Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lauren Silberman 1st Female to take part in Regional Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish her the best of luck. I think it's a good starting point for women to go pro.

Then again, if the rules keep going the way they are going, it will be flag football anyway lol.

Seriously though, this can open the door for other women to come in as kickers.

UniversalAuthor
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what if she's the best kicker in the world. If she wants to kick there are women leagues available for her to chase her dreams. My dream is to play professional football yet you don't see me knocking down the door of the women's leagues to play????

If she is allowed to play in the NFL then anyone should be able to join a women's league. Can you imagine Jerome Harrison playing in a women's league? Would be absolute murder.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
So what if she's the best kicker in the world. If she wants to kick there are women leagues available for her to chase her dreams. My dream is to play professional football yet you don't see me knocking down the door of the women's leagues to play????

That's because you're not a woman.

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
If she is allowed to play in the NFL then anyone should be able to join a women's league. Can you imagine Jerome Harrison playing in a women's league? Would be absolute murder.

Your logic is flawed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Your logic is flawed.

How is my logic flawed. Based on equality. Equality goes both ways. If its fair that a women play in the NFL, then Men should be able to join Women's leagues.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Your logic is flawed.

How is my logic flawed. Based on equality. Equality goes both ways. If its fair that a women play in the NFL, then Men should be able to join Women's leagues.

Your logic is suggesting that the NFL is a league in which only men are allowed to play. If it was, you'd have a fair point. Since it's not, your logic is flawed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Your logic is flawed.

Your logic is suggesting that the NFL is a league in which only men are allowed to play. If it was, you'd have a fair point.

That's segregation and discrimination based on sex. That's not allowed according to some of these posters and title XII
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The military has different physical fitness standards for men and women for a reason. Women are generally weaker and slower.

I have absolutely no issues with a woman in the NFL. But we all should be able to come to grips with the fact that no woman will likely ever, ever beat the field for a ro::ster spot. Football is about so many things that women just aren't.

CK on the sig
broncos67

iPwn wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
And basically, now you're not only saying that women are equal to men in physical ability on a basketball court, but, in fact, that Cheryl Miller is the greatest basketball player ever, because she beat the best man (ergo could beat any inferior man to Jordan)

Sorry, that doesn't work for me.
Actually, no that's not what he's saying. He simply pointed to an incident that gives some credence that there might be a woman who can at least compete with even elite male athletes. He never said, nor implied, that the best basketball player ever was a woman.

Don't play lawyer with me dude. He brought up, more than once by the way, how good Cheryl Miller was by referencing, of all things, quotes FROM HER BROTHER. The point of bringing her up was to show that she was an elite female athlete, better than most male athletes, and who could compete with ELITE male athletes. After the Reggie Miller claim was shot down, he brought up the Michael Jordan point. Michael Jordan is recognized by just about everyone to be the best basketball player that ever lived. If that's the case, and we're saying how good she was in reference to Jordan, that's implying she's the best. Period.
No it isn't. He was clearly showing that they can compete, as was the discussion. Nowhere in that discussion was the suggestion made that she was the best basketball player in world history. It was posted specifically to point out how an elite talent woman could compete with individuals in the NBA. Twisting the point, which was wholly a rebuttal, to serve as something entirely different is wholly disingenuous.

So why was it necessary to include (the greatest player ever to lace up sneakers) when describing Jordan and the situation in which Cheryl Miller "beat" him?

Thanks, Tzimisce
tylerdouglass

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Your logic is flawed.

Your logic is suggesting that the NFL is a league in which only men are allowed to play. If it was, you'd have a fair point.

That's segregation and discrimination based on sex. That's not allowed according to some of these posters and title XII

The women's leagues are designed to give women a place to play pro-level football, not to exclude men.

If men want to play in leagues lower than the NFLs level, they have options outside of women's leagues. If women want to play in the premier pro-football league, the NFL is the only answer. There is no equal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt that NFL punters and kickers are at much risk for physical contact, but when blocking breaks down, they will get hit. If this is a publicity stunt, thats fine. As long as it is understood that a female kicker will be slower and more vulnerable to injury.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Your logic is flawed.

The women's leagues are designed to give women a place to play pro-level football, not to exclude men.

If men want to play in leagues lower than the NFLs level, they have options outside of women's leagues. If women want to play in the premier pro-football league, the NFL is the only answer.

So have a women's premier league. Like the WNBA. A place where the top female athletes can play football. Girl against girl. The NFL has nothing to gain by this. (Other then PR points from feminist groups)
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Your logic is flawed.

If men want to play in leagues lower than the NFLs level, they have options outside of women's leagues. If women want to play in the premier pro-football league, the NFL is the only answer.

So have a women's premier league. Like the WNBA. A place where the top female athletes can play football. Girl against girl. The NFL has nothing to gain by this. (Other then PR points from feminist groups)

The WNBA isn't half of what the NBA is. It's not a premiere league, it's a premiere women's league.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna say this and be done:

I wish her the best. I'm very pro equality and I hope everything works out for her both in her NFL career and her life. I think that cultural issues inside an NFL lockerroom will be difficult for a woman to navigate at times, but if she can do it, more power to her.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Your logic is flawed.

The WNBA isn't half of what the NBA is. It's not a premiere league, it's a premiere women's league.

My point exactly. Women sports isn't fun to watch and takes away from the competition level. Allowing women into the NFL would take away from the best male athletes. Biologically women are at such a disadvantage when it come to athletics. On average men are 1.5 times stronger and have thicker skeleton structures allowing men to be more athletic.

Don't blame me for pointing out women are weaker. Blame evolution.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
My point exactly. Women sports isn't fun to watch and takes away from the competition level. Allowing women into the NFL would take away from the best male athletes.

What? If a woman makes a team, it's because the FO feels she is the best option at that position. It's not like they're being forced to sign women to their team.

You're acting like allowing women in the league would lead to a flood of women joining the league. If anything, the competition pool goes up (not likely) because the talent pool grows. Not saying that will happen, but the idea that the competition level gets lower by adding more potential players to sign is false. (Assuming that's the only factor that's changing)

Terrible argument.

Last edited by tylerdouglass on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17

Jump to: