Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Round up - 2/19 Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RatherBeHuntin'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
If the Dallas Cowboys draft Sheldon Richardson, I will be pretty furious. i would love for him to prove me wrong, but I just don't see him having the strength to push the pocket in the NFL.

In our new scheme isn't quickness and first step more important than strength to push? And if so, how does Richardson fit that bill?

I'm not asking to rebut what you've stated but to learn personally, as I'm not the most informed on our new scheme. I realize that strength is still important but thought that quickness was a premium. I also am not well versed on Richardson, which is much of why I ask as well. I do know that Broadous is very open to picking him at 18 though. Just curious as to your assessment.
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
JWingate wrote:
If the Dallas Cowboys draft Sheldon Richardson, I will be pretty furious. i would love for him to prove me wrong, but I just don't see him having the strength to push the pocket in the NFL.

In our new scheme isn't quickness and first step more important than strength to push? And if so, how does Richardson fit that bill?

I'm not asking to rebut what you've stated but to learn personally, as I'm not the most informed on our new scheme. I realize that strength is still important but thought that quickness was a premium. I also am not well versed on Richardson, which is much of why I ask as well. I do know that Broadous is very open to picking him at 18 though. Just curious as to your assessment.

When I watched film on Richardson I struggled to see him get the tiniest bit of pressure. I watched the Tennessee game and he was getting pushed back with no problem what so every, he could not hold up at the POA. You can have the athletic ability, which he has but if you do not have the strength to push the defender back then you are going to be at a massive disadvantage. I will say though, I went into the Alabama game expecting to be completely disgusted with him on the game film and he was the best I seen against Alabama, which has me wondering if he plays high against tougher competition. I have been tweeting Ed Cahill and Bryan Broaddus about Sheldon Richardson, they seem to want to every answer but one about Richardson. I might try to call him them tomorrow about the question..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
JWingate wrote:

When I watched film on Richardson I struggled to see him get the tiniest bit of pressure. I watched the Tennessee game and he was getting pushed back with no problem what so every, he could not hold up at the POA. You can have the athletic ability, which he has but if you do not have the strength to push the defender back then you are going to be at a massive disadvantage. I will say though, I went into the Alabama game expecting to be completely disgusted with him on the game film and he was the best I seen against Alabama, which has me wondering if he plays high against tougher competition. I have been tweeting Ed Cahill and Bryan Broaddus about Sheldon Richardson, they seem to want to every answer but one about Richardson. I might try to call him them tomorrow about the question..

Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible that the differences between game tape that you are describing might be attributed to the questions about his motor? I agree that if he is getting consistently pushed back it is a major problem. I would love to hear the question posed to Broadous. I listen weekly but won't be able to catch this weeks until at least Monday. Hope to hear the question from JWingate. Haha

What is your opinion on Kawan Short? Is he someone that can realistically be had at our 2nd or will he fall somewhere in between our two picks? I've been really impressed of the couple games of his that I've seen, combined with his senior bowl appearance.
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
JWingate wrote:
RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible that the differences between game tape that you are describing might be attributed to the questions about his motor? I agree that if he is getting consistently pushed back it is a major problem. I would love to hear the question posed to Broadous. I listen weekly but won't be able to catch this weeks until at least Monday. Hope to hear the question from JWingate. Haha

What is your opinion on Kawan Short? Is he someone that can realistically be had at our 2nd or will he fall somewhere in between our two picks? I've been really impressed of the couple games of his that I've seen, combined with his senior bowl appearance.

I do not believe it is his motor because again he is showing a lot of athleticism on the field, and is all over the field once the player gets passed the LOS. He is essentially what you look for in a 3-tech outside of the fact he gets pushed back at the POA a lot. If he was to be able to dominate like he should at the POA, he would be considered the best prospect in the draft with out a doubt.

As far a Kawan Short, I like him as well. I do not think he has the elite speed we would be looking for at the 3-tech. He might be better suited for the 1, but I believe he could be a very good option in the 2nd for us. It is hard to tell where he will go, I am excited to see how he does at the combine. I would imagine he would be available at our pick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
JWingate wrote:
RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
JWingate wrote:

I do not believe it is his motor because again he is showing a lot of athleticism on the field, and is all over the field once the player gets passed the LOS. He is essentially what you look for in a 3-tech outside of the fact he gets pushed back at the POA a lot. If he was to be able to dominate like he should at the POA, he would be considered the best prospect in the draft with out a doubt.

As far a Kawan Short, I like him as well. I do not think he has the elite speed we would be looking for at the 3-tech. He might be better suited for the 1, but I believe he could be a very good option in the 2nd for us. It is hard to tell where he will go, I am excited to see how he does at the combine. I would imagine he would be available at our pick.

Thanks for the opinion. In years past I've had more opportunity to delve into the prospects but this year I'm much more un-informed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: