Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine + Pro Day info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams flock to Gainesville to take in Florida workout

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21861759/pro-days-teams-flock-to-gainesville-to-take-in-florida-workout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21867755/pro-day-strong-positional-workouts-the-story-at-ucla

Strong positional workouts the story at UCLA

Quote:
After strong performances at the Senior Bowl and combine, UCLA stars Datone Jones and Johnathan Franklin knew they didn't have to do much at their Pro Day in terms of timed workouts and they didn't, choosing instead to focus on positional drills. With only UCLA and NFL personnel allowed into the workout, specific numbers weren't immediately available. However, one source on hand who did see the workouts was willing to provide a general overview of some of the positional workouts turned in by UCLA's most prominent prospects. Jones, according to the source, demonstrated the light feet and good upper body explosiveness during bag drills he'd used in racking up 17 1/2 tackles for loss as a senior.

more on Joe Fauria in there..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan Allen's Cal Pro Day plans foiled by injured knee

Quote:
Keenan Allen hoped to show off his route-running skills in front of NFL scouts Thursday at Cal's Pro Day. His cranky left knee had other ideas. "In warm-ups, it didn't feel too good," said Allen, a potential first-round pick in April's NFL draft. He never planned to run the all-important 40-yard dash on Wednesday but hoped to be healthy enough to run pass patterns. "I was frustrated," he said. "(The knee) hasn't been feeling normal since I tweaked it." Allen is expected to run the 40 at a workout for scouts next month in Greensboro, N.C., his hometown.

http://www.mercurynews.com/cal-bears/ci_22792104/keenan-allens-cal-pro-day-plans-foiled-by?source=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/03/alabama_pro_day_results_speed.html

some mildly interesting results from Bama's pro day...

the already mentioned 4.9 /40 of Jesse Williams...

the unsavory 5.4 /40 of TE Mike Williams...

Robert Lester with a 4.65 /40 ---- (4.66 at Combine)

Barrett Jones belts out 27 reps on the bench

Lester, only 7, yo?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Teams flock to Gainesville to take in Florida workout

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21861759/pro-days-teams-flock-to-gainesville-to-take-in-florida-workout

Quote:
Kicker Caleb Sturgis also helped his cause by showing an explosive leg, including hitting a 58-yard field goal on the rain-soaked field.

my favorite kicker in the draft.. 8/9 from 40+ and 3/4 total misses this year were blocked.. wouldn't mind taking him even in the 5th to ensure we have at least 1 leg we feel good about in camp.

-kiltman
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Guess I got no problem with a K in rd 5, if he's good.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6860

Quote:
- As reported earlier, defensive tackle William Campbell measured 6045/311lbs, timed 4.98s-to-5.08s in the forty and completed 35 reps on the bench. The New York Jets and New England Patriots have workouts planned for Campbell, whom I felt should have been invited to the combine.

- Datone Jones/DL stood on his combine numbers yet looked outstanding during drills. Jones was quick, fluid and easily moved in every direction of the field. He’s likely cemented himself as a first round choice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon State Pro Day: Jordan Poyer, Markus Wheaton look good

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21885846/oregon-state-pro-day-poyer-and-wheaton-look-good-watkins-tests-well

Quote:
Both Poyer and Wheaton looked good during their positional drills with one scout saying “neither did much to help or hurt themselves today.”

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/03/oregon_state_pro_day_wheaton_a.html

Quote:
“I don’t necessarily have blazing speed, but everybody knows that,” said Poyer, who ran a 4.46 in the 40 at the Combine and didn’t run Friday. “I understand what I can and can’t do, and I use my brain. That’s what sets me apart. “Some guys are just Combine guys. They come in and run a fast 40, jump a high vertical, do all the drills right, but they can’t play a lick of football. They don’t know where to line up, what’s coming, what to expect, and that’s where I separate myself.” Poyer said he’s heard he will go anywhere from late first round to early third round but is quick to point out, “No one knows what’s going on in those war rooms … And all of those (projections) sound pretty damn cool if you ask me.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Oregon State Pro Day: Jordan Poyer, Markus Wheaton look good

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21885846/oregon-state-pro-day-poyer-and-wheaton-look-good-watkins-tests-well

Quote:
Both Poyer and Wheaton looked good during their positional drills with one scout saying “neither did much to help or hurt themselves today.”

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/03/oregon_state_pro_day_wheaton_a.html

Quote:
“I don’t necessarily have blazing speed, but everybody knows that,” said Poyer, who ran a 4.46 in the 40 at the Combine and didn’t run Friday. “I understand what I can and can’t do, and I use my brain. That’s what sets me apart. “Some guys are just Combine guys. They come in and run a fast 40, jump a high vertical, do all the drills right, but they can’t play a lick of football. They don’t know where to line up, what’s coming, what to expect, and that’s where I separate myself.” Poyer said he’s heard he will go anywhere from late first round to early third round but is quick to point out, “No one knows what’s going on in those war rooms … And all of those (projections) sound pretty damn cool if you ask me.”

sounds like a guy i would love on this team.

new sig... sorry alex
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Pro-Day-Review-March-16th.html

Quote:
After a disappointing Combine, Gholston needed to step up at his Pro Day to have any chance of being drafted in the first two rounds, but he did not do so. When he ran in the high 4.9’s at the Combine, many expected he would improve upon that at his Pro Day, but when he ran a 5.00 40 it was not a good start to the day. Not only was his 40 time disappointing, but his positional workout did not impress as teams came away feeling he definitely is a “tweener.” A long and linear DE, Gholston did not show the foot quickness or explosiveness during the workout, which only accentuated what he showed on film in 2012, to threaten the corner as an edge pass rusher. At the same time he did not show good flexibility to maintain leverage to be an effective two gap player. Most concerning however was the lack of aggressiveness, intensity and passion that Gholston displayed during the workout. An NFL source in attendance told me that Gholston’s demeanor throughout the workout made them question if he has the mental makeup to handle being a five technique who has to anchor and physically control blocker.

Sims looked in even better shape than he was at the Combine and an excellent workout. For such a big tight end, he displayed shocking balance, body control and coordination running routes and catching passes. His hands and ball skills catching passes were extremely impressive throughout the workout. Almost as impressive was his ability to bend knees and sink hips to maintain good leverage throughout the blocking drills.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Harbaugh attended the SJSU pro day...Ryan Otten? I think he'd be a good project behind Davis. Other than that, the only other news of note was Jeff Garcia threw passes and chatted up JH. Of course, people on other boards were talking it up as if Garcia would be Kaep's backup next year. Laughable. But, jw, could he still be added on as a positional coach for this season?
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronjon09 wrote:
Jim Harbaugh attended the SJSU pro day...Ryan Otten? I think he'd be a good project behind Davis. Other than that, the only other news of note was Jeff Garcia threw passes and chatted up JH. Of course, people on other boards were talking it up as if Garcia would be Kaep's backup next year. Laughable. But, jw, could he still be added on as a positional coach for this season?

Maybe. I like Geep as our QB coach, but Jeff could be looking to get into coaching soon. I heard he was also helping out Jamarcus Russell with his comeback. Maybe when Roman gets a HC gig, we move Geep to OC and hire Jeff as the new QB coach.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
ronjon09

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:

Maybe. I like Geep as our QB coach, but Jeff could be looking to get into coaching soon. I heard he was also helping out Jamarcus Russell with his comeback. Maybe when Roman gets a HC gig, we move Geep to OC and hire Jeff as the new QB coach.

Essentially what I was thinking. Jeff has the reputation of a smart QB (great for QB Coaches) already, if Russell even gets CLOSE to a comeback, his reputation for working with guys will get a boost (yes, I believe Russell will at least get minor looks, but NOTHING more).
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FSU DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine completed 32 bench press reps at the school's pro day.

This is four better than Carradine posted at the Combine. Expect the stud pass rusher to workout just before the NFL Draft in late April, and if cleared medically, expect a top-20 selection.

roto

Quote:
Mike Catapano / DE / Princeton
pro-day; 6037/271lbs, 4.70s-to-4.75s/40, 33-reps, 37.5vert, 7.03 3cone..DL coaches from Bengals/Eagles on hand

Quote:
from Utah pro-day; Star Lotulelei / DT completes 38 reps on bench...received a time of 5.19s in forty.."official" pro-day times, or as official as they get, likely around 5.15- still very good...

Quote:
Cooper Taylor / S / Richmond: 6046/228lbs, 36.5 VJ, 10-7 BJ, 23 reps, 4.2 short shuttle, 6.9 3cone...good performance

Quote:
Rice Pro Day: Luke's Wilson - TE.
6'5"2 & 251 pounds. As fast as 4.49-40,, 38" vertical, 23 bench, 4.24 short shuttle and 7.03 L drill.

https://twitter.com/TonyPauline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me like more guys are moving into the first round than moving out. Jesse Williams, Tank Carradine, Poyer, Star (being medically cleared), Arthur Brown this is good it means we should have really talented players there at picks #31 and #34

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FSU DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine completed 32 bench press reps at the school's pro day.

This is four better than Carradine posted at the Combine. Expect the stud pass rusher to workout just before the NFL Draft in late April, and if cleared medically, expect a top-20 selection.

My man! Had in my mock.

Quote:
from Utah pro-day; Star Lotulelei / DT completes 38 reps on bench...received a time of 5.19s in forty.."official" pro-day times, or as official as they get, likely around 5.15- still very good...

My ultimate dream ever!!!!

Quote:
Cooper Taylor / S / Richmond: 6046/228lbs, 36.5 VJ, 10-7 BJ, 23 reps, 4.2 short shuttle, 6.9 3cone...good performance

My sleeper safety. Had him in my mock.

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: