Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaruis Byrd Franchise tag to be placed if no long term

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Jaruis Byrd Franchise tag to be placed if no long term Reply with quote

The bills have reached out to Jaruis Byrd and plan on meeting next week at the combine to work a long term deal out hopefully it gets done right away so the bills can move forward and decide to tage Levitre or not.

Thanks Max

Last edited by cdavls17 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Jaruis Byrd and Bills talk long term Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
The bills have reached out to Jaruis Byrd and plan on meeting next week at the combine to work a long term deal out hopefully it gets done right away so the bills can move forward and decide to tage Levitre or not.

Can't let Byrd walk -- guy is just too talented. Unless they're going for another safety like Goldson, but Byrd is better and could be had for the same money.

The defense has some improvements to make that's for sure. Cutting your losses with Mark Anderson might be a route to go and upgrading the corners.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaruis Byrd and Bills talk long term Reply with quote

Vanilla_Ice wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Can't let Byrd walk -- guy is just too talented. Unless they're going for another safety like Goldson, but Byrd is better and could be had for the same money.

The defense has some improvements to make that's for sure. Cutting your losses with Mark Anderson might be a route to go and upgrading the corners.

Bryd ain't going anywhere.

As for Anderson, he got off to a shaky start then got injured but I expect him to be a key piece for Pettine this year, if not at the very least good depth. CB is a need but i put it behind QB and OLB and maybe even with WR.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be pointless to cut mark anderson. His dead cap space is more then what he is making this year so it would be smarter to keep him this year see what he can do now that he is healthy. The bills need to cut Kelsey if anyone he is the one that needs to go he is making more money then Anderson is and it would free up over $5 million in cap space.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to extend Byrd and at very least tag Levitre. Would be a solid start to off season
joutman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Levitre Reply with quote

I love Levitre but tagging him does not make a lot of sense. His cap number would be north of 9 Mil I believe. I hope they are able to sign him long term and not take quite the hit with the salary cap.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Byrd doesn't get brought back for next season (re-sign, franchise, whatever) I will lose my mind.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Tim Graham on twitter, GM Brandon will use the Franchise Tag on Byrd if no long term contract is signed

Thanks Max
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
According to Tim Graham on twitter, GM Brandon will use the Franchise Tag on Byrd if no long term contract is signed

been there, dont that

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

Sounds good, the Bills are actually doing something that makes sense.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: