You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Our WR coach was at TCU pro day, so Josh Boyce might be an option at some point in the draft, even tho he was unable to workout due to a foot injury. Not sure where he's projected to go.

Bicknell has also coached the following: DL, OL and TE. He could be scouting for one of the coaches who couldn't have made it there. Perhaps Blaze Foltz the guard from TCU?

Don't ever contradict me again.
Now, when I ask you which safety you want the most in this draft, you say Duke Williams.
Trolland, which safety do you want most in this draft? Think

The safety I want the most is matt Elam. But I could settle for duke.

good year to draft a safety
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
Anyone like Vance McDonald as an Hback?

Isn't he a tad tall? Also I would want my H-Back to be a really good athlete, but undersized TE. Clay Harbor's build is perfect.

He's a whole 2 CMs taller than Clay Harbor Laughing

Wut. I think you mean two inches. Laughing

No, Harbor is only an inch shorter. It's been awhile but I believe that converts to 2 cms and some change.

AlexM is from Austrailia

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Our WR coach was at TCU pro day, so Josh Boyce might be an option at some point in the draft, even tho he was unable to workout due to a foot injury. Not sure where he's projected to go.

Bicknell has also coached the following: DL, OL and TE. He could be scouting for one of the coaches who couldn't have made it there. Perhaps Blaze Foltz the guard from TCU?

Don't ever contradict me again.
Now, when I ask you which safety you want the most in this draft, you say Duke Williams.
Trolland, which safety do you want most in this draft? Think

The safety I want the most is matt Elam. But I could settle for duke.

good year to draft a safety

We'll still pick out the turd in the punch bowl
Kempes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more confident in our selections this year under Chip. I'd bet my right arm that he knows pretty much all the PAC-12 players coming into the draft inside out. It's well known that he's a junkie of this sport.

Guys like Poyer (Oregon St), Trufant (Washington), TJ McDonald (USC), Star Lotulelei (Utah) and obviously Dion Jordan will all likely come into our draft discussions. There's quite a lot of PAC-12 players I could see us drafting which gives us an advantage due to Chip's experience with them over the years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
I'm more confident in our selections this year under Chip. I'd bet my right arm that he knows pretty much all the PAC-12 players coming into the draft inside out. It's well known that he's a junkie of this sport.

Guys like Poyer (Oregon St), Trufant (Washington), TJ McDonald (USC), Star Lotulelei (Utah) and obviously Dion Jordan will all likely come into our draft discussions. There's quite a lot of PAC-12 players I could see us drafting which gives us an advantage due to Chip's experience with them over the years.

Your confident in a coach with zero NFL experience drafting players? Your the minority then. This is Howie's draft and Lurie all but said so during his presser.
I'm sure Kelly opinions will be heard but Howie will have the final say. It was Howie's draft last season.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Kempes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

Your confident in a coach with zero NFL experience drafting players? Your the minority then. This is Howie's draft and Lurie all but said so during his presser.
I'm sure Kelly opinions will be heard but Howie will have the final say. It was Howie's draft last season.

Well we've had an NFL coach with bags of experience and drafted complete duds year after year.... so I'll take my chances.

Exactly. Chip will be able to have proper discussions and give almost insider insight to Howie. It doesn't matter if this is "Howie's draft". Chip is the HC, his opinions regarding college players aren't going to be ignored.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

Well we've had an NFL coach with bags of experience and drafted complete duds year after year.... so I'll take my chances.

Exactly. Chip will be able to have proper discussions and give almost insider insight to Howie. It doesn't matter if this is "Howie's draft". Chip is the HC, his opinions regarding college players aren't going to be ignored.

So when Howie wants player A, and Chip wants player B, who wins out? One person in the room makes the pick.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig

Birdman, slowest to 10K
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we first hired Chip, I was confident about his evaluation of players. He always recruited the right guys at Oregon, and he seemed to know what players to take a risk on and what players to let walk (Keeping Cliff Harris around after multiple arrests, dumping Masolli after the same). However, my opinion on Chip's talent evaluation fell about as low as it possibly could when he decided to keep Vick around. If this guy actually thinks he can make Mike Vick a good player in this league, then he really has no idea how to evaluate players. I am realistically pessimistic about the direction of this team right now, and if you are being a blind optimist, you are being foolish.

All that being said, if we draft well and have a good free agency, my opinion could start to sway back toward realistically optimistic.
Kempes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Kempes wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

So when Howie wants player A, and Chip wants player B, who wins out? One person in the room makes the pick.

Well that's fine. All I'm saying is Chip is well equipped to evaluate our potential targets in the PAC-12. It's not going to do any harm in the fact that Chip knows these guys.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Georgia LB Jarvis Jones has gotten maybe the best news of his career. According to Dam Pompei, leading orthopedist Craig Brigham has examined Jones and concluded that he never had the spinal stenosis he was diagnosed with in college.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/3/10/4086150/jarvis-jones-never-had-spinal-stenosis-according-to-doctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Quote:
Georgia LB Jarvis Jones has gotten maybe the best news of his career. According to Dam Pompei, leading orthopedist Craig Brigham has examined Jones and concluded that he never had the spinal stenosis he was diagnosed with in college.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/3/10/4086150/jarvis-jones-never-had-spinal-stenosis-according-to-doctor

That has to put him back in play at #4
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Jarvis Jones just became an elite prospect again. Arguably the draft's best I think. No medical question mark if that report is entirely true.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Quote:

I don't know what to believe anymore

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, i still wouldn't want Jones at four. Only if we get him in the second and get a tackle in the first would I be happy with him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Yeah Jarvis Jones just became an elite prospect again. Arguably the draft's best I think. No medical question mark if that report is entirely true.

He lacks an elite first step still, this diagnosis doesn't change the fact he was always going to be average in the nfl.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 84 of 99

Jump to: