Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Matt Barkley Falls???????????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley is a prototype QB especially in the WCO where he fits best. He'll end up a stud if groomed and developed the right way but I understand your skepticism on drafting him.

I think he can be everything Chad was suppose to be but better. This is the same dude who went throw for throw with Luck. If Barkley went to UCLA instead of USC he wouldn't be this under valued, #FACT

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Rich51

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:
All USC qbs are crap. Wouldnt touch one with a ten foot pole. Rather draft Jordan Rodgers than him

I really didn't follow college football until recently so i checked back 50 years and you guys are right, Carson Palmer is by far the best Qb that ever came out of USC and he's only average.

I find that amazing that such a dominant college program could not produce one elite qb in 50 years

By the way, I do hope we draft Rodgers. He had a bad junior year but really improved in his senior year.
jamax99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he drops to 3rd yes. But not any earlier. But he will not last past the secound round. . I know the USC thing ,but if he is a Carson Palmer then yes. Carson could throw the ball.
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Honestly I'd take him especially for our offense just not at #9 tho I wouldn't be mad to be honest

Barkley gets a bad rap because of previous USC blunders but he's different.

I think it depends on the tape you watch. 2011 he was fantastic. 2012 he makes bad decisions. I just not sure.

All of the qbs in this draft are questionable. I can not stand Tyler Wilson though. He better not be our guy.

Mack on the Sig
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
In a west coast offense.. which we are now... he honestly fits it perfectly. I know no one wants to draft a quarterback from USC but in the 3rd round i would be extremely intrigued because hes a four year starter thats extremely polished.

Theres a major difference between him and Mark Sanchez.. Sanchez posesses similar assets but Barkley is more ready for the NFL than Sanchez was coming out. Barkley has been through a lot more and has seen changes at positions in front of him. Hes adapted and has grown into a very good quarterback.

People may hate him but i think hes one of the quarterbacks on the jets radar.

Well said. Honestly I think they would absolutely entertain the possibility in round two as well, he has the stigma of being a USC QB, but he's an ideal fit for the WCO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a better prospect than Sanchez was, but I'm still not high on him. It could just be the USC QB nightmare scaring me away, but he just doesn't seem like anything special.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not another game manager QB from USC. I'll pass. It's about time we look for a QB that can win us games not just one that we hope won't lose them for us.

Barkley does not appear to be that guy. PASS.

Props to Mack on the sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we trade down in the 2nd or he is there in the 3rd then I'd take him. He was rated higher than Tannenhill last year. I don't think it is fair to compare him to Mark just because they went to the same college. He is a 4 year starter and he is 10x the leader that Sanchez is.

If I had one fear with him it is that he is used to perfect weather and the NE is nasty most of the season.

In short I want to draft everything but a QB this year. Trade back and stock pile youth but if they decide he is our guy then I'm on board so long as it is our 2nd and lower.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont have to worry about the Jets drafting him in the first round because theirs honestly no way Idzik drafts a quarterback in the first round.

Quarterbacks in this draft are extremely inconsistent. They all possess different intangibles but their is no one who sticks out. As Bradway and Idzik evaluate this draft, they will aim at 3-4 quarterbacks they are interested in taking. If we are sitting their in the 2nd round at 9 and 2 of those quarterbacks are already taken, you can bet we take our 3rd best quarterback then. That could indeed be Barkley. If we are sitting there at 2(9) and none of those quarterbacks have been taken, its a value pick. You can take the number 1 on your board or hope that one of your top 4 is still their in round 3.

This team has a significant amount of holes and our cap is extremely low. I would expect us to do some shopping before the draft. Pouha, Cromartie, Revis, Holmes. I think all those guys will be shopped in the next few weeks. We all need to realize that one of them needs to be traded because we are still in cap flux. So i would expect us to obtain a few more picks to add.

As this team moves toward the future, you can expect us to rely on the draft as a our pure building block.

With that being said I do not believe we draft Geno Smith. We all know he has some great intangibles, their is no way this team picks a Quarterback at 9. In a draft of this nature, a smart drafting team sees a lot of value at the quarterback position. For an instance after the first round, OLB drops significantly in talent. We need to draft OLB or Star Lotulelei if he drops.

After watching film and evaluating the ceilings for each quarterback, their is one guy that jumps out at me. Marred by his inconsistent play all year, Landry Jones might fall to the 3rd or 4th round. Part of me with the needs within this team sees this kind of guy as the perfect value in this draft. If you swing and miss on a guy like Jones, you move on. But in my mind he has an extremely high ceiling. In a west coast offense, I think he could put up huge numbers. On film i see a lot of Aaron Rodgers in him. He needs to be groomed though.

Landry Jones potential = high ceiling
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
We dont have to worry about the Jets drafting him in the first round because theirs honestly no way Idzik drafts a quarterback in the first round.

Quarterbacks in this draft are extremely inconsistent. They all possess different intangibles but their is no one who sticks out. As Bradway and Idzik evaluate this draft, they will aim at 3-4 quarterbacks they are interested in taking. If we are sitting their in the 2nd round at 9 and 2 of those quarterbacks are already taken, you can bet we take our 3rd best quarterback then. That could indeed be Barkley. If we are sitting there at 2(9) and none of those quarterbacks have been taken, its a value pick. You can take the number 1 on your board or hope that one of your top 4 is still their in round 3.

This team has a significant amount of holes and our cap is extremely low. I would expect us to do some shopping before the draft. Pouha, Cromartie, Revis, Holmes. I think all those guys will be shopped in the next few weeks. We all need to realize that one of them needs to be traded because we are still in cap flux. So i would expect us to obtain a few more picks to add.

As this team moves toward the future, you can expect us to rely on the draft as a our pure building block.

With that being said I do not believe we draft Geno Smith. We all know he has some great intangibles, their is no way this team picks a Quarterback at 9. In a draft of this nature, a smart drafting team sees a lot of value at the quarterback position. For an instance after the first round, OLB drops significantly in talent. We need to draft OLB or Star Lotulelei if he drops.

After watching film and evaluating the ceilings for each quarterback, their is one guy that jumps out at me. Marred by his inconsistent play all year, Landry Jones might fall to the 3rd or 4th round. Part of me with the needs within this team sees this kind of guy as the perfect value in this draft. If you swing and miss on a guy like Jones, you move on. But in my mind he has an extremely high ceiling. In a west coast offense, I think he could put up huge numbers. On film i see a lot of Aaron Rodgers in him. He needs to be groomed though.

Been saying this all season. If Jones is there in the 4th I'll snatch him up in a heartbeat. I think he is going to be really good. This allows us to trade down in the 1st and 2nd round and get more picks and select BPA at our positions of need.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

Been saying this all season. If Jones is there in the 4th I'll snatch him up in a heartbeat. I think he is going to be really good. This allows us to trade down in the 1st and 2nd round and get more picks and select BPA at our positions of need.

I also like Landry Jones and would take him right after Barkley. I really want one of these two guys on the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: