Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
If Star is cleared by NFL doctors (ours in particular if we give him a visit), I wouldn't be against taking him at #4 for the 5-tech. I liked him during the season, ended up having my interest subside due to his heart condition, but in the end could endorse that pick if he's good.

Another distinct possibility is that we take an OT like Fisher or Johnson (figuring Joeckel will be gone by #4).

I think he might be an NT in the 4-3 under, assuming that's what we go with.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
If Star is cleared by NFL doctors (ours in particular if we give him a visit), I wouldn't be against taking him at #4 for the 5-tech. I liked him during the season, ended up having my interest subside due to his heart condition, but in the end could endorse that pick if he's good.

Another distinct possibility is that we take an OT like Fisher or Johnson (figuring Joeckel will be gone by #4).

I think he might be an NT in the 4-3 under, assuming that's what we go with.

Agree. And I want nothing to do with a NT in the 1st round.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
JayAp07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
I'm serious. Long arms are important for the 5-tech.

33 and 5/8 inches
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/star-lotulelei?id=2539329

PowerElite wrote:
He'll suck as a 5 tech. I've never even read a draftnik scouting report consider such a thing.
He's probably better for 3-tech but his pass rushing isn't really there and we already have Cox for that. Guess we could try him at NT but taking one that high in the draft isn't the smartest thing to do. I just like what he brings to the table, but he may be best suited for a NT in a 4-3.
Star is just a flat out good DL. He can play anywhere that we as a team would want him to. He can hold the point of attack, play the run, push guys around to get to the passer, and just cause absolute disruption. Anybody want Jessie Williams with our 2nd to rotate with Sop at NT? I feel like Sop would be an excellent mentor to Jessie. But, as of now, I'd rather go S/CB with our 2nd.

Depends on who is still on the board in the 2nd. There's a good chance that all of the safeties and corners worth taking there could be off the board. I would love Jessie or Hankins in the 2nd though.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone needs to produce a research report on the effectiveness of former 1st and 2nd round pick 43 defensive tackle types in the NFL that are under 6'4". People salivate over them before the draft, but seem to rarely assess the real world value of the position as a whole. These kinds of guys can be acquired through free agency and off of scrap heaps all of the time. There is no reason to draft DTs in the 1st or 2nd round unless they have that obvious versatility and athleticism that guys like Watt, Cox, and Muhammad have. But that places them in conversation for being 34 DE types. If you are largely just a 43 DT type, the upside of drafting the guy in the 1st or 2nd round isn't high enough. Geno Atkins is the stand out sack leader at that position and he was a 4th round pick. People often love Star because they think that he is Ngata's twin. Rolling Eyes They obviously never compare their NFL combine measurements. Star is just another 43 DT. There are plenty of them to go around...
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
EJ Manuel began the college season with some 1st round talk. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end it there on draft day. The Vikings have two late 1st rounders and no true franchise QB. That front office might not want a transition period between Ponder failing and then drafting another QB at the top of the draft in another year. The front office and head coach might not survive that with their jobs.
The Vikings just signed Matt Cassell to back up Christian Ponder. I doubt they draft a QB with one of those two 1st round picks.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
EJ Manuel began the college season with some 1st round talk. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end it there on draft day. The Vikings have two late 1st rounders and no true franchise QB. That front office might not want a transition period between Ponder failing and then drafting another QB at the top of the draft in another year. The front office and head coach might not survive that with their jobs.
The Vikings just signed Matt Cassell to back up Christian Ponder. I doubt they draft a QB with one of those two 1st round picks.

Frazier's statements solidified to me that adding to the QB position was at the forefront of what they were doing. It was like when the owner gives the head coach of a sports franchise "the vote of confidence" which usually means to expect for the coach to be fired very soon. Also, Matt Cassell is trash and isn't good enough to influence a front office that has little money invested in him to not draft a QB late in the 1st round. Matt Cassel has zero potential. If he couldn't make it work with Bowe, Gonzales, and Charles he certainly will not get it done with Peterson and whatever they are rolling out there at the receiver position. Cassell is a nice backup, but he's no backup plan... There are jobs on the line.
willy_law

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we go WR with one of our first 3 picks. We seem to be hitting a lot of these holes with free agents.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please get a corner early.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Frazier's statements solidified to me that adding to the QB position was at the forefront of what they were doing. It was like when the owner gives the head coach of a sports franchise "the vote of confidence" which usually means to expect for the coach to be fired very soon. Also, Matt Cassell is trash and isn't good enough to influence a front office that has little money invested in him to not draft a QB late in the 1st round. Matt Cassel has zero potential. If he couldn't make it work with Bowe, Gonzales, and Charles he certainly will not get it done with Peterson and whatever they are rolling out there at the receiver position. Cassell is a nice backup, but he's no backup plan... There are jobs on the line.

Yeah they didn't reup Frazier despite the improvement from their D and the playoff appearence.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
I think we go WR with one of our first 3 picks. We seem to be hitting a lot of these holes with free agents.

I wouldn't mind a project like Rodney Smith FSU 6-5 225, he has the size, speed and ball skills he just needs to work on getting stronger and being cleaner as a route runner.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
willy_law wrote:

I wouldn't mind a project like Rodney Smith FSU 6-5 225, he has the size, speed and ball skills he just needs to work on getting stronger and being cleaner as a route runner.

He's a below average football player in an impressive body for the position that he plays. He played with an NFL QB and still couldn't get it done. He just seems to me to be one of those guys that just looks the part. I don't even see him as the guy with "great potential."
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really starting to wonder who you guys target 4th overall... Eric Fisher makes a lot of sense being that he can play RT this year (Vick's blindside) with Peters returning on the left. Move Todd Herremans back to G and your pretty much set.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Really starting to wonder who you guys target 4th overall... Eric Fisher makes a lot of sense being that he can play RT this year (Vick's blindside) with Peters returning on the left. Move Todd Herremans back to G and your pretty much set.
I honestly would not hate this one bit. Lane Jonson is another name we like, but #4 could be just a bit high for him.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
I honestly would not hate this one bit. Lane Jonson is another name we like, but #4 could be just a bit high for him.

Anyone could be a target considering we haven't given anyone longer than 3 years thus far.
RBrown86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should try and trade down to the 10-15 range. We could grab an extra 2nd or 3rd. Obviously this year has a lot of quality mid round guys so that'd be nice (considering if we stayed at #4 we'd make a reach).

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: