Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome back mock offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Welcome back mock offseason Reply with quote

so, this mock wont be all fancy. I'm on my pad, so i'm not gonna take the effort to go posting pics, depth chart, salary figures, etc.

significant cuts:
Nnamdi

Not re-signed:
DRC

Re-sign:
Colt Anderson
Jon Dorenbos

FREE AGENCY:
Steve Mclendon, NT, Pitt: Pittsburgh fans do NOT want this guy to leave. He played great towards the end of the season and has the potential to be something special at NT in a 3-4. He is a RFA.... however, Pittsburgh is hurting for cap space and have ton of free agents this year. Many believe that Mclendon wont get a 2nd round or higher tender.... and since he was undrafted, that essentially makes him an UFA.

Keenen Lewis, CB, Pitt: Why not pilfer another member of the #1 rated 3-4 defense, #1 pass defense and #1 rated overall defense in the NFL? Lewis had his first full year as a starter and definitly took advantage of it. He is a good tackler and good at playing the ball in the air (a lot of PD's).

Greg Toler, CB Arizona: Arizona had the 5th best pass defense this past year.... They're another team that doesn't have a lot of cap space. Toler is a guy who can play the RCB or Nickle spot.

Patrick Chung, SS NE: Chung is a former Oregon guy who is a hard hitting, physical, in-the-box type safety. Starts at SS.

Delanie Walker, TE SF: Walker is an excellent blocker, special teamer and #2 option as a TE. Tom Gamble is familiar with Walker's skillset, which will be a great fit to a run-first, Chip Kelly run team.

TRADE:
Nick Foles and a 2013 4th round pick to Kansas City for their 2nd round selection: Andy doesn't feel like reaching for Geno at #1 overall... But knows that he'll be left with scraps if he goes for a qb in the 2nd. So, he goes with the guy he's familiar with. We get mid-2nd round value for Foles. Howie will make at least one trade this offseason. He is one of the most active GM's in the NFL.

Danny Watkins to Indy for a 2014 4th rounder.... Grigson is familiar/partially responsible for the guard who is offensive.

1 - DION JORDAN, OLB: Joeckel is gone with the first pick, Geno with the 2nd, Star with the 3rd. I like Jordan better than Moore and Jones. Jordan is going to blow the roof off Indy.... The kid is a freak. Right now he's sitting in the top 10, but come draft time, he'll be in the top 5.

2 - XAVIER RHODES, CB: I know, I know... We just grabbed Toler and Lewis in Free Agency. However, Rhodes is a beast... it's a passing league.... and he is our long-term solution at CB.

2 : LARRY WARFORD, OG: Warford is a mauler. Day 1 starter at RG.

3 - MENELIK WATSON, OT: Athletic RT who has LT potential. Quality depth to compete with Dennis Kelly as the 6th OL.

5 - TERRON ARMSTEAD, OG/OT: Armstead has a boatload of potential. Will be quality depth. I know, i know.... the previous 2 picks were spent on OL. However, after the disaster of last year, I want to ensure that we are stocked with quality OL.

6 - BRANDON KAUFMAN, WR: 6'4" WR who completely dominated his level of competition. 93 rec, 1850 yards, 16 TD's. Compete's as a red zone threat and for the 4th or 5th reciever spot. Not a lot of height with our current crop of recievers.

6 - JAVON HARRIS, S: competes with Nate Allen and Colt Anderson... Best one in camp starts.

7 - JODAN RODGERS, QB: Aaron's little brother.... brought in t compete with Trent Edwards as the 3rd QB.

7 - GRAHAM POCIC, OC: competes to back up Kelce.

7 - BRANDON MOORE, NT: started one year at Texas as a JUCO transfer, but played well and is a 6'5", 335 pound NT.
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legendary

#ChampionChip
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really like your first 3 picks bruh. and letting DRC walk.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes isn't my favorite corner in this draft, but he is talented. Toler is not a starting corner in the NFL IMO, but he is a good fit as a nickel corner. Love Dion Jordan. Overall pretty good work. Like the defensive picks a lot.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan of trading Foles but this is awesome.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Andy really wants Foles back, so I don't see us getting that extra 2nd rounder.

Dion Jordan is more athlete than football player. Hate him in top 10.
I don't see why you would draft a 3rd cb in the 2nd round when we still have so many other needs. Great pick if you don't sign 1 of the FA cb's.
Love Warford
Manelik will be gone by the 3rd
Armstead will go in the 4th at the latest
Other picks = meh

Chung shouldn't just be handed the job.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beside Delanie Walker I like it. Would prefer a Safety or something else instead of a CB in the second, but its not bad.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
I don't think Andy really wants Foles back, so I don't us getting that extra 2nd rounder.

I don't see why you would draft a 3rd cb in the 2nd round when we still have so many other needs.
Love Warford
Other picks = meh

does Andy really want Geno with the first overall pick? Or Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn? or a 2nd round choice between a bunch of scrubs?

Foles has a year in Andy's system and allows KC to go BPA at #1 overall instead of reaching on Geno.

Rhodes would be a starter.... as would Lewis. Boykin is my choice to open in Nickel, while Toler is dime and quality insurance. With the Nnamdi release and not re-signing DRC, we will need a glut of quality corners without breaking the bank or committing too many picks to the position. I think this offseason does that.

Early 3rd, i think Manelik is still there... he could go earlier i suppose. same deal with Armstead in the 5th... but if they do go earlier, it wont be too much earlier.

Jordan is a freak athlete. As far as explosiveness, fluid hips to operate in space, ability to rush the passer and cover TEs.... he's going to be a top 5 guy after the combine.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Beside Delanie Walker I like it. Would prefer a Safety or something else instead of a CB in the second, but its not bad.

i know you're not high on Walker (in favor of a younger TE)... I was thinking of a Travis Kelce in the 3rd or Vance Mcdonald in the 3rd-5th... but Walker is a good reciever, great blocker, great ST guy, great locker room guy and ties to Tom Gamble. meh... either way, I'd be happy
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
I don't think Andy really wants Foles back, so I don't us getting that extra 2nd rounder.

I don't see why you would draft a 3rd cb in the 2nd round when we still have so many other needs.
Love Warford
Other picks = meh

does Andy really want Geno with the first overall pick? Or Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn? or a 2nd round choice between a bunch of scrubs?

Foles has a year in Andy's system and allows KC to go BPA at #1 overall instead of reaching on Geno.

Rhodes would be a starter.... as would Lewis. Boykin is my choice to open in Nickel, while Toler is dime and quality insurance. With the Nnamdi release and not re-signing DRC, we will need a glut of quality corners without breaking the bank or committing too many picks to the position. I think this offseason does that.

Early 3rd, i think Manelik is still there... he could go earlier i suppose. same deal with Armstead in the 5th... but if they do go earlier, it wont be too much earlier.

Jordan is a freak athlete. As far as explosiveness, fluid hips to operate in space, ability to rush the passer and cover TEs.... he's going to be a top 5 guy after the combine.

Why does Andy have to get his QB this year? He can go BPA regardless of who his QB is or draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. Or he can sign Alex Smith after the 49ers cut him. Either way, he isn't going to be fired for not drafting a QB int he first round or not trading for Nick "I've proven nothing" Foles.

Someone is going to sign Toler to start. He's not coming to a 4 win team so he can be a 4th cb.

Manelik is going to destroy the combine and rise to late 1st or early 2nd.
Armstead is one of the few true LT prospects in the draft once Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson are gone.

Jordan is not a freak athlete. He runs a 4.77 40 yard dash. He cannot cover NFL TE's. He's a good athlete for his height.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I luv it hard bro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:

Jordan is not a freak athlete. He runs a 4.77 40 yard dash. He cannot cover NFL TE's. He's a good athlete for his height.

We will see what he runs at the Combine, but just watch him play and tell me he isn't going to be successful. The guy works harder then just about anyone on the field, and he can literally do everything. I would love to see Dion Jordan on the Eagles, regardless of where we pick him.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dion+jordan+oregon+highlights&mid=4279A6FD1A13BAE4065D4279A6FD1A13BAE4065D&view=detail&FORM=VIRE5
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

Love Warford
Other picks = meh

Why does Andy have to get his QB this year? He can go BPA regardless of who his QB is or draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. Or he can sign Alex Smith after the 49ers cut him.

Someone is going to sign Toler to start. He's not coming to a 4 win team so he can be a 4th cb.

Armstead is one of the few true LT prospects in the draft once Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson are gone.

herm edwards - 3 yrs, Todd Haley - 2-1/2 yrs, Romeo - 1-1/2 yrs. KC coaches without a good QB don't last very long. Andy knows the importance of the position. 2nd round or later QBs suck this year.... and why spend a dumptruck full of money on Alex Smith, when Foles Is 3 years away from his rookie deal expiring.

i still see Manelik going late 2nd to early 3rd. he's got a lot of athleticism, but is inexperienced.

Armstead and Watson have the tools to excel at LT... however, they both need development.

in saying this...both are the types that teams fall in love with and wind up over drafting.

you have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about with Jordan. He is the most explosive player in this draft, is fluid when dropping into coverage (he absolutely can dominate NFL TEs), he's smart, has a very good motor, plays with good leverage and has a toolset that really is 2nd to none in this draft. I've watched a LOT of tape on all the top 3-4 OLB possibilities...werner, moore, jones.... and Jordan blows those guys out of the water.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
I luv it hard bro

thanks mang
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

Love Warford
Other picks = meh

Why does Andy have to get his QB this year? He can go BPA regardless of who his QB is or draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. Or he can sign Alex Smith after the 49ers cut him.

herm edwards - 3 yrs, Todd Haley - 2-1/2 yrs, Romeo - 1-1/2 yrs. KC coaches without a good QB don't last very long. Andy knows the importance of the position. 2nd round or later QBs suck this year.... and why spend a dumptruck full of money on Alex Smith, when Foles Is 3 years away from his rookie deal expiring.

i still see Manelik going late 2nd to early 3rd. he's got a lot of athleticism, but is inexperienced.

Armstead and Watson have the tools to excel at LT... however, they both need development.

in saying this...both are the types that teams fall in love with and wind up over drafting.

you have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about with Jordan. He is the most explosive player in this draft, is fluid when dropping into coverage (he absolutely can dominate NFL TEs), he's smart, has a very good motor, plays with good leverage and has a toolset that really is 2nd to none in this draft. I've watched a LOT of tape on all the top 3-4 OLB possibilities...werner, moore, jones.... and Jordan blows those guys out of the water.

The 1st round or later QB's suck this year. What exactly is explosive about Jordan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: