheer for those remarkable efforts. Heck! I'm hoping Mark will prove everyone wrong. I think Idzik will be a name we all remember. This man does know football as well as dollars. We might get beat up a little next year but it takes time to put a jigsaw puzzle together. Positivity can be a powerfull thing!
GO! JETS! GO!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Idzik hire. His resume makes me feel a little confident that he'll make the right moves. Financially, it's a ugly situation, but roster wise, I don't think it's as bad as it seems. I think MM is going to help make a difference.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: