Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

pre combine mock offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsryan24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: pre combine mock offseason Reply with quote

This is how i see the whole offseason possibly playing out now with trades, free agency, cuts, and the depth chart. It was reported that Eagles would spend about 80 percent of their money in free agency on defense. You will see here that almost 100 percent of it actually used, with all the cap room relieved by being able to trade Cole and Asomugha. I dont think the franchise QB will be known until 2014.

CUTS/NOT RESIGNED-King Dunlap, Chris Polk, Trent Edwards, Akeem Jordan, Derek Landri, Kurt Coleman, Jake Scott, Mat McBriar

RESIGNED- Dominique Rodgers- Cromartie CB 3 years 22 million, Colt Anderson S 3 years 5 million, Jon Dorenbos LS 4 years 3.5 million

FREE AGENCY- Kenny Phillips S 5 years 30 million (team opt out after 2 years), Cary Williams CB 3 years 20 million, Sammie Lee Hill NT 2 years 5 million, Antwan Barnes LB 2 years 6 million, Josh Johnson QB 1 year minimum

TRADES- Nick Foles traded to KC for 2013 3rd round pick, Trent Cole traded to NE for 2013 4th round pick, Nnamdi Asomugha traded to OAK for 7th round pick

1) Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M- It sounds more and more likely the Chiefs may select Geno Smith with their first pick unless they trade for our own Nick Foles. If Joeckel is available you take him its a no brainer. Joeckel starts out at RT then replaces Peters eventually at LT, Herremans moves back inside to LG.

2) John Jenkins NT Georgia- Jenkins is a MOUNTAIN of a man and will come in and be the big guy at NT that the Eagles don't have on this roster currently. A lot like a former another former Georgia guy Casey Hampton.

3a) Kyle Long OG/OT Oregon- Kelly gets one of his guys at Oregon in Long. Long will be the primary backup interior lineman and eventually replace Todd Herremans or Evan Mathis at OG. Danny Watkins at this point may just be fighting to get a roster spot. Having quality depth along the offensive line was clearly a problem last year.

3b) DJ Swearinger S South Carolina- I would love Jonathan Cyprien to be available here but I don't see that happening anymore. Swearinger is a hard hitter and is good in coverage as well. He could be a steal at this point in the draft and will likely start at SS immediately as well.

4a) Michael Buchanan DE/LB Illinois- Buchanan has been looked reportedly been being looked at by the Eagles as a LB. Buchanan may come in and compete for a job as a SAM LB or as the Predator DE/LB, but that will likely be given to Cole, Graham or Curry. Curry may also compete with Buchanan as the SAM LB as well but competition is good in camp.

4b) Jordan Hill DT/DE Penn State- Hill could eventually be the perfect replacement for Jenkins as the strong side DE in the 4-3 under or he will at the very least provide depth behind Fletcher Cox as the backup at UT.

5) Tharold Simon CB LSU-Simon came out too early at LSU and could of been picked a lot higher if he stayed for another year. Simon could be developed behind whoever is brought in at CB which i think wil likely be adressed via FA. Asomugha is too expensive to cut unfortunately so maybe Billy Davis can light a fire under him.

6) Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State- Boyd is a former teammate of current Eagle Fletcher Cox. Boyd could be suprise and eventually replace Cullen Jenkins as the big DE on the strong side like a Derek Wolfe, Red Bryant, Lamarr Houston, etc.

6*) PJ Lonergan C LSU- Lonergan is strictly a guy for depth. Maybe he will become something if Kelce doesn't fit the new offense. If the offensive line needs to be anything like it was at Alabama for our new Oline coach then Kelce will likely need to be replaced so dont be suprised if someone like Barrett Jones is picked earlier on.

7a) Michael Mauti LB Penn State-Although Mauti is hurt right now it is possible he may be available for the 2013 season. If not he may spend a year on the practice squad or IR. He could be a diamond in the rough after a couple years of learning.

7b) Levine Toilolo TE Stanford- a boom or bust type of pick here. Has the size and physical tools to be a great player but was stuck behind Zach Ertz at TE. Could at the very least be a reliable redzone target.

7*) Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- Hawkinson may have a chance to be the last offensive lineman to make the team.

*=projected compensatory pick

DEPTH

QB- Vick, Dixon, Johnson
RB- McCoy, Brown, Lewis
FB- Havilli
WR- Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Johnson
TE- Celek, Harbor, Toilolo
LT- Peters, Hawkinson
LG- Mathis, Long
C- Kelce, Lonergan
RG- Herremans, Watkins
RT- Joeckel, Kelly

LE- C.Jenkins, J.Hill, Thornton
NT- J.Jenkins, S.Hill, Dixon
UT- Cox, J.Hill, Thornton, Boyd
RE- Graham, Curry, Buchanan
SLB- Barnes, Buchanan
MLB- Ryans, Matthews
WLB- Kendricks, Chaney
CB- Rodgers-Cromartie, Williams, Boykin, Simon, Marsh
FS- Swearinger, Allen
SS- Phillips, Anderson
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont like the Barnes signing....been there done that.

Why cut McBriar? He did fine last year I thought.

Jenkins wont fall that far, hes supposed to go late 1st round.

Eagles wont trade Foles unless they are blown away by an offer, so trading him for a 3rd wont happen...

Cole to NE for a 4th round pick? That seems kinda low to me..

Very doubtful some of the things you posted will happen...
dsryan24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyEagles wrote:
Dont like the Barnes signing....been there done that.

Why cut McBriar? He did fine last year I thought.

Jenkins wont fall that far, hes supposed to go late 1st round.

Eagles wont trade Foles unless they are blown away by an offer, so trading him for a 3rd wont happen...

Cole to NE for a 4th round pick? That seems kinda low to me..

Very doubtful some of the things you posted will happen...

im doubtful they will happen as well thats why its called a MOCK offseason
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If doubtful - why post it.....
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnamdi wont be traded.....noone is going to want his contract. Especially Oakland, who are hurtin for cap space.

hate the Kyle Long pick with the KC pick.... essentially a 2nd rounder for a backup.

is kenny phillips, who has screwy knees, a top 5 safety? b/c you're paying him like one.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakland won't do that trade. And while I like Kenny Philips, rumors is his knees are done.

Don't like Cary Williams, rest of FA is solid.

Draft is alright. Little too trench heavy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore would be stupid to let Cary Williams go, I can't stand him as a person but he is one hell of a CB

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Baltimore would be stupid to let Cary Williams go, I can't stand him as a person but he is one hell of a CB

Am I the only one who thinks Cary stinks?

The few games I seen them in this year 4-6 he have been burnt quite a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKEaglesFan wrote:

Yeah seriously? Dont you think before you post???

Laughing
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyEagles wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:

Yeah seriously? Dont you think before you post???

Laughing

Think? Don't have time for that!
eagles12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillips is constantly injured, Foles won't be traded, like the front office has stated, unless they get a first round or early 2nd round pick, Williams out of Alabama is more likely than jenkins, If you take a tackle with the first pick why would you take another tackle so early with a 3rd round pick when there are needs across the board, FA is ehhh.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:

Cary is terrible Laughing Laughing

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP: You said that this is how you see the offseason playing out....but then you say "im doubtful they will happen as well thats why its called a MOCK offseason". Do I even need to explain myself here?

As for the mock.....not very good. It's not even realistic.

You're off your rocker if you think DRC is gonna sign a 3 yr/22 mil contract. Wayyy too much money for Kenny Phillips. Cary Williams will also get more than a 3 year deal and I don't even like him that much.

As for the draft/trades..........Trading Cole is absolutely beyond stupid. Good luck getting a bag of peanuts for Nnamdi. And if KC did trade for Foles...then how do you expect us to draft Luke Joeckel? If they got Foles, isn't it the safe assumption that they will take Joeckel at #1?

Jenkins isn't lasting to the 2nd. Swearinger is the only pick I really like.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid is not going to select Geno Smith #1 overall and trade a 3rd for Nick Foles. If KC trades for Foles then Joeckel won't be there at #4 unless Andy for some reason goes Star instead which I doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The money on all of the resigns isn't remotely close.
Free agents are bad.
The trade are out in left field.
You draft is a pipe dream. I see no scenario in which the best Linemen in the draft makes it to number 4. Taking another Linemen in the 3rd? I don't get it. With the shape this team is in, the 3rd round player picked this coming draft should be starting at some point this coming season.
Depending on what or defensive scheme actually is, Jenkins looks like he may not fit with what we are doing.
All And all just not very good.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: