Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Smith released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legend_Kenny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Jason Smith released Reply with quote

He was the second pick of the 2009 draft we might could sign him as a right tackle he seems to fit as a zone blocking tackle who is agile I want to say at one time in college he was a T.E. in college. I say we give him a look what do you all think????
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes horrible,no way!

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Jason Smith released Reply with quote

Legend_Kenny wrote:
He was the second pick of the 2009 draft we might could sign him as a right tackle he seems to fit as a zone blocking tackle who is agile I want to say at one time in college he was a T.E. in college. I say we give him a look what do you all think????
Good athlete, bad football player. I'll pass.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Hes horrible,no way!
beat me to it! Laughing

Two guys that are worth a look are Bart Scott and Calvin Pace who got released as well. Obviously I wouldn't give either a huge contract but for the right price they are worth it, especially considering Fletcher's age and we don't know if he may retire and Pace can be cover for Orakpo if we can't re-sign Rob Jackson or even if we do.

Again, for the right price though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes intriging because of his skillset, id sign him tho if his willing to move to RT and compete
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he worse than say Stephon Heyer? I mean, if he is brought in and plays a back up role, why not try. Who knows, he may get a second revival.

I dont care either way, but it couldnt hurt.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Is he worse than say Stephon Heyer? I mean, if he is brought in and plays a back up role, why not try. Who knows, he may get a second revival.

thats true, we need bodies at tackle for a fierce competition for the starting Rt job, and reserve OT jobs. he can't be a worse option than guys like Heyer or Jordan Black. He has talent and needs better coaching, Forester is one of the best OL coaches in the business. He can probably make at the least a decent reserve out of Smith.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dude is a mammoth. Always thought of him as a plow who was too big to fit the ZBS, but I could be wrong. It's been awhile this I read up on him. I do know thy he lost his job to Barry Richardson last year, and that's a bad sign.

mike23md on the sig!
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

Yes yes he is. The team that drafted him traded him for peanuts, the team who traded for him just cut him. If he was a 3rd round pick or lower he would start looking into life after football already. He is bad real bad.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is honestly a better fit on the defensive line then the offensive line at this point. He shows absolutely no technique as a blocker, he just likes to hit people. I'm really not even sure how he went #2 overall. Common case of a workout warrior with no actual football talent I suppose. I don't expect him to make a roster this year, or ever again.

Last edited by ArodFanboy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Smith is honestly a better fit on the defensive line the offensive line at this point. He shows absolutely no technique as a blocker, he just likes to hit people. I'm really not even sure how he went #2 overall. Common case of a workout warrior with no actual football talent I suppose. I don't expect him to make a roster this year, or ever again.
maybe we can move him to 3-4 DE? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: