Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome back mock offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I like it alot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit. The Deegle comes back and the first thing he says is, "I'm on my pad...". Goddammit.

Anyway, like the offseason. Scary to replace so much of the secondary in one offseason but I guess it's a must. They are awful together. Good start to a new era. Good digging as well for those FA.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Dammit. The Deegle comes back and the first thing he says is, "I'm on my pad...". Goddammit.

Anyway, like the offseason. Scary to replace so much of the secondary in one offseason but I guess it's a must. They are awful together. Good start to a new era. Good digging as well for those FA.

Yea it might be rough, but we have to take our lumps with some inexperience and all new players back there .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

Yea it might be rough, but we have to take our lumps with some inexperience and all new players back there .

I'm all in. I couldnt care less what they do this year. I'm pretty excited. We really havent seen an overhaul in 15 years. Some of us have never seen one. Should be fun to experience, especially with the new guys.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan's explosiveness is in his quick 1st step, acceleration, power and suddeness. Add his discipline and smarts to the mix, and his ability to drop into coverage (they moved Jordan around all over the place at oregon...lining him up against TEs, WRs and RBs. Jordan didn't just hold his own in coverage, he excelled)....and you've got a very special prospect. and to think, he will only get bigger and stronger... scary.

right now I've got him going to the jets at 9. after the combine, he could easily climb up to the top 5.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Jordan's explosiveness is in his quick 1st step, acceleration, power and suddeness. Add his discipline and smarts to the mix, and his ability to drop into coverage (they moved Jordan around all over the place at oregon...lining him up against TEs, WRs and RBs. Jordan didn't just hold his own in coverage, he excelled)....and you've got a very special prospect. and to think, he will only get bigger and stronger... scary.

right now I've got him going to the jets at 9. after the combine, he could easily climb up to the top 5.

I agree

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
He cannot cover NFL TE's.

Uh.. what? Where did you hear this from? Yes, yes he can cover TE's in the NFL, and he'll be the one of the best at it. I hope the Saints pick him up at 15 and that he slides.

EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
He cannot cover NFL TE's.

Uh.. what? Where did you hear this from? Yes, yes he can cover TE's in the NFL, and he'll be the one of the best at it. I hope the Saints pick him up at 15 and that he slides.

bingo...

he's a guy who can come in and be an every down difference maker with both his pass rush and coverage skills.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:

I agree

Mayock has a piece on PE.Com discussing pick #4 and suggest Jordan will be a two year project, short term situational pass rusher in 2013 with the ability to be Aldon Smith in season two. I'd gladly take that in 2014 if indeed Jordan put on the 20lbs Mayock suggested.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:

I agree

Mayock has a piece on PE.Com discussing pick #4 and suggest Jordan will be a two year project, short term situational pass rusher in 2013 with the ability to be Aldon Smith in season two. I'd gladly take that in 2014 if indeed Jordan put on the 20lbs Mayock suggested.

on nfl am this morning, they were interviewing the dude that's training Jordan... he was saying that Jordan's gained 10-15 pounds. we will se this weekend how legit that is.

when watching Jordan I see Aldon Smith mixed with Julian Peterson. Guys who can essentially do it all.

truth be told.... i didn't think my mock would get any props, since most mock sites have Jordan between 10 and 15.

I've watched a lot of tape on Moore, Jones and Jordan.... in anticipation that Luke, Geno and Star will all be gone.... and Jordan stood out to me the most.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot, but I love Jordan.

As far as value, this is tricky, there are so many guys who can go top 5 or last until the mid first. I remember Smith coming out had a down year and rarely dropped into coverage yet found his way into the 7th pick.

Jordan actually had a better season than Smith did coming out, and their college numbers are pretty similar since Jordan switched to defense. As a pass rusher the last thing to develop is pass rush moves, but you can't teach explosiveness and length. He's also pretty damn good in coverage and gives you options on defense to play around with.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need extra picks, we have a lot of holes. Using foles to move up is dumb.

Well trading him at all is dumb.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us drafting Rhodes after that type of FA which I believe to be unrealistic with both the Toler and Lewis signings. I don't think there's anyway the Steelers let their emerging NT and Lewis go, def. not Lewis.

I do love the Dion Jordan selection though. Really hoping we draft him. His potential is out of this world.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
I don't see us drafting Rhodes after that type of FA which I believe to be unrealistic with both the Toler and Lewis signings. I don't think there's anyway the Steelers let their emerging NT and Lewis go, def. not Lewis.

I do love the Dion Jordan selection though. Really hoping we draft him. His potential is out of this world.

letting Nnamdi go and DRC walk leaves us empty at CB.

Pittsburgh is sitting at negative 10 mil....

ALL their backup QBs are free agents...
ALL their RBs are free agents...
they're already losing Mike Wallace with Manny Sanders as a RFA.
Larry Foote...free agent
max starks, doug legursky, ramon foster.... free agents.
their backup safties...free agents.

where are the steelers getting 2 mil to place a 2nd round tender on mclendon and about 7 for Lewis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: