Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Dump Revis Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he is NOT worth the money he wants no CB is worth the money he wants ill go further and say no defensive player is worth that....how did those Haynesworth and Mario Williams contracts work out?

You can't pick two bad players and dismiss the importance of defense.

You need complete teams to win. The top defensive players in the league are worth it.

But the real issue is what the trade is worth. You have to get value if you trade him.

- Cliff Burton
RollTide99

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Dont want Revis gone but if they traded him for proper value then id understand

JMG on the sig
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I hate the drama this is causing, I have to commend the Jets for how they're handling this so far.

They're not showing their hand, which is smart. I really don't think they have any intention of trading him. But, if they come out and say that, teams will not come knocking with a blockbuster offer. Sure, the odds of that happening anyway are slim, but there's no chance of it happening if you say he's not available.

So yea, it may hurt his feelings a little, but this is football, and it's a grown man's business. The Jets stand nothing to gain by announcing their plans for now.

By handling it this way, they don't give leverage to Revis by saying they want him, and they leave the possibility open that they can get an offer that blows them away.

When Revis gets his money, it'll all be water under the bridge, and he'll go back to being the best defensive player in the league.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Cromartie for a late 1st draft my boy Dee Milliner with our 1st and my guy Matt Barkley with the late 1st

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Trade Cromartie for a late 1st draft my boy Dee Milliner with our 1st and my guy Matt Barkley with the late 1st

I would actually switch teams if that happened.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

I would actually switch teams if that happened.

Laughing I know but its right up our alley

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
yankee0724

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read what he said and there was literally nothing wrong with any of it. I don't get the point of this thread.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

If we were to trade Cromartie I'd rather aim for Xavier Rhodes with the late 1st we pick up.

1a. Pass Rusher
1b. Xavier Rhodes
2. QB/Best Player Available (EJ Manuel?)

Barkley's got a sub par arm it seems to me when going deep ... Arm strength should be pretty important these days because if you have a strong arm you can make some tighter throws and also it gives you a split second longer to read a defense.

I wouldn't dump Revis use his ACL injury as an opportunity to negotiate him down to a more managable contract save a couple million a year over what he wanted.

If you have to move someone, as much as I love having him move cromartie and his 8/9 mil a year and pick up a rookie you think will be able to fill in that void and pay them 3 mil a year instead so somewhat limited drop off at the position while saving 5-6 mil in cap.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not yelling just typing in caps so people get it.

WE ARE THINKING OF TRADING REVIS OR CROMARTIE BECAUSE WE HAVE SO MUCH MONEY TIED UP INTO ONE POSITION AND THEY ARE BOTH TALENTED AND CAN FETCH NICE PICK(S) AND/OR PLAYER(S) TO HELP BUILD THE REST OF THE TEAM/OFFENSE. YOU DO NOT TRADE ONE TO REPLACE WITH ANOTHER 1ST ROUND QB. THE PASS DEFENSE WASN'T BAD WITH CRO, WILSON AND LANKSTER AS THE STARTING THREE. WHY WASTE A PICK ON A NICKEL IN THE 1ST-3RD ROUND WHEN WE UPGRADES AT BASICALLY EVERY POSITION? LAST TIME WE DRAFTED A NICKEL IN THE 1ST ROUND WE F'ED UP THAT DRAFT AND IT COST US.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
I just read what he said and there was literally nothing wrong with any of it. I don't get the point of this thread.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/20843/revis-it-starts-with-woody-johnson

Revis actually said nothing wrong. Listen the guy was probably told he'd get his extension and Tanny/Woody or combination of them screwed him over and ontop of that he got hurt. Now first day of new GM and trade rumors are "leaked", I'd be kinda pissed to.

He said nothing in this interview that was bad. I also dont see why this thread was created. Maybe change the title to Offical Duff Beer Thread-Revis inked as new Duffman.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I'm not yelling just typing in caps so people get it.

WE ARE THINKING OF TRADING REVIS OR CROMARTIE BECAUSE WE HAVE SO MUCH MONEY TIED UP INTO ONE POSITION AND THEY ARE BOTH TALENTED AND CAN FETCH NICE PICK(S) AND/OR PLAYER(S) TO HELP BUILD THE REST OF THE TEAM/OFFENSE. YOU DO NOT TRADE ONE TO REPLACE WITH ANOTHER 1ST ROUND QB. THE PASS DEFENSE WASN'T BAD WITH CRO, WILSON AND LANKSTER AS THE STARTING THREE. WHY WASTE A PICK ON A NICKEL IN THE 1ST-3RD ROUND WHEN WE UPGRADES AT BASICALLY EVERY POSITION? LAST TIME WE DRAFTED A NICKEL IN THE 1ST ROUND WE F'ED UP THAT DRAFT AND IT COST US.

THANK YOU! And the caps were necessary. People just dont get what were trying to do. Im assuming you meant first round CB btw right?

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i said earlier the guy can say whatever he wants, doesn't bother me. It is his actions that kind of frustrate me, we are under constant threat of a hold out every offseason no matter what his contract is. I have no reason to think that if he signs this Mario deal that he won't be holding out 2 years down the line. For a team guy he cares an awful lot about money.
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Time to start a "Official Keep Revis Thread"

Seriously Revis hasn't said anything damaging so far. The guy deserves to be paid and everyone knows it. We paid freakin Santonio who was a headcase even when healthy and paid. Revis deserves to get paid, had people who deserved it less get paid before him. And now if he believes the front office isnt being clear with him I see no problem in what he said. People here act like he's Bad Randy Moss or something.

Except Revis has gotten paid? He is the highest paid CB in the league and has never thought about taking a pay cut, he has always been about getting the most money possible (nothing wrong with that but sorry if I show no loyalty to you). I would have no problem offering him a 6yr/75M dollar contract or something like that. But he is asking for around 100 million dollar contract. Nope. Not happening for me.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

famousj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Why so serious? Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what is said in February. As long as Revis Island shows up in September everything will be fine. Revis is just another superstar looking for top dollar. Most athletes are just not as loyal to teams compared to fans. PAY HIM. Point him to the opponent's best wide receiver and watch him disappear.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
Quote:
he is NOT worth the money he wants no CB is worth the money he wants ill go further and say no defensive player is worth that....how did those Haynesworth and Mario Williams contracts work out?

You can't pick two bad players and dismiss the importance of defense.

im not dismissing the importance of defense; but to me more then offense were 1 player can make a difference i dont feel the same about defense and CBs

defense to me is more of a team/scheme mentality then any individual player

and those 2 "bad players" were one of the best at there position before they got there money

the point of this thread for me was to finally vent my frustrations while he didnt say anything in the recent interview to really trigger anything just the whole mess is getting me annoyed and i dont want to see him get the contract he wants from the Jets cause i truly feel it will cripple our Cap situation for years to come

if Sanchez actually became the stud QB we hoped and our offense was already pretty decent with our current CAP i would give Revis his contract in a NYminute but the fact is we dont have a decent QB we dont have a good OL under contrace we dont have OLBs under contract we dont have Safties under contract we have no depth at the offene skill positions we simpley cant be handing out the kind of contract Revis wants to a CB its just not a smart football decision for us; now if we let him play the year out and see where were at next offseason maybe signing him could make sense but this offseason it just doesnt so either trade him now or let him play out the last year and see how we look next offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: