You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love Tavarres King in the mid rounds to be our slot wr

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
I have been doing some more research on the prospects that we might take with the #4 pick, and I think that taking Chance Warmack could be a really good choice.

Warmack IMO is the best offensive lineman prospect in this draft. He has outstanding footwork, terrific hands, and he is already very polished at both pass and run blocking.

Clearly the value of an OG doesn't warrant the #4 pick, but with Chip Kelly supposedly bringing a run heavy offense to town, don't we need a dominate offensive lineman that can clear holes for Shady and Brown? The best running attacks start up front, and having Mathis-Kelce-Warmack as the interior of our line would give us one of the better interior O-Lines in the NFL. We would push D-Lines around and beat teams up in the trenches, and that is a recipe for success.

Warmack is also a top flight pass blocker, and not many DT's are going to struggle making a difference in the pass rush against him.

Personally, I still want us to take Dion Jordan with our first pick, but I think that if we did take Chance Warmack that it would end up being an excellent pick for us. I believe he is the only can't miss prospect in the entire draft this year.

Tommy Lawlor posted a good article today about "taking a chance" (pun intended) at #4 overall:

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance/
Quote:
There is a good chance Warmack will be one of the top 4 players on a lot of draft boards. He will be the top rated player by a few teams (if not more). Maybe the NFL is right to pass on Guards until after the 10th pick. Maybe that’s outdated thinking that has led to some bad picks. You would need to do a lot of research to statistically back-up your argument.
Quote:
Pressure up the middle is crucial. It bothers Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers…all of them. There is no pocket to move up in. The pocket collapses.

How do you stop this? By getting the best possible Guards that you can. Find guys that can anchor when facing a bull rush. Find guys that have good feet so they can slow down the quick, athletic types. Find guys that use their hands well and can ride a rusher wide of the QB if beaten off the ball.

Chance Warmack can do all of that. And he does it well.

Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King will be a stud as well as Warmack.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
I have been doing some more research on the prospects that we might take with the #4 pick, and I think that taking Chance Warmack could be a really good choice.

Warmack IMO is the best offensive lineman prospect in this draft. He has outstanding footwork, terrific hands, and he is already very polished at both pass and run blocking.

Clearly the value of an OG doesn't warrant the #4 pick, but with Chip Kelly supposedly bringing a run heavy offense to town, don't we need a dominate offensive lineman that can clear holes for Shady and Brown? The best running attacks start up front, and having Mathis-Kelce-Warmack as the interior of our line would give us one of the better interior O-Lines in the NFL. We would push D-Lines around and beat teams up in the trenches, and that is a recipe for success.

Warmack is also a top flight pass blocker, and not many DT's are going to struggle making a difference in the pass rush against him.

Personally, I still want us to take Dion Jordan with our first pick, but I think that if we did take Chance Warmack that it would end up being an excellent pick for us. I believe he is the only can't miss prospect in the entire draft this year.

Tommy Lawlor posted a good article today about "taking a chance" (pun intended) at #4 overall:

Quote:
There is a good chance Warmack will be one of the top 4 players on a lot of draft boards. He will be the top rated player by a few teams (if not more). Maybe the NFL is right to pass on Guards until after the 10th pick. Maybe that’s outdated thinking that has led to some bad picks. You would need to do a lot of research to statistically back-up your argument.
Quote:
Pressure up the middle is crucial. It bothers Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers…all of them. There is no pocket to move up in. The pocket collapses.

How do you stop this? By getting the best possible Guards that you can. Find guys that can anchor when facing a bull rush. Find guys that have good feet so they can slow down the quick, athletic types. Find guys that use their hands well and can ride a rusher wide of the QB if beaten off the ball.

Tommy is the man.... he was saying on scouts notebook that he's got Dion Jordan ranked as his #1 overall prospect.

I'd be okay with Warmack at 4 if he's the BPA.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

Better this than a skill position or a lesser talent at a "more important" position.

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally responded to someone in the last thread about Warmack saying "So you're saying there's a chance?"

What a thief.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I totally responded to someone in the last thread about Warmack saying "So you're saying there's a chance?"

What a thief.
Laughing

I swear some professional writers/bloggers/journalists browse our mighty forum. We need to start copywriting our posts.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

I could get on board with that.
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick question for you guys.....How far could the Eagles trade back and still get Warmack you think???

Personally, I dont think he will last past the 7th or 8th pick IMO...

If the Eagles did trade back to the 8th pick, what could they get in return?

Warmack would solidify the line easily, then the Eagles could still pick up Jesse Williams and a solid safety in the second or third (McDonald) or a good corner..
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warford at 35 overall>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marmack at 4 overall.

Fly Eagles Fly
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:

boy you muss be up out cho mind!!!! Rolling Eyes
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyEagles wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

What exactly does Warmack do noticeably better than Warford?

Fly Eagles Fly
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
JohnyEagles wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

Play football.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
JohnyEagles wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

Ummmm, everything?
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
JohnyEagles wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

Play football.

Wrong. Play football WELL and dominate a Dline!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 3 of 99

Jump to: