Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers DE Da'Quan Bowers arrested - charges dismissed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Buccaneers DE Da'Quan Bowers arrested - charges dismissed Reply with quote

Quote:
Da'Quan Bowers, a defensive end for the Buccaneers, was arrested at a check-in counter after he was found with a loaded .40 caliber firearm in his carry-on bag, spokesmen for the Port Authority and the Queens District Attorney's office said. He was about to board a US Airways flight to Raleigh, North Carolina.

He's scheduled to appear in court Monday evening.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/DaQuan-Bowers-Arrested-LaGuardia-Airport-Gun-Possession-NFL-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Rookie-Defensive-End-191722191.html

Bowers was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

The former 2nd round pick has 4.5 sacks in two NFL seasons.

***Update***
Quote:
Da'Quan Bowers' felonies and misdemeanors dismissed today, per his attorney. Pled guilty to disorderly conduct. $250 fine.

http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/statuses/322360079930249216
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the gun the laws to disagree with and he carries it to the one place you shouldn't have one. That's just dumb. I'm all for carrying a gun, hell I do, but you have to know where you can and can't carry.

UniversalAuthor
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He brought a loaded gun to a airport..... what an idiot

R.I.P. Stylish
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Buccaneers DE Da'Quan Bowers arrested for weapon possess Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Da'Quan Bowers, a defensive end for the Buccaneers, was arrested at a check-in counter after he was found with a loaded .40 caliber firearm in his carry-on bag, spokesmen for the Port Authority and the Queens District Attorney's office said. He was about to board a US Airways flight to Raleigh, North Carolina.

He's scheduled to appear in court Monday evening.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/DaQuan-Bowers-Arrested-LaGuardia-Airport-Gun-Possession-NFL-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Rookie-Defensive-End-191722191.html

Bowers was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

The former 2nd round pick has 4.5 sacks in two NFL seasons.

No way he was dumb enough to know the gun was in the bag. Reminds me of the SNL "Really?!??!" skit about Michael Vick getting caught with weed at the airport.

mike23md on the sig!
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
He brought a loaded gun to a airport..... what an idiot

It doesn't make sense. It's not like he was around town or in his yard, it was an airport! You would think it's common sense.

UniversalAuthor
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how you can forget your gun especially when going to an airport
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
I am not sure how you can forget your gun especially when going to an airport

Right, it's not like he accidentally brought the 4 oz container of mouthwash when only 3 oz is permissible. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but cmon!
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a moron.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Buccaneers DE Da'Quan Bowers arrested for weapon possess Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
No way he was dumb enough to know the gun was in the bag. Reminds me of the SNL "Really?!??!" skit about Michael Vick getting caught with weed at the airport.

Then he is an idiot for not knowing whats in his bag!!!

Either way dude is DUMB!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
What a moron.

tylerdouglass wrote:
Back to football fellas. Keep it on topic.

I thought Bowers was pretty effective last year and the knee issue worries me a lot more than this incident. If he misses time, it likely won't be much so it shouldn't affect the Bucs too much. I think they need to address their D-Line and Secondary even if Bowers is there for all 16.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
What a moron.

tylerdouglass wrote:

I thought Bowers was pretty effective last year and the knee issue worries me a lot more than this incident. If he misses time, it likely won't be much so it shouldn't affect the Bucs too much. I think they need to address their D-Line and Secondary even if Bowers is there for all 16.

You realize that quote was pulled from a thread where members were completely off topic and had resorted to insulting each other, right? Before trying to use my own words against me, please understand the context of the quote you're using.

Discussing the mental capacity of a player who is likely facing criminal charges for carrying a loaded handgun into an airport and trying to check it as a carry on is absolutely on topic. Especially considering discussion of said player and this developing situation is the reason the thread was created in the first place.

I don't know why you felt as though you needed to step in here, but in the future PM a mod rather than deal with it yourself. That's been the policy of FF for as long as I've been here, which mean that's been the policy as long as you've been here as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
What a moron.

tylerdouglass wrote:

I think you're misapplying the keep it to football quote. Debating gun laws would be getting off topic, but saying this was dumb of him is not off-topic.

Anyway, I remember Bowers was projected to be a top-5 pick at one point. Personally I thought their Dline would be dominating with him and McCoy. Any word on how he's looked from Bucs fans (outside of the pedestrian sack numbers)?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
You would think it's common sense.
I've learned to never underestimate the prevailing trend of stupidity in young (and sometimes veteran) professional athletes.

But any way you slice this story, it's still amazing to me that this type of thing still happens.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. What an idiot. Now I can understand why he is struggling to adapt to the NFL.
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is charged with the same crime as Plaxico Burress, looks like he is going to jail for a year

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: