Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 - St. Louis Rams War Room - Auction Bidding
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
I think US Agent is a top priority. How does everyone else feel? He's the one guy I'd probably break the bank for.

US Agent Top priority? If we are breaking the bank for someone, I'd take Wolverine of the listed players.

Also, would love to sign Hawkeye, very underrated.

With the list I got, Wolverine was the one guy that I thought would be a top priority. With the other moves made, plug him in and forget about that unit.

I do like US Agent a lot. Much more than Thor. He would offer many different looks for us.

How about Human Torch? How are you guys on him?

If you're talking about opening up the checkbook, I still maintain Ms. Marvel would be the guy on my list I would go after hard, especially since Ghost Rider is no longer available. Great fit for the system, young and really took a big step this year.

OK I'm off my soapbox now Very Happy
Gambino62

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Human Torch. I think he's a better option than Mr. Fantastic as he has worked with said position coach at a previous destination and was very successful in his development.

Kempes on the sig, El ramster on the avy.
Gambino62

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got Glenn Dorsey! Wooo!

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambino62 wrote:

Nice. We should target Wolverine pretty aggressively in my opinion.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambino62 wrote:

chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Gambino62 wrote:

Nice. We should target Wolverine pretty aggressively in my opinion.
I can get behind that. Would be a perfect fit.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Gambino62

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winning pitch:

Gambino62 wrote:
Glenn Dorsey – DT

Contract – 5 years, $24.95mil $10.5mil signing bonus, $13mil guaranteed*

2014 - $2.5mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus (guaranteed salary)
Cap Hit - $4.6mil
2015 - $2.75mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus
Cap Hit - $4.6mil
2016 - $2.75mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus
Cap Hit - $4.85mil
2017 - $3.0mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus
Cap Hit - $5.1mil
2018 - $3.45mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus
Cap Hit - $5.55mil

Glenn,

We are writing you today to let you know that we are incredibly interested in bringing you to St. Louis to become a part of our dominant defensive line. We truly believe we are one or two pieces away from having the single handed most active and capable defensive line in the NFL and we believe you are one of those pieces.

One of the strongest things we can offer you in St. Louis is coaching. Our staff is absolutely loaded with defensive minded coaches who are capable of making you a better player and maximizing your potential. The man you’ll be working most closely with is Mike Waufle, our defensive line coach. Mike Waufle is a master of molding talent on the defensive line as he has turned players from unknowns into Pro Bowlers and helped revitalize the careers of veterans. In his most recent stop in Oakland he helped them amass 47 sacks in a season (2nd in NFL 2010) and sent Richard Seymour to the Pro Bowl when many thought he had nothing left in tank. Before coming to Oakland, Waufle was one of the reasons the New York Giants pass rush was so feared as he helped develop Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck into household names and ensure Michael Strahan was still as feared towards the twilight of his career as he was in the prime.

Another advantage of coming to St. Louis is the talent you’ll get to work with. We in St. Louis believe in a rotation as fresh legs mean a more active pass rush so even though you won’t be listed as a starter you will still get all the reps you’ll need to showcase that run stuffing ability you showed in Kansas City. In addition, with having Brockers, Quinn and Long along the line, you will be fortunate to get a lot of one on one battles with offensive guards and we will take that match up any day of the week. This will afford you the chance to cause havoc in the backfield.

Now, football is not the only reason we want you here. We also know about all the community outreach you were responsible for in Kansas City. One that comes to mind is your work with PETA to be a dog defender. We love the idea that you’re the type of person who responds to animals as much as you do people and we want to let you know that this kind of community involvement will make you that much more of a fit in the St. Louis community.

In closing, we feel that our coaching, our scheme, our players and our community is reason enough for you to come and don the horns in St. Louis. You are an incredible talent and we look forward to unlocking that potential and unleashing it on the rest of the NFC West and continue to develop our team into a contender.

Best of luck in your search.

Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Gambino. Well done
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambino62 wrote:
The winning pitch:

Gambino62 wrote:
Glenn Dorsey – DT

Contract – 5 years, $24.95mil $10.5mil signing bonus, $13mil guaranteed*

2014 - $2.5mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus (guaranteed salary)
Cap Hit - $4.6mil
2015 - $2.75mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus
Cap Hit - $4.6mil
2016 - $2.75mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus
Cap Hit - $4.85mil
2017 - $3.0mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus
Cap Hit - $5.1mil
2018 - $3.45mil salary, $2.1mil sign bonus
Cap Hit - $5.55mil

Glenn,

We are writing you today to let you know that we are incredibly interested in bringing you to St. Louis to become a part of our dominant defensive line. We truly believe we are one or two pieces away from having the single handed most active and capable defensive line in the NFL and we believe you are one of those pieces.

One of the strongest things we can offer you in St. Louis is coaching. Our staff is absolutely loaded with defensive minded coaches who are capable of making you a better player and maximizing your potential. The man you’ll be working most closely with is Mike Waufle, our defensive line coach. Mike Waufle is a master of molding talent on the defensive line as he has turned players from unknowns into Pro Bowlers and helped revitalize the careers of veterans. In his most recent stop in Oakland he helped them amass 47 sacks in a season (2nd in NFL 2010) and sent Richard Seymour to the Pro Bowl when many thought he had nothing left in tank. Before coming to Oakland, Waufle was one of the reasons the New York Giants pass rush was so feared as he helped develop Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck into household names and ensure Michael Strahan was still as feared towards the twilight of his career as he was in the prime.

Another advantage of coming to St. Louis is the talent you’ll get to work with. We in St. Louis believe in a rotation as fresh legs mean a more active pass rush so even though you won’t be listed as a starter you will still get all the reps you’ll need to showcase that run stuffing ability you showed in Kansas City. In addition, with having Brockers, Quinn and Long along the line, you will be fortunate to get a lot of one on one battles with offensive guards and we will take that match up any day of the week. This will afford you the chance to cause havoc in the backfield.

Now, football is not the only reason we want you here. We also know about all the community outreach you were responsible for in Kansas City. One that comes to mind is your work with PETA to be a dog defender. We love the idea that you’re the type of person who responds to animals as much as you do people and we want to let you know that this kind of community involvement will make you that much more of a fit in the St. Louis community.

In closing, we feel that our coaching, our scheme, our players and our community is reason enough for you to come and don the horns in St. Louis. You are an incredible talent and we look forward to unlocking that potential and unleashing it on the rest of the NFC West and continue to develop our team into a contender.

Best of luck in your search.

Nice job, Gambino! The Jets just won Paul Kruger with this pitch:
Quote:
Paul Kruger
3-4 OLB
5 years/51 million, 10 million signing bonus, 34 million guaranteed

Year 1: 5.5 million(guaranteed) + 2 million SB
Year 2: 6.3 million(guaranteed) + 2 million SB + 5 million RB(guaranteed)
Year 3: 7.2 million(guaranteed) + 2 million SB
Year 4: 8 million + 2 million SB
Year 5: 9 million + 2 million SB

Tatupu_64,
I am contacting you about your client, Paul Kruger, to express the New York Jets’ interest in signing him. Our scheme/terminology is very similar to the defense that Paul played in Baltimore. As Paul knows, Rex was hired as the Jets coach a couple months before Paul was drafted so the much of the foundation of the defense that Paul played in came from Rex. Rex is one of the most player friendly coaches in the league. Players love to play for him and will go that extra mile for Rex. He is cocky, boisterous and animated but he is also a straight shooter with his players and earns their respect.

Your fit within the scheme should be ideal. You will be doing much of the same things you did in Baltimore. You will often rush from the 2 or 4 point stance as the 7 or 9 technique…like in Baltimore. We also plan to move you around to get the best match-ups; you seemed to thrive at that with the Ravens. Finally, you’ll be playing behind two excellent pass rushing 5-Ts in Wilkerson and Coples who should be able to help you pick-up a few extra sacks as a Jet, I’ll explain later why that is significant. Paul, we believe you are just starting to tap into that potential of yours…your diverse set of pass rush moves, long arms/violent hands, power and burst as well as your understanding of the game as a former QB make you a lethal rusher off the edge. We need a premier rusher and we believe you offer that…if Rex can get 6 sacks out of Aaron Maybin, you can easily post 10+ sacks a year.

On a more personal note, we recognize how important faith is to you. We know that you went on a 2 year mission during your time at Utah. In New York, we have a large Mormon population of over 78,000 including a temple in Manhattan that was only the second high-rise Mormon temple constructed. We want you to feel comfortable in your new surroundings in New York and believe that having such a large and diverse place to share your faith with will only help that.

Finally, Paul, we love your attitude towards the community. To help you spread your goodwill to the community here, we will donate $10,000 for every sack you record as a New York Jet in your career here to your foundation. We expect you to hit our wallet hard with a lengthy/productive stay in New York. We cannot wait to get you signed on as a member of the New York Jets!

Just to show that our offer is good value for you, Paul, here are some comparisons:
Michael Johnson – 5 years, 43 million, 23 guaranteed
Robert Mathis – 4 years, 36 million, 17 guaranteed
LaMarr Woodley - 6 years, 61.5 million, 22.5 guaranteed
Trent Cole – 6 years, 59.3 million, 15 guaranteed

Looks somewhat similar to yours...looks like working with the best(you guys) has helped me. Smile

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Brilliant Gambino. Well done

+1

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Gambino62

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! Go jrry! It's all about the pictures. That's why we lost Vollmer and Keller!

Anyways, Shark Tank starts at 8am. Myself, Chris and JRS have authority to post bids. We're developing a spreadsheet to keep track of players, bids and times. Chris has the link and I'll pm it to the interested parties.

I'm hoping we can have someone available every 12 hours of we need to increase bids. But, shark tank will be much more streamlined this year with each position getting a thread.

Anyways, it was a good day for the Rams today, let's land some key players in the morning!

ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened with delmas?

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:
What happened with delmas?

He went to the Chiefs.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Looks somewhat similar to yours...looks like working with the best(you guys) has helped me. Smile
Wait, jrry's a double agent . . . . .

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Wait, jrry's a double agent . . . . .

Well, no, just an agent...for Cary Williams. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 4 of 30

Jump to: