Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Operation Defensive Revamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Who Dat Boss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Operation Defensive Revamp Reply with quote

Hey Guys, Here is my list of players that can help the defense. Most of these guys won’t cost a lot of money and it will give us an opportunity to strengthen our team. I do like some other players but they may cost too much.

PLAYERS OUT OF OUR BUDGET

Anthony Spencer
Dannell Ellerbe
William Moore or Jairus Byrd
Paul Kruger
Cary Williams

SAINTS MOCK DRAFT

1st (15) - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU (If he is available we should take him. One analysis said the Saints should not leave the draft without him.)
3rd (90) - Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern (This could be our beast in the middle.)
4th (124) - BW Webb, CB, William & Mary (This would be a great pick if he is there.)
5th (150) - Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State (This kid would be an excellent complement to Big Jimmy.)
7th (205) –Brandon McGee, CB, Miami (Good speed and a Miami attitude...)

SAINTS FREE AGENTS SIGNING

Connor Barwin (HOU) – OLB (He played hurt last year and his production when down, but he is a beast. In 2011 he had 11.5 sacks.)
Martellus Bennett (NYG)-TE (This guy would be a great option if we don’t improve this area in the draft.)
Keenan Lewis (Pitts)-CB (I was hoping we could still him away for cheap.)
Glover Quinn (HOU)-FS (This is a potential diamond in the ruff.)
Brad Jones (GB)-ILB (This guy can truly help our defense.)
Sean Cody- DT (HOU) A great option in the middle.
All these guys may not start for us but they can help our defense.

2013 Starting Lineup

OLB- Barwin
DE- Hicks
DT-Williams
DE- Jordan
OLB-Mingo
ILB-Lofton
ILB- Wilson
CB- Lewis
FS-Quinn
SS- Jenkins
CB- Robinson
NB- Webb

Tell me what you all think. Do you think that I am being realistic or is it a pipe dream? How do you see our starting lineup for next year?
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why people think we should move Jenkins to SS. He can't tackle and the SS coverage job, IMO, is much harder than the FS. SS are usually manned up against TEs and HBs while the FS is mostly in a deep zone coverage. Jenkins at SS would be an absolute disaster. I actually think Roman Harper would succeed in more of a FS role, he's a very smart player but he lacks the athleticism to man up on players. If you put him in a deep zone, he would be able to read the QB and use his strengths but him being manned up on a slot WR would just be miserable.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I don't know why people think we should move Jenkins to SS. He can't tackle and the SS coverage job, IMO, is much harder than the FS. SS are usually manned up against TEs and HBs while the FS is mostly in a deep zone coverage. Jenkins at SS would be an absolute disaster. I actually think Roman Harper would succeed in more of a FS role, he's a very smart player but he lacks the athleticism to man up on players. If you put him in a deep zone, he would be able to read the QB and use his strengths but him being manned up on a slot WR would just be miserable.

This. To be SS you need to be able to lay the wood when needed and just plain tackle. Harper > Jenkins. (in Harp's prime). Get rid if both IMO. Quddus and Élam on the backside would be great IMO. RR likes to draft DB's as well. The closer we get to the draft, the more I think Elam is the pick.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

This. To be SS you need to be able to lay the wood when needed and just plain tackle. Harper > Jenkins. (in Harp's prime). Get rid if both IMO. Quddus and Élam on the backside would be great IMO. RR likes to draft DB's as well. The closer we get to the draft, the more I think Elam is the pick.

Maybe (just a thought) a Vaccaro/Scott (Bryan Scott of the Buffalo Bills) safety pairing? Scott, while aging, might be a good temporary stop-gap SS while we see what we can do in either next year's draft or FA? Plus Vaccaro is a monster.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Mingo. But if he is the BPA...then why not. I agree with everyone else tha Jenkins is simply NOT a safety. He is a CB. Whether or not he can be anything more than a mediocre one has yet to be seen.

But let me be the first to say that I thought that your free agent moves were excellent. Those are the type of smart, low-cost moves that are going to determine the fate of the Saints in 2013. I do believe that the Saints will find a way to snag Spencer though. It just makes too much sense. He will be our one higher priced player. But I don't think that he is going to be as expensive as many think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: