Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Matt Barkley Falls???????????
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jetfuel


Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1450
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: If Matt Barkley Falls??????????? Reply with quote

I was just reading on espn that Matt Barkley will not throw at the combine and Geno Smith, Glennon, and Wilson will all be throwing. If all three of these guys do well then Barkley could fall all the way down in the 3rd round or even early 4th.

My question is do we draft Matt if he is there in the 3rd round? How about the 4th round?

I think if we pass on a QB the first two rounds and he is there for us in the third I think you have to take him. He has run the WCO before and has been playing college ball since he was 17. He graduated early to be in spring practices. He also was the first true freshman to start the first game of the season in USC history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46832
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez. Didn't you start another Matt Barkley thread recently? I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

This is not worthy of a thread, especially one that includes 11 question marks in its title.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea


Last edited by green24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MP


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 1694
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combine for high level athletes doesn't really mean all that much, his pro day will make the case for him. Barkley doesn't fall out of the top half of the second round when it's all said and done.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 786
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a west coast offense.. which we are now... he honestly fits it perfectly. I know no one wants to draft a quarterback from USC but in the 3rd round i would be extremely intrigued because hes a four year starter thats extremely polished.

Theres a major difference between him and Mark Sanchez.. Sanchez posesses similar assets but Barkley is more ready for the NFL than Sanchez was coming out. Barkley has been through a lot more and has seen changes at positions in front of him. Hes adapted and has grown into a very good quarterback.

People may hate him but i think hes one of the quarterbacks on the jets radar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 786
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
The combine for high level athletes doesn't really mean all that much, his pro day will make the case for him. Barkley doesn't fall out of the top half of the second round when it's all said and done.


I agree with this though. I dont see him falling past 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'd take him especially for our offense just not at #9 tho I wouldn't be mad to be honest

Barkley gets a bad rap because of previous USC blunders but he's different.
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetfuel


Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1450
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jeez. Didn't you start another Matt Barkley thread recently? I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.


I think I did start one a few months ago. This just seemed interesting that he might fall hard. I personally think he would do well here but most jet fans hate him. I think he is the number 2 QB behind Wilson. I just can't get over the bad games that Geno Smith had at the end of the year. He had a great chance to show case himself in yankee stadium and fell flat on his face. I know the weather was bad but he should have shown all the outdoor teams he can throw and make plays in bad weather.

This is my order of QB which might have some people do some head shakes.

1. Tyler Wilson
2. Matt Barkley
3. Geno Smith
4. Mike Glennon
5. Landry Jones

I do think this will be the order of the QB's picked on draft day. Wilson will be the only 1st round QB picked and he will go to the Bills.

Barkley will be picked by the jets in the 2nd.

Smith will go to K.C in the middle to lower 2nd round by a trade.

Glennon goes to the Raiders in the early 3rd.

Landry Jones goes to the Cowboys in the late 3rd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19852
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combine is largely irrelevant for QB's, especially one such as Barkley who has had years of starting experience. Everything you need to see is tape.

At worst, he'll drop to the second round. I still think a team will pull the trigger in the first, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superbowlbound


Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2501
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care if Barkley falls to the 5th.... i want nothing to do with him

Im shell-shocked from USC qb's.... also, USC QB's are ALWAYS overrated and rarely do anything in the NFL

Carson Palmer
Matt Leinert
Matt Cassell
Mark Sancez
John David Booty

In Fact, only Palmer had any type of career, and even then i'd argue fervently that at best his career can be described as "dissapointing or average"


If Barkely falls its obviously for a reason....

My List of QB's:
1. Geno Smith
2. Mike Glennon
3. Tyler Wilson
4. Ryan Nassib
5. E.J. Manuel
6. Zac Dysert
7. Landry Jones
8. Matt Scott
9. Jordan Rodgers
10. Matt Barkely

Yes, i have Matt Barkley as #10 and will argue fervently that Matt Barkely is a more well-known verson of John-David Booty and is nothing but hype

We have our USC bust already.... do we really need another one?


P.S. I'll NEVER be interested in an OSU DE/OLB either, so obviously i refuse to make the same mistake twice (id much rather make new mistakes)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superbowlbound


Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2501
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Honestly I'd take him especially for our offense just not at #9 tho I wouldn't be mad to be honest

Barkley gets a bad rap because of previous USC blunders but he's different.


How is he different?

Barkely is the EXACT same mold of every other USC QB that has been drafted in the last 10 years....NONE have had success and only Palmer had anything remotely close to a career
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4123
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
In a west coast offense.. which we are now... he honestly fits it perfectly. I know no one wants to draft a quarterback from USC but in the 3rd round i would be extremely intrigued because hes a four year starter thats extremely polished.

Theres a major difference between him and Mark Sanchez.. Sanchez posesses similar assets but Barkley is more ready for the NFL than Sanchez was coming out. Barkley has been through a lot more and has seen changes at positions in front of him. Hes adapted and has grown into a very good quarterback.

People may hate him but i think hes one of the quarterbacks on the jets radar.
This. If he falls to the third, you snag him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Honestly I'd take him especially for our offense just not at #9 tho I wouldn't be mad to be honest

Barkley gets a bad rap because of previous USC blunders but he's different.


How is he different?

Barkely is the EXACT same mold of every other USC QB that has been drafted in the last 10 years....NONE have had success and only Palmer had anything remotely close to a career


better accuracy than all of them, more mobile than all except Sanchez, 4 year starter, would have been a top 3 pick had he come out last year

we'd be lucky to get a QB of his potential in the draft

Matt Barkley or Geno Smith would be great picks at QB for us
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RollTide99


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 506
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All USC qbs are crap. Wouldnt touch one with a ten foot pole. Rather draft Jordan Rodgers than him
_________________
[Img/]http://imageshack.us/a/img822/4925/mrxc.png[\img]

JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4274
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Not even if no one drafted him. All USC QBs are overhyped who get by because LA doesn't have an NFL team and because they're surrounded by talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superbowlbound


Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2501
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Honestly I'd take him especially for our offense just not at #9 tho I wouldn't be mad to be honest

Barkley gets a bad rap because of previous USC blunders but he's different.


How is he different?

Barkely is the EXACT same mold of every other USC QB that has been drafted in the last 10 years....NONE have had success and only Palmer had anything remotely close to a career


better accuracy than all of them, more mobile than all except Sanchez, 4 year starter, would have been a top 3 pick had he come out last year

we'd be lucky to get a QB of his potential in the draft

Matt Barkley or Geno Smith would be great picks at QB for us


#1 Sanchez isnt mobile
#2 your argument on accuracy is meaningless to me, especially when ur comparing palmer (who went #1) and leinart who both were better propsects coming out of USC

#3 Brian brohm wouldve been a top 3 pick his junior year.... That doesnt mean anything, theres 10+ guys who looked like top 10 picks their Jr year and stayed to watch ther stock drop

Barkley didnt make many improvments between his Jr and sr year and thats y I dont like him...

U say he has tons of.potential... I say he has barely any, his max is a game-manager imo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group