Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers DE Da'Quan Bowers arrested - charges dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Thanatos wrote:
This is why majority of the teams passed on him.

You sure it wasn't the fact that his knee compares to that of a 75 year old man?

yeah exactly.

Has he ever got in trouble with the law before, or is this a first time?

Does Tampa Bay cut him? Its not like he's doing anything there anyways it seems.

This is a first for him. We are talking about a kid who played guitar for his dad's gospel band just until recently. Very religious and this all comes out to a lapse of judgement for him. His story was that his GF surprised him with a trip to Carolina and he grabbed his luggage. When he got to the airport he realized what he had his gun and reported himself. I don't think he goes to jail at this point, unless a judge decides to go the example route like it was pointed out earlier.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Thanatos wrote:

You sure it wasn't the fact that his knee compares to that of a 75 year old man?

yeah exactly.

Does Tampa Bay cut him? Its not like he's doing anything there anyways it seems.

This is a first for him. We are talking about a kid who played guitar for his dad's gospel band just until recently. Very religious and this all comes out to a lapse of judgement for him. His story was that his GF surprised him with a trip to Carolina and he grabbed his luggage. When he got to the airport he realized what he had his gun and reported himself. I don't think he goes to jail at this point, unless a judge decides to go the example route like it was pointed out earlier.

So he wasn't 'caught' with the gun, he reported it himself?

Not sure if that's worth any jail time...

Sounds like a guy with a clean nose, just an honest mistake. Don't foresee any suspension coming his way.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Thanatos wrote:

yeah exactly.

So he wasn't 'caught' with the gun, he reported it himself?

Not sure if that's worth any jail time...

Sounds like a guy with a clean nose, just an honest mistake. Don't foresee any suspension coming his way.

Here's a link to give a little more detail.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/will-daquan-bowers-get-the-benefit-of-the-doubt-from-prosecutors/2106106

Quote:
How does that happen? As told to us, Bowers' girlfriend surprised him with the trip and they left the same day, packing in a hurry to catch their outbound flight. It appears he tried to do what he thought was the right thing before returning Monday morning, informing airline personnel about the weapon while seeking to transport it back to North Carolina.

And it looks that he will be prosecuted by Queens DA instead of the Manhattan DA like Plax was.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he went to the counter and reported it himself he doesn't deserve any jail time. If his character is that good, just the thought of jail time should scare him enough that he never slips like this again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with these guys? Why do you need that there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
If he went to the counter and reported it himself he doesn't deserve any jail time. If his character is that good, just the thought of jail time should scare him enough that he never slips like this again.

Yea now that I look into it I agree.....but you know they are already giddy to take him down.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh how dumb.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
He brought a loaded gun to a airport..... what an idiot

It doesn't make sense. It's not like he was around town or in his yard, it was an airport! You would think it's common sense.

Some people in the world just feel that rules either don't, or shouldn't apply to them. This seems to be one of those times. There really is no explanation for it. Thank goodness he's not on the Lions.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
It doesn't make sense. It's not like he was around town or in his yard, it was an airport! You would think it's common sense.
Some people in the world just feel that rules either don't, or shouldn't apply to them. This seems to be one of those times. There really is no explanation for it. Thank goodness he's not on the Lions.
This actually doesn't seem to be one of those times at all.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Has it been confirmed that Bowers' story is actually what transpired or is it just the defense he is using? Did he turn himself in or not?

Obviously completely different circumstances, but the Oscar Pistorius situation is still too fresh in my mind to simply buy into an athlete's 'playing dumb' defense without confirmation.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
CUlater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of any character issues with him. I haven't read all the links provided in this thread, but I don't believe the gun was even "loaded" per normal definition of the word. As far as I'm aware, he just had ammunition for the gun, which is considered a "loaded" weapon in NY. He also wasn't attempting to go through security; he was simply checking the luggage.

Again, some of that may be misinformation, but I also believe it was a registered weapon and I find it hard to believe that some of those here casting judgment have never made a mistake or know the various laws to every place they've ever been. I'm sure if he knew the law that he would not have declared the weapon and probably left and figured out some other means of transportation.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Has it been confirmed that Bowers' story is actually what transpired or is it just the defense he is using? Did he turn himself in or not?

Obviously completely different circumstances, but the Oscar Pistorius situation is still too fresh in my mind to simply buy into an athlete's 'playing dumb' defense without confirmation.

See the bolded. So far, I don't think anyone has just assumed his innocence. This is one of those crimes that you'd have to be so dumb to think you could get away with, that the innocence story makes more sense than the guilty one.

It's no guarantee, we all know how dumb athletes can be, but I think the odds are currently in his favor.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

See the bolded. So far, I don't think anyone has just assumed his innocence. This is one of those crimes that you'd have to be so dumb to think you could get away with, that the innocence story makes more sense than the guilty one.

It's no guarantee, we all know how dumb athletes can be, but I think the odds are currently in his favor.

Well said. I will say, though, that I don't think Bterp was implying that anyone was assuming innocence or saying that he was clearly guilty of a true wrongdoing here. I think he was just expressing that he's a little jaded, which is understandable.

I'm probably more with you here though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I didn't mean to imply that's what BTerp was suggesting. It does sound like that now, but not what I meant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So unlike everyone else in this thread, I went and read the full story. Bowers had unwittingly traveled w/ his legally registered handgun to New York. The gun had made it thru security in both North Carolina and New York. On the return trip back to Carolina, Bowers attempted to alert the airport officials that he had his legally registered weapon in his checked bag. In the state of New York b/c the weapon was not registered in the state of New York, Bowers had committed a crime. The interesting thing here is, does this law even hold up to constitutional scrutiny. To me this seems like a clear case of the the full faith & credit act not being observed. For those not understanding, the crime was not bringing the gun to the airport, it was merely having possession of it in the State of New York. If Bowers had driven to New York rather than fly, he would have been in violation of the same law as soon as he crossed the state line.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: