Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Da'Quan Bowers arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say that hasn't already been said? You really have to be an idiot to show up to an airport with a loaded firearm. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess the push on the FO to keep Michael Bennett just got a little more intense. I really dont see, especially now, how we dont at least franchise him. Clayborn, Bennett, Te'o Nesheim and possibley a FA or draft pick. We have no choice but to keep Bennett now. We are screwed if we dont.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
So I guess the push on the FO to keep Michael Bennett just got a little more intense. I really dont see, especially now, how we dont at least franchise him. Clayborn, Bennett, Te'o Nesheim and possibley a FA or draft pick. We have no choice but to keep Bennett now. We are screwed if we dont.

I want Bennett back but not at the point of overpaying him his worth. He's testing the market for a reason. I think that's why we aren't linked to franchising him at 10.65 million bc he's not a top 5 DE. Shouldn't be paid like one either.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I didn't this charge was in NY. I live 15mins from NYC in jersey. bowers is done. NY don't play with guns. They put away a Super Bowl hero and lil Wayne a superstar, u think they give a F about Bowers? Whelp tag Bennett
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

I want Bennett back but not at the point of overpaying him his worth. He's testing the market for a reason. I think that's why we aren't linked to franchising him at 10.65 million bc he's not a top 5 DE. Shouldn't be paid like one either.

As much as I don't want to overpay too, I'd rather do it for our own than say a Cliff Avril who isn't worth a dang in the run game. Plus Bennett has shown continuous improvement. Good DL are a dime a dozen and we shouldn't let one walk for nothing. I don't like the idea of $10 mil for 1 season either but giving him another year to prove himself seems like the best option right now. Honestly, we can't afford to lose him with the present situation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Wow I didn't this charge was in NY. I live 15mins from NYC in jersey. bowers is done. NY don't play with guns. They put away a Super Bowl hero and lil Wayne a superstar, u think they give a F about Bowers? Whelp tag Bennett

I didn't know that you lived in Jersey...

What's really confusing here is that the gun was registered to Bowers. How the hell did he get the gun in NYC? Did he have it in his carry-on when he flew into NYC Shocked

Maybe he gets leniency because he voluntarily told airport employees that he had it in his bag. I don't know. Realistically though, we need to be thinking about a DLine with Bowers out of the picture. NYC doesn't mess around with guns.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

That's a good point. NY doesn't mess around and they don't care who you are..this screams at least 2 years of jail.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure if Bowers is completely f'd or not his lawyer released a statement saying theres a big difference in ruling when it comes down to if gun was loaded (one in the chamber) or not. I read he had the gun and clip in the same bag which in new york in considered loaded but not one in the chamber. plus this could take a year before it goes to trial
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these are good points to consider, the situation with Bowers may not be as bad as it first looked. Another thing to consider, after Talib's arrest for the gun play that he was chargesd with, he was allowed to continue playing as he had not been convicted of anything yet. I read that it is entirely possible that Bowers may not go to trial, if it comes to that, until the 2013 season has concluded. That would delay any decision that the team would have to make until the 2014 draft.

In the meantime we can hope that the circumstances allow this to be plead down to a misdemeanor and thus maybe no jail time, just a fine and/or community service. Even if the NFL hands down a suspension, that would be a better situation than a stretch in the joint. Right now, we just have to wait and hope that this all turns out OK for him, as well as the team.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why........................

the airport is the WORST place to take a gun to there is like NO WAY that you can sneak one on a plane.....wtf just how stupid is this guy

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
All of these are good points to consider, the situation with Bowers may not be as bad as it first looked. Another thing to consider, after Talib's arrest for the gun play that he was chargesd with, he was allowed to continue playing as he had not been convicted of anything yet. I read that it is entirely possible that Bowers may not go to trial, if it comes to that, until the 2013 season has concluded. That would delay any decision that the team would have to make until the 2014 draft.

In the meantime we can hope that the circumstances allow this to be plead down to a misdemeanor and thus maybe no jail time, just a fine and/or community service. Even if the NFL hands down a suspension, that would be a better situation than a stretch in the joint. Right now, we just have to wait and hope that this all turns out OK for him, as well as the team.

First off this is 100% different from the Talib situation. This was a loaded gun in his carry on about to board a plane in New York. Something that is taken very very seriously.
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:

First off this is 100% different from the Talib situation. This was a loaded gun in his carry on about to board a plane in New York. Something that is taken very very seriously.

What.....that is more dangerous than shooting a gun at someone in a subdivision? Do you think that the NFL is going to punish him prior to a trial? They didn't treat Talib that way, how does this become different?
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:

So turning in your gun before you get on the plane is a more serious offense then pistol-whipping a man and shooting at him? I'm not saying Bowers wasn't in the wrong, but he deserves a lot more slack than Talib seeing as this is his first arrest (from what I know) and his actions weren't nearly as bad.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets wait until all the facts are out
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:

So turning in your gun before you get on the plane is a more serious offense then pistol-whipping a man and shooting at him? I'm not saying Bowers wasn't in the wrong, but he deserves a lot more slack than Talib seeing as this is his first arrest (from what I know) and his actions weren't nearly as bad.

Bringing a loaded gun on a plane is perceived as a serious threat to our country. So yes. They don't know deqwan personally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: