Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Dump Revis Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: The Official Dump Revis Thread Reply with quote

after his comments today i am officially done with this guy and want the Jets to move forward and milk a trade for all hes worth

this guy talks and complains more about contracts then Scott Boras and Drew Rosenhaus combined

theres no doubt hes a great player(possibly the best at position) but when have u ever heard of a team winning a super bowl or simply being consistently playoffs caliber because they have a great corner?.....Never

the only player on a team that should be talking the way that Revis talks is a fanchise QB and thats the only position that should get paid the way Revis wants to get paid

the more i hear this guy talk every offseason hes the biggest ME player ive ever since

let him walk shed no tears and move on

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for the future of the team, his situation has to be adressed this offseason. If I were the Jets, I'd rather know I at least have Cromartie, rather than trading him away, and then getting nothing at all for Revis after a year of tension. Whatever the FO has to do cap wise in terms of trades/restructures should be done to try and get this resolved by June, or they should trade him for a first round pick next year.

Rich Cimini said the other day he thinks Revis will expect to command a contract similiar to Mario Willaims, which is like QB money. Ironically though, the Jets are probably one of the few teams who would be willing and able to pay him that way, because they don't have a franchise QB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the [inappropriate/removed]?
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows what was promised to him behind closed doors last year.
I would be pissed too that mark and tone got paid
Revis deserves a lot money... but tanny F-ed up so bad we cant afford it.
Is he worth 15m/yr... i guess we'll see but im not gonna write him off for being upset when i dont know what was said privately
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care to much about what he says, tho it does get annoying to feel like he is going to hold the team hostage every 2 or 3 years for a new deal.
The most concerning part is that he is going to want 15-16 mill a year out of his next contract. I consider him the best corner in the game bar none, but no corner is worth that money. If he wanted to make that much he should have practiced throwing more as a kid. Name the last team who won the superbowl while their highest paid player was a corner... doesn't exist. I'd be amazed if anyone could name another team whose highest paid player was a corner. Maybe the Raiders when scrabble was there? Not sure if that is the example i want to follow.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just runs his mouth like most NFL players. I see him signing a long term deal. If they do trade him expect a 1st and 2nd round pick in this year draft. 49ers, Green Bay, Atlanta, Lions are some teams that will trade for him.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis is the most chill "malcontent" player I've seen. He's whining no more or less than any big name player that whines. Wherever he gets signed he'll perform and won't damage any locker room.
MP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly did he say that irked you?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to start a "Official Keep Revis Thread"

Seriously Revis hasn't said anything damaging so far. The guy deserves to be paid and everyone knows it. We paid freakin Santonio who was a headcase even when healthy and paid. Revis deserves to get paid, had people who deserved it less get paid before him. And now if he believes the front office isnt being clear with him I see no problem in what he said. People here act like he's Bad Randy Moss or something.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
What the [inappropriate/removed]?

I really did just laugh out loud because of this. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched it on NFL access too. He really didn't say anything that aggressive or anything, he was just reacting to questions he was asked during a segment on his knee recovery. He seems more hurt than anything over the issue. He's never really that good an interview under any circumstances.

You get a sense though for how this will play out all season if he doesn't get a deal done. I hope they can come to an agreement, but I don't think you can move Cromartie unless Revis is signed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to the radio on my way back from school today and they made a good point...

Revis is upset about the lingering trade rumors that the Jets haven't put to bed, but he didn't seem concerned about letting anyone know about his holdout intentions. Any in-depth fan knew that Revis had everything to lose if he were to holdout so it was never a major discussion, but he seemed content about leaving the possibility of a holdout open towards the media.

I'll make myself clear: I am in no way shape or form onboard with trading Revis. Personally, I see the injury as an opportunity to sign him at a cheaper rate. ACL injuries aren't what they used to be and I have a feeling Revis comes back stronger. Teams aren't going to offer him what he expected to get a year ago, so maybe the Jets can offer him something at market value which he would accept.
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not saying hes a bad locker room guy but im sick of all the BS that comes with this guy when it comes to contracts, NO TEAM in the history or future of the NFL will win a super bowl because of a CB and i feel like every offseason its something new with him

he is NOT worth the money he wants no CB is worth the money he wants ill go further and say no defensive player is worth that....how did those Haynesworth and Mario Williams contracts work out?

the kind of money he wants should be reserved for QBs and OL
if he gets the contract he wants from us i guarantee you we will not be close to a championship team for the length of that contract that kind of money is worth spending for an entire secondary not 1 CB(no matter how good he is and he is the best i will never take that away from him)

and wat i didnt like in his comments is that NO ONE in the Jets organization since Idzik took over started anything about a Revis trade rumor and Idzik did go out of his way to call him and say hes evaluated the whole roster he didnt have to do that seriously who is Reivs to Idzik right now? just another player he has a whole mess of a roster to look at

alos when he called himself the best player on the team(even though he is) you dont say that publicly thats a slap to the rest of the team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: