Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane
Quote:
Matt Scott seemed pleased with his pro day workout. Flies to Philly on Mon and will work out for Eagles later this month.

Kempes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane
Quote:
Matt Scott seemed pleased with his pro day workout. Flies to Philly on Mon and will work out for Eagles later this month.

Someone tweeted no Eagles representatives had bothered to go watch Scott at his pro day.... seems odd.

Last edited by Kempes on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://eaglesblog.net/2013/03/eagles-interested-in-qb-matt-scott/
Quote:
Arizona QB Matt Scott had his Pro Day today out in Tucson. The Eagles were not in attendance. Don’t let that fool you.
Quote:
Per Daniel Berk of the Arizona Daily Star: “Scott said he is hearing mostly from Eagles, Chargers, Cardinals, Bills and a few others.”
Quote:
This makes total sense. Scott is an athletic QB and would be much like the QBs that Kelly had in Oregon. He’s also good value. Scott won’t go early

nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His pro day was probabaly an orchestrated mosh posh of NFL throws his workout with us will be Kelly's offense...

I liked Matt before then fell out of favor due to his smaller frame, if he can play around 225 it will help. Not sure if he'll be a Kelly pick though.

I will say if a QB is picked Foles has to be gone, trade to AZ for #6? Laughing

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
I will say if a QB is picked Foles has to be gone
Yes, although I'm guessing we'd have traded Foles prior to drafting a QB, or we'd have no leverage at all.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
I will say if a QB is picked Foles has to be gone
Yes, although I'm guessing we'd have traded Foles prior to drafting a QB, or we'd have no leverage at all.

We could keep Foles, Dixon & Draft pick. Heck anyone could be kept and annyone could be cut.

Vick can still be cut, how much more would he cost in cap hit compared to pre restructure?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
We could keep Foles, Dixon & Draft pick. Heck anyone could be kept and annyone could be cut.

Vick can still be cut, how much more would he cost in cap hit compared to pre restructure?
I doubt we cut Vick, unfortunately, as we gave him about $1.1m bonus for 2013 on top $3.5M base salary. 2013 will see Vick, Dixon and Foles/draft pick as the QB IMO.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Foles is safe if we pick a QB 3rd round or later. If we go QB 1st or 2nd round then it's game over.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I think Foles is safe if we pick a QB 3rd round or later. If we go QB 1st or 2nd round then it's game over.

This.

Would probably prefer if we avoided QB all together and focused on Defense/OL

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

I disagree, if we select a QB in the first 4 rounds its questionable at best for Foles. Vick is all but a lock to make the team (unfortunatley), Dixon fits the offense and has a history with Kelly in this offense, and a high to mid round QB would likely make the roster, meaning Foles would be gone. Its possible we trade him for a mid rounder and a higher 2014 pick allowing us to move up in 2014, being it is a better class for read-option type quarterbacks with Bridgewater, Boyd, Mariota, Manziel, Logan Thomas, among others who could be early round types.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Dixon isn't exactly a sure thing to make this roster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I disagree, if we select a QB in the first 4 rounds its questionable at best for Foles. Vick is all but a lock to make the team (unfortunatley), Dixon fits the offense and has a history with Kelly in this offense, and a high to mid round QB would likely make the roster, meaning Foles would be gone. Its possible we trade him for a mid rounder and a higher 2014 pick allowing us to move up in 2014, being it is a better class for read-option type quarterbacks with Bridgewater, Boyd, Mariota, Manziel, Logan Thomas, among others who could be early round types.

I don't think Dixon is guaranteed anything. He'll get a shot in camp but the guy has thrown roughly 40 passes in his career and has a 71 QB rating to show for it. His playing time is nonexistent for a reason. You can point to playing behind Ben as an excuse but Kolb, Schaub, and Cassel all made it work enough for them in limited starts to land a legit job.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
True, we could take a guy like Matt Scott in the 4th or 5th (or EJ in the 3rd) and they could easily beat out Dixon for a roster spot. But keeping the athletic QB style for Chip's offense seems to make Foles come off as a bad fit moving forward.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:

At this point Foles isn't either. He knows the offense though, so he's got a leg up on everyone.
jaymiz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:

At this point Foles isn't either. He knows the offense though, so he's got a leg up on everyone.

Or Dixon is brought in by an old familiar coach to help him teach his QBs and transition his offense to a pro level and in return gets him some solid tape in preseason games in hopes of another team picking him up.

It's too early to make a call on Foles until Chip physically sees him play. All offseason Chip has repeated about adjusting the offense to the players not the other way around. Don't count Foles out yet.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 82 of 99

Jump to: