Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's lazy PRE COMBINE MOCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: DEE RAWL's lazy PRE COMBINE MOCK Reply with quote

Key Re-signings:

Steven Jackson
Barry Richardson
William Hayes

Key FA Signings:

Louis Delmas

2013 NFL MOCK DRAFT:

1(16). Jarvis Jones/LB/UGA

I am only going off of pre-draft rumors that Warmack will be gone and Jones will fall. If this happens, I would hope that Jones would be the pick.

1(22). Keenan Allen/WR/CAL

Again, great value here as I believe he is the best WR in the draft, but will fall due to other players leap frogging based on the combine.

2. Tyler Eifert/TE/ND

Ertz will likely go before Eifert which is fine with me, Eifert is a dangerous receiving threat. Not the greatest blocker by any means, but is still tremendous value here. Weapons galore for Sam.

3. Kyle Long/OL/Oregon

Can play LG or RT, very raw, but an excellent mid round Fisher type OL pick. Joins his brother.

4. Tyrann Matheiu/DB/LSU

Who will be the first to take the honey badger? If he makes it past the 3rd, I hope its us. Playmaker who can play any DB spot on the field.

5. Brandon Williams/DT/Missouri Southern

Will provide excellent rotational interior pass rush. Not sure if he makes it to the 5th, but I'm going off of what I have read.

As it says in the title, this is kind of a lazy mock, but rounds 6/7 I would like to see a FB and perhaps OL depth.

[/b]

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it, literally on the same page. If those first 4 picks happen I will be a very very happy person. Who do you think could leap frog Allen at WR?
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad although I would really like if Chance did fall but the only thing that worries me, as I've stated a few other times on here, is that if Jarvis Jones falls it's due to the spinal stenosis and if that many teams pass on one of the best talents in the draft it could definitely mean something. I wouldn't be mad at picking him by any means I would just be very very worried if he would get hurt more. Keenan Allen isn't my favorite reciever this year but IMO he has the highest floor but not the highest ceiling (I think we all know Cordarelle Patterson has that spot IMO) but like I said he would be an addition to this team we haven't had for a long time. Tyler Eifert is a great talent that could help us, I would prefer a Michael Williams from Bama later in the draft though as we already have that pass catching TE in Lance Kendricks. Kyle Long can add depth and possibly step in as a starter possibly. I've said it a while that Tyrann Matheiu is over hyped and I wouldn't want to use anything higher than a 6th on him (I know he will be gone by then but that's just my comfortability with him) I don't see the playmaking ability at the next level because of his size and honestly his love for weed. Basically everyone in the league smokes bud but he chose it over the game of football and that throws him out the window for me personally. Brandon Williams in the 5th won't happen. No possible way. He is a late second early third round pick at the lowest. He will be gone on the second day.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt Williams falls that far and I think we'd have to pounce on Kyle in the second. As for Eifert, I just don't see his role in this offense.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I highly doubt Williams falls that far and I think we'd have to pounce on Kyle in the second. As for Eifert, I just don't see his role in this offense.

I genuinely find/found myself wondering the same thing, i just think if he falls to our 2nd rounder (I think he will) it would be difficult to pass him up.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Ryback

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Short and Sweet.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I genuinely find/found myself wondering the same thing, i just think if he falls to our 2nd rounder (I think he will) it would be difficult to pass him up.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about Kyle Long...not Eifert in the 2nd. Don't think he makes it to the 3rd.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Just to clarify, I'm talking about Kyle Long...not Eifert in the 2nd. Don't think he makes it to the 3rd.

I know, i was referring to the question in Eifert's role. I think Long will make it to the 3rd... How far im not sure.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with us signing Delmas and keeping Mikell, I still think the Rams address the safety spot in the draft somewhere. There is too much quality at the postion to pass over all together. Plus, Mikell isn't gonna be around past this season (if that) and I don't think the coaches see Stewart as a replacement. Add in Delmas' injury history and I just think it makes too much sense...

Would love if the 1st round played out like that, although Allen's lingering knee issue concerns me. As long as he checks out with Dr. Andrews though and runs anything under a 4.6 I'd still take him at #22...

Not crazy at all about Eiffert. Like others have said, just don't see where he fits in. He's an oversized, less athletic WR in my book. I'd rather just take a WR. Since we already grabbed Allen, I'd go in a different direction...

Rest of the draft looks good, although I don't see Willaims making it to the 5th round...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: