Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worm’s Top 11 Defensive Prospects in 2013 Draft:
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krewebrees

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I didn't catch this. You didn't have Geno Smith taken yet. I guess I just assumed you had someone get him. In that case I would get Smith and let the teams come running.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another question...

Say the Saints covet an OLB like Dion Jordan or DT like Floyd/Richardson, maybe even Dee Milliner and the guy the Saints really want is still available at pick #9 but they do not believe he will last till the 15th pick.

Would you be opposed to the Saints making the following trade...

The 15th pick, our 4th round selection and RB Cris Ivory to the Jets for the 9th pick.

In all likley hood the Saints would have to really covet the guy to move up and if they did I would assume they view him as a instant impact player.

I know alot of guys don't like the value chart but the difference between the 9th and 15th pick is 300 points. our 4th rounder is about 100 and the last 200 points is a 3rd round value that I think would be good value for Ivory.

The Saints move up and get the impact player they covet and the Jets slide back 6 slots and pick up an extra 4th rounder and a starting runningback for a 3rd round value.

Thoughts???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Here's another question...

Say the Saints covet an OLB like Dion Jordan or DT like Floyd/Richardson, maybe even Dee Milliner and the guy the Saints really want is still available at pick #9 but they do not believe he will last till the 15th pick.

Would you be opposed to the Saints making the following trade...

The 15th pick, our 4th round selection and RB Cris Ivory to the Jets for the 9th pick.

In all likley hood the Saints would have to really covet the guy to move up and if they did I would assume they view him as a instant impact player.

I know alot of guys don't like the value chart but the difference between the 9th and 15th pick is 300 points. our 4th rounder is about 100 and the last 200 points is a 3rd round value that I think would be good value for Ivory.

The Saints move up and get the impact player they covet and the Jets slide back 6 slots and pick up an extra 4th rounder and a starting runningback for a 3rd round value.

Thoughts???

I'd hate it. Don't want to trade up AT ALL. The top of this draft isn't as impressive as past years. We can get someone at 15 with good value, or we could move back to the mid 20s and get a very good player, as well. I wouldn't be opposed to moving back into the second.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Moore, Desmond Trufant, Kawaan Short, or Datone Jones.

Actually, add Xavier Rhodes to this list.

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd hate it. Don't want to trade up AT ALL. The top of this draft isn't as impressive as past years. We can get someone at 15 with good value, or we could move back to the mid 20s and get a very good player, as well. I wouldn't be opposed to moving back into the second.

Your right, the value this year is standing pat and taking the top defender that falls!

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATED: Top 11 defenders

FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting two QBs to go ahead of us, and possibly Patterson. Lane Johnson could also sneak in there at 11 to San Diego if Fisher is gone. We just have to hope the right player falls. With the Buca picking two spots ahead of us I don't see Milliner falling.

Adopt-a-Saint
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Patterson fell to us I'd be tempted..but I'd still go defense. I kind of want Xavier Rhodes if Jordan and Mingo and Vacaroo are gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: