Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Conz pre-combine mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2228
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Conz pre-combine mock Reply with quote

Resignees:

1 year deal:
QB-J.Campbell
WR-J.Anderson (ST)
LB-B.Urlacher
CB-K.Hayden

2-3 year deal
DT-A.Okoye
LB-N.Roach

4-5 year deal
DL-H.Melton

Cuts
RB-H.Unga
TE-Matt Spaeth
TE-Kellen Davis Pray
OL-E.Williams
DL-M.Toeaina

Free Agency:
OT-J.Bushrod
FB-O.Schmitt
TE-D.Rosario
OLB-A.Curry (Gholston or Okoye)

Draft:
Trade 20th and 6th round pick for early 2013 (5-10) 2nd/3rd/4th round

2.(trade) MLB-Kevin Minter
2.TE-Levine Toilolo
3.(trade) CB/Nickel Tyrann Mathieu
4.(trade) OLB-Sean Porter
4.C-Braxston Cave
5.QB-Zach Dysert
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5379
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a big fan of the draft and didnt we cut Okoye?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2228
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Im not a big fan of the draft and didnt we cut Okoye?


Care to explain why you're not a fan of the draft?

Amobi Okoye
http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster.html
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9640
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough OL, the OL you suggests adds 1 average player to a terrible unit.

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

That line still is terrible.

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2228
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Im not a big fan of the draft and didnt we cut Okoye?


2.(trade) MLB-Kevin Minter (Urlacher's prodije)
2.TE-Levine Toilolo (Big/Hands/Can Block/Stanford)
3.(trade) CB/Nickel Tyrann Mathieu (makes plays..Tillman JR)
4.(trade) OLB-Sean Porter (This dude can blitz.. something we haven't had)
4.C-Braxston Cave (It's time to find Garza's replacement)
5.QB-Zach Dysert (Not to big on this guy but he will probably be best Available)
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5379
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Im not a big fan of the draft and didnt we cut Okoye?


Care to explain why you're not a fan of the draft?

Amobi Okoye
http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster.html
I dont think Toilolo is worth the pick. Honey Badger is a waste of a pick. We wouldnt take him anyway. Im ok with Porter. I dont think Cave is a draftable player. Never have. Dysert will go before that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2228
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Not enough OL, the OL you suggests adds 1 average player to a terrible unit.

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

That line still is terrible.

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.


Idk maybe our first round draft pick 2 years ago.. or are we giving up on him already?
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2708
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Not enough OL, the OL you suggests adds 1 average player to a terrible unit.

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

That line still is terrible.

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.


Idk maybe our first round draft pick 2 years ago.. or are we giving up on him already?


You clearly haven't been around very much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2228
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Im not a big fan of the draft and didnt we cut Okoye?


Care to explain why you're not a fan of the draft?

Amobi Okoye
http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster.html
I dont think Toilolo is worth the pick. Honey Badger is a waste of a pick. We wouldnt take him anyway. Im ok with Porter. I dont think Cave is a draftable player. Never have. Dysert will go before that.


1.Have you ever watched Toilolo's film?
2. Honey Badger makes plays and so does the Bears defense.
3. I'll be surprised is Dysert is gone.. and Il'' be even more surprised if there is more than one QB taken in the first round.
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9640
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Not enough OL, the OL you suggests adds 1 average player to a terrible unit.

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

That line still is terrible.

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.


Idk maybe our first round draft pick 2 years ago.. or are we giving up on him already?


1. Who knows if he is healthy.
2. When on the field he has embarrassed himself.
3. He has never played LG.

Carimi can compete for a spot, but to rely on him is a huge gamble and the line you suggests has 1 average starter added from a unit that was terrible.

Talent is the issue.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2228
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Not enough OL, the OL you suggests adds 1 average player to a terrible unit.

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

That line still is terrible.

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.


Idk maybe our first round draft pick 2 years ago.. or are we giving up on him already?


You clearly haven't been around very much.


Again I would appreciate feedback rather then posts that aren't explained. Thank you
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2228
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Not enough OL, the OL you suggests adds 1 average player to a terrible unit.

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

That line still is terrible.

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.


Idk maybe our first round draft pick 2 years ago.. or are we giving up on him already?


1. Who knows if he is healthy.
2. When on the field he has embarrassed himself.
3. He has never played LG.

Carimi can compete for a spot, but to rely on him is a huge gamble and the line you suggests has 1 average starter added from a unit that was terrible.

Talent is the issue.


Hey that's what I'm talkin about! I agree Carimi was terrible last season at Tackle.. I thought he did an Ok job at guard... I feel Gabe has a cross to bear this upcoming season which I do think he can excell at guard especially with Kromer.
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9640
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Not enough OL, the OL you suggests adds 1 average player to a terrible unit.

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

That line still is terrible.

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.


Idk maybe our first round draft pick 2 years ago.. or are we giving up on him already?


1. Who knows if he is healthy.
2. When on the field he has embarrassed himself.
3. He has never played LG.

Carimi can compete for a spot, but to rely on him is a huge gamble and the line you suggests has 1 average starter added from a unit that was terrible.

Talent is the issue.


Hey that's what I'm talkin about! I agree Carimi was terrible last season at Tackle.. I thought he did an Ok job at guard... I feel Gabe has a cross to bear this upcoming season which I do think he can excell at guard especially with Kromer.


Do you really want to bet next season on Carimi stepping up at LG, Garza not declining anymore, Louis coming back from ACL and Bushrod being a significant upgrade at OT?

A ton of risk with a position that has let is down for 5 years.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5379
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Im not a big fan of the draft and didnt we cut Okoye?


Care to explain why you're not a fan of the draft?

Amobi Okoye
http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster.html
I dont think Toilolo is worth the pick. Honey Badger is a waste of a pick. We wouldnt take him anyway. Im ok with Porter. I dont think Cave is a draftable player. Never have. Dysert will go before that.


1.Have you ever watched Toilolo's film?
2. Honey Badger makes plays and so does the Bears defense.
3. I'll be surprised is Dysert is gone.. and Il'' be even more surprised if there is more than one QB taken in the first round.
Yes
He's an idiot
I think he'll be gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2708
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Not enough OL, the OL you suggests adds 1 average player to a terrible unit.

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

That line still is terrible.

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.


Idk maybe our first round draft pick 2 years ago.. or are we giving up on him already?


You clearly haven't been around very much.


Again I would appreciate feedback rather then posts that aren't explained. Thank you


I can't possibly get much clearer than I was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group