Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mayock: "Dion Jordan could be next Aldon Smith"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12341
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Mayock: "Dion Jordan could be next Aldon Smith" Reply with quote

Quote:
"He's two years away from being an Aldon Smith-type player," Mayock said of Jordan. "He's got frightening athletic skills. Hed be a situational pass rusher year one." Smith was a situational pass rusher in his first NFL season, as well. Truly an athletic freak at 6-foot-7, 230, Jordan is Mayock's top-rated outside linebacker prospect for the 2013 draft. A full rundown of Mayock's rankings are accessible at the link below.


http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/255788/mayock-dion-jordan-can-be-next-aldon-smith

Jordan has very good potential due to his athletic ability, He is definitly in my group of picks at 6
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1649
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with this. "Freak" is thrown around a lot regarding athleticism but in his case its true. Just so rare to see a guy that tall be so fluid and athletic. He at six would suit me just fine - I can just imagine the schemes Horton could come up with with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12341
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
I totally agree with this. "Freak" is thrown around a lot regarding athleticism but in his case its true. Just so rare to see a guy that tall be so fluid and athletic. He at six would suit me just fine - I can just imagine the schemes Horton could come up with with him.


just the though at 6'7 Oregon having him out covering the wideout is Mind boggling
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kosar77


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 499
Location: Tiffin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, very interested in him at 6 as well, seems versatile and born to play olb in a 3-4. No to mention fills a glaring need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2091
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan for the Browns.........



Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, Kam was spot on.

Kam has been raving about him for months now. Got me to watch a bunch of videos of him, and its easy to see why.

I just hope he shows up at the combine over 245lbs.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6314
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him but his pass rushing skills are nowhere close to Aldons as a prospect. Aldon is also more or less one dimensional whereas Jordan's strength is versatility.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freakygeniuskid


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 5475
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I like him but his pass rushing skills are nowhere close to Aldons as a prospect. Aldon is also more or less one dimensional whereas Jordan's strength is versatility.


I agree with this. Aldon Smith was a pass rush specialist day 1. Jordan would be more of a pass rusher who can drop into coverage. I really think his biggest strength is that he has the ability to cover the elite TE's in the game as well as some tall WR's.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 4764
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
Dion Jordan for the Browns.........



Peace!!


I want this on a Shirt.....LMAO!!!!
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Once again, Kam was spot on.

Kam has been raving about him for months now. Got me to watch a bunch of videos of him, and its easy to see why.

I just hope he shows up at the combine over 245lbs.


I would hope for mor than that for a 6-7 guy. He'll need the muscle bulk to protect himself in the nfl.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 7423
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Jordan is an option at 6 and I don't think he's an Aldon Smith-type player. I think he's more of a jack of all trades type OLB. He's really good in space. He'd be good dropping into a zone or covering a TE. He's going to develop into a solid pass rusher as well. I just don't think he's worthy of 6. Maybe 10-20.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

<3 JF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Once again, Kam was spot on.

Kam has been raving about him for months now. Got me to watch a bunch of videos of him, and its easy to see why.

I just hope he shows up at the combine over 245lbs.


I would hope for mor than that for a 6-7 guy. He'll need the muscle bulk to protect himself in the nfl.


He can't add weight thru his rookie year? ..

The answer is yea, he can.

If he shows up at 245 then he's geting better at adding muscle. He was once reported at 220 or something like that. Id love for him to be 270 as well, but he does play with good leverage already.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Once again, Kam was spot on.

Kam has been raving about him for months now. Got me to watch a bunch of videos of him, and its easy to see why.

I just hope he shows up at the combine over 245lbs.


I would hope for mor than that for a 6-7 guy. He'll need the muscle bulk to protect himself in the nfl.


He can't add weight thru his rookie year? ..

The answer is yea, he can.

If he shows up at 245 then he's geting better at adding muscle. He was once reported at 220 or something like that. Id love for him to be 270 as well, but he does play with good leverage already.


That may be dependant on his torn labrum and how healed it will be.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Once again, Kam was spot on.

Kam has been raving about him for months now. Got me to watch a bunch of videos of him, and its easy to see why.

I just hope he shows up at the combine over 245lbs.


I would hope for mor than that for a 6-7 guy. He'll need the muscle bulk to protect himself in the nfl.


He can't add weight thru his rookie year? ..

The answer is yea, he can.

If he shows up at 245 then he's geting better at adding muscle. He was once reported at 220 or something like that. Id love for him to be 270 as well, but he does play with good leverage already.


That may be dependant on his torn labrum and how healed it will be.


So, he can't ever add weight?

If he's cleared to play football, he can lift weights.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 7423
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Once again, Kam was spot on.

Kam has been raving about him for months now. Got me to watch a bunch of videos of him, and its easy to see why.

I just hope he shows up at the combine over 245lbs.


I would hope for mor than that for a 6-7 guy. He'll need the muscle bulk to protect himself in the nfl.


He can't add weight thru his rookie year? ..

The answer is yea, he can.

If he shows up at 245 then he's geting better at adding muscle. He was once reported at 220 or something like that. Id love for him to be 270 as well, but he does play with good leverage already.


That may be dependant on his torn labrum and how healed it will be.


So, he can't ever add weight?

If he's cleared to play football, he can lift weights.


If he adds too much weight, he'd probably lose the qualities you drafted him for.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

<3 JF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group