Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs release WR Steve Breaston, TE Kevin Boss
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39454
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Chiefs release WR Steve Breaston, TE Kevin Boss Reply with quote

Quote:
Chiefs release Steve Breaston, Kevin Boss.


http://twitter.com/KCChiefs_Reid/statuses/303994968459063296

Two surprising moves, Boss seemed to be productive for the Chiefs before suffering a season ending injury on week 2 but has suffered too many concussions in his career and Breaston was figured to be a big part of the Chiefs offense since Andy Reid used to use slot man [Jason Avant] a lot with the Eagles.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38123
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaston should latch on somewhere pretty quickly, he had some good moments in AZ that should land him a job. Heck, he'd be an improvement over Kevin Walter.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46768
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Breaston this year? It seems like he just fell off a cliff.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21114
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
What happened to Breaston this year? It seems like he just fell off a cliff.


Matt Cassel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39454
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
green24 wrote:
What happened to Breaston this year? It seems like he just fell off a cliff.


Matt Cassel.


It's not [just] that, he was a healthy inactive a number of times this season, only 7 catches all year.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47521
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id jump all over Breaston for the Vikings. He'd be a good #2 here. If only we had a #1.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 521
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Kevin Boss is smart enough to retire. Good guy, good player, but those concussions.

Hope he's learned from the examples of Dave Duerson and Junior Seau. Keep your faculties, Kevin, time to let go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3956
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Breaston > Eric Decker

Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8181
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though we have virtually no need for a WR, the chargers have Whiz, AZ's old WR and QB coach on their staff now, so thats a possibility.
_________________

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 11114
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predicted this would happen, he just cost too much money.

He was given a bum rap by Crennel and Daboll for whatever reason. Said he didn't know the playbook well enough, and by not knowing the playbook I guess that meant not being a good decoy/blocker.

He can be a solid #2/3 if given the right situation I think. Don't expect him to be the same speed threat he was in AZ though, his knees are shot.
_________________
Andy Reid on Tommy Bahama Shirts wrote:
You wear them and you can hide cheeseburgers underneath and no one will ever know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Steve Breaston > Eric Decker

Laughing


Not sure who said that but one had Peyton Manning throwing him the ball and the other was inactive a lot of games because he was pissed off that he was being used as a blocker or decoy every play to get Bowe an open look since Cassel can't make more than one read.
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shawn


Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 5942
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main reason Breaston went to KC was because he loved Todd Haley. So maybe Haley will bring him to Pittsburgh with him as well.
_________________

sig made by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3956
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
Steve Breaston > Eric Decker

Laughing


Not sure who said that but one had Peyton Manning throwing him the ball and the other was inactive a lot of games because he was pissed off that he was being used as a blocker or decoy every play to get Bowe an open look since Cassel can't make more than one read.


Blah, blah, blah... I've heard it all from your fan base before. I really don't care what you guys have to say. Eric Decker had 4 more TD's this season alone (13) than Steve Breaston has had in HIS ENTIRE CAREER (9) ... The "one guy had Peyton Manning and the other had Matt Cassel" argument is so played out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6552
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
Steve Breaston > Eric Decker

Laughing


Not sure who said that but one had Peyton Manning throwing him the ball and the other was inactive a lot of games because he was pissed off that he was being used as a blocker or decoy every play to get Bowe an open look since Cassel can't make more than one read.


Blah, blah, blah... I've heard it all from your fan base before. I really don't care what you guys have to say. Eric Decker had 4 more TD's this season alone (13) than Steve Breaston has had in HIS ENTIRE CAREER (9) ... The "one guy had Peyton Manning and the other had Matt Cassel" argument is so played out.


Why the hell do you come in here and flame this topic with your garbage comment then? You say something completely irrelevant to the topic and irregardless of whether you will admit it or not you only posted what you did to take a dig. And then you act insulted by what someone else says in response to you. Granted, I would have hoped simonwayne would have ignored what you said and treated it for what it was - an attempt to flame.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.


Last edited by nicfre2011 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21544
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
Steve Breaston > Eric Decker

Laughing


Not sure who said that but one had Peyton Manning throwing him the ball and the other was inactive a lot of games because he was pissed off that he was being used as a blocker or decoy every play to get Bowe an open look since Cassel can't make more than one read.


That's nice. In other news Eric Decker is still better and the Chiefs lost another uber-talented piece of the roster.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group