Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OL G.Schwartz has no intention of signing on as a backup.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
sorry i dont even have him in my top 5 of OG Free Agents I dont think he is that big of an upgrade

The Vikings games I saw him in he was a force that reminded me of ryan tucker.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
sorry i dont even have him in my top 5 of OG Free Agents I dont think he is that big of an upgrade

The Vikings games I saw him in he was a force that reminded me of ryan tucker.

Schwartz is a really good guard. I'll post some stats on him later. He just has some big injury issues. As in, hes only played one full season.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Schwartz is meh to me. If we're spending money on the OL I'd like to go for Louis Vasquez, Andy Levitre, or Donald Thomas.

I am not against those guys at all but signing schwartz doesn't perclude the Browns signing one of thos 3 ether.

Thomas Vasquez Mack G.Schwartz M.Schwartz

with Pinkston Greco Luavo & Miller for Depth

Thats how I would do it if I was the new GM.

Two free agent acquisitions on the OL is sure to take away from the veteran presence we'll need on D. I'd much rather spend the money on one of the OL on a defensive player and let Lauvou/Pinkston/Greco fight it out for the other spot.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Schwartz is meh to me. If we're spending money on the OL I'd like to go for Louis Vasquez, Andy Levitre, or Donald Thomas.

I am not against those guys at all but signing schwartz doesn't perclude the Browns signing one of thos 3 ether.

Two free agent acquisitions on the OL is sure to take away from the veteran presence we'll need on D. I'd much rather spend the money on one of the OL on a defensive player and let Lauvou/Pinkston/Greco fight it out for the other spot.
Schwartz won't cost that much. IMO he could basically occupy Froster Ruckers former slary cap space.

buno67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
Good for fusco. He was my lock for our 4th round a few years ago. Instead we take Pinkston who is absolutely terrible.

Pinky made great strides his rookie year and this year he was playing with a blood clot in his lung! he didnt notice it until it was really affecting him but the beginning stages of it can still bother you. my fiances dad had one and before he was diagnosis with it, he said months before it was hard for him to keep his breath just walking, he just thought he was out of weight when he really have a cloth forming in his lung. no imagine trying to play in the NFL with a cloth forming

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

Schwartz won't cost that much. IMO he could basically occupy Froster Ruckers former slary cap space.

Still, I'd rather have us sure up another position so we don't have three backups at Guard.

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

Still, I'd rather have us sure up another position so we don't have three backups at Guard.

Guys that can play tackle in my above list G.Schwartz Greco and Miller.

Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

That's all fine and dandy, but the offensive line is like the third least of our worries behind NT & RB at this point. A roster spot used on the OL takes away from somewhere else.

bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

That's all fine and dandy, but the offensive line is like the third least of our worries behind NT & RB at this point. A roster spot used on the OL takes away from somewhere else.

We won't keep them all.

Besides, it makes a lot of sense to build on strength.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

We won't keep them all.

True but at some point you have to build on weaknesses or they will never become a strength
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

We won't keep them all.

True but at some point you have to build on weaknesses or they will never become a strength

It becomes a matter of building from the inside out or from the outside in.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

We won't keep them all.

ok but we already have at worst a good offensive line and it has not given us anymore wins, making it that much better isnt going to give us more wins aslong as there are other facets of the team that are a wekaness
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

We won't keep them all.

ok but we already have at worst a good offensive line and it has not given us anymore wins, making it that much better isnt going to give us more wins aslong as there are other facets of the team that are a wekaness

You are right, but that's mostly because of our QB situation...the O can't stay on the field, score points.

It would be interesting to research how the great teams were built.
Entropy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

You are right, but that's mostly because of our QB situation...the O can't stay on the field, score points.

It would be interesting to research how the great teams were built.

The QB situation didn't cause Richardson to average 3.6 yards per carry, nor did it cause so many dropped passes. The QB situation didn't just run the first year of a WCO for the QB, RB, and some key WRs--the second year for the rest of the team.

Oh, and the O stayed on the field enough to score 18.9 points a game, which was the 3rd best offensive season since 1999 (14 seasons).

And actually, it was the best offensive output by a rookie QB in Browns history in the NFL, dating back to 1950. Maybe that means nothing to those that choose to think it's meaningless, but it's actually true as opposed to conjecture.

Here, let's look at some other Browns "QB situations" that involved rookies or first year QBs:

1970- Mike Phipps 29/60 529 yards 1TD 5INTS 49.9 rating
1974- Brian Sipe (was actually drafted in 1972, but this was his first action) 59/108 603 yards 1TD 7INTs 47.0 rating
1985- Bernie Kosar 124/248 1578 yards 8TDs 7INTs 69.3 rating
1999- Tim Couch 223/399 2447 yards 15TDs 13INTs 73.2 rating
2005- Charlie Frye 98/164 1002 yards 4TDs 5INTs 72.8 rating
2006- Derek Anderson (drafted in 2005) 66/117 793 yards 5TDs 8INTs 63.1 rating
2007- Brady Quinn 3/8 45 yards 0TDs 0INTs 56.8 rating
2010- Colt McCoy 135/222 1576 yards 6TDs 9INTs 74.5 rating
2012- Brandon Weeden 297/517 3385 yards 14TDs 17INTs 72.6 rating

So it looks like there simply hasn’t been any rookie that was asked to throw as much as Weeden. And he was throwing to other rookies and inexperienced players. And he still did better than all of them in several areas.

You’ve already had a chance to see how other rookies compared to Weeden. And now, here’s a look at all the QBs that have thrown for more yards, or more TDs, or had more wins in their first year in the WCO:

1992- Brett Favre (2nd year in NFL) 302/471 3227 yards 18TDs 13INTs 85.3 rating

-end list

So it looks like the WCO played a bigger role than the “QB situation”, especially since we don’t see Montana, Young, Garcia, or Hasselbeck on that list.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:

I like him because of the RG then backup LT/RT abilities.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: