Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine + Pro Day info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40145
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really didn't like Ansah out in space changing directions... but that's just me.

A.J. Klien, I like a lot as an ILB, if we want one in the 4th/5th rds.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14413
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Really didn't like Ansah out in space changing directions... but that's just me.

A.J. Klien, I like a lot as an ILB, if we want one in the 4th/5th rds.


Yeah, looked really stiff. Did you happen to see David Bass do any drills?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40145
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Really didn't like Ansah out in space changing directions... but that's just me.

A.J. Klien, I like a lot as an ILB, if we want one in the 4th/5th rds.


Yeah, looked really stiff. Did you happen to see David Bass do any drills?


I didn't. NFLN went to commercial on everything he did, I think. I could have gone over to nfl.com then, but my laptop is loading it so slowly, I just didn't bother trying. I see he ran a 4.84, but did have a 1.67 10 split. Can't say I know or have seen much of him at all... but remember some folks talking like he's a really good athlete that can play rush LB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3114
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o ran forty times of 4.80 and 4.81 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Although Te'o was an efficient tackler, team leader, and effective run defender in Notre Dame's 3-4 defense, he is not a truly explosive athlete in the Daryl Washington or Navorro Bowman mold. Curtis Lofton might be a better comparison. Te'o still projects as a potential first-rounder, though late among the top 32, and we wouldn't be shocked if he fell into day two because he's not a truly "special" talent. It has much more to do with Te'o's athleticism and on-field skill set than the Lennay Kekua hoax, though.


roto

Think
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14413
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Really didn't like Ansah out in space changing directions... but that's just me.

A.J. Klien, I like a lot as an ILB, if we want one in the 4th/5th rds.


Yeah, looked really stiff. Did you happen to see David Bass do any drills?


I didn't. NFLN went to commercial on everything he did, I think. I could have gone over to nfl.com then, but my laptop is loading it so slowly, I just didn't bother trying. I see he ran a 4.84, but did have a 1.67 10 split. Can't say I know or have seen much of him at all... but remember some folks talking like he's a really good athlete that can play rush LB.


I asked because I'm always interested in guys that were productive in college, and he had over 40 sacks. Small school guy so wondering if his skills translate to the next level.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40145
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o ran forty times of 4.80 and 4.81 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Although Te'o was an efficient tackler, team leader, and effective run defender in Notre Dame's 3-4 defense, he is not a truly explosive athlete in the Daryl Washington or Navorro Bowman mold. Curtis Lofton might be a better comparison. Te'o still projects as a potential first-rounder, though late among the top 32, and we wouldn't be shocked if he fell into day two because he's not a truly "special" talent. It has much more to do with Te'o's athleticism and on-field skill set than the Lennay Kekua hoax, though.


roto

Think


No surprise to me. Might seem like a sudden and hard fall... but he just looks so unimpressive today. So it's just an issue of if scouts love his Notre Dame tape. (if they think he's a true gamer VS an athletic dazzler)

Ogletree also looked underwhelming in the COD drill... Ask me for a surprise 1st rd ILB? and I'd have to honestly say Kevin Reddick from N.C. Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13366
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Really didn't like Ansah out in space changing directions... but that's just me.

A.J. Klien, I like a lot as an ILB, if we want one in the 4th/5th rds.


Yeah, looked really stiff. Did you happen to see David Bass do any drills?


I didn't. NFLN went to commercial on everything he did, I think. I could have gone over to nfl.com then, but my laptop is loading it so slowly, I just didn't bother trying. I see he ran a 4.84, but did have a 1.67 10 split. Can't say I know or have seen much of him at all... but remember some folks talking like he's a really good athlete that can play rush LB.


I asked because I'm always interested in guys that were productive in college, and he had over 40 sacks. Small school guy so wondering if his skills translate to the next level.



Sure, these guys skills translate.. look at Bruce Miller. Wink
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2120
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Really didn't like Ansah out in space changing directions... but that's just me.


I actually thought the opposite. I thought he looked like one of the smoother DL to LB converts doing the drills. Him and Jordan were definitely the most fluid looking imo.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40145
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Really didn't like Ansah out in space changing directions... but that's just me.


I actually thought the opposite. I thought he looked like one of the smoother DL to LB converts doing the drills. Him and Jordan were definitely the most fluid looking imo.


Hmmm.... interesting. I thought his balance in his turns was poor... not fluid when changing directions. I did record this stuff... but you saying that will make sure I take another look.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3114
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore managed a forty time of 4.95 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Moore did better in the broad jump (10-foot-2) and vertical leap (35 1/2 inches), but the forty time is slow for an undersized, 250-pound defensive end. Moore did not help his stock in Indianapolis, failing to quash concerns about his explosive ability or lack thereof. He projects as a middle to late first-rounder.

roto.

I don't see him as a top five pick anymore.
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13366
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore managed a forty time of 4.95 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Moore did better in the broad jump (10-foot-2) and vertical leap (35 1/2 inches), but the forty time is slow for an undersized, 250-pound defensive end. Moore did not help his stock in Indianapolis, failing to quash concerns about his explosive ability or lack thereof. He projects as a middle to late first-rounder.

roto.

I don't see him as a top five pick anymore.



I never really saw him as a top 5 guy. I felt he benifitted from the Von Miller hype as the next pass rusher from Texas A&M. I watched him play a little, supposing scouts and analysts saw something I didn't. After all, I'm the idiot who predicted Aldon would get only 12 sacks per season, what do I know...
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9342
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dion jordan will go top 5. with out a doubt the best olb. so quick and a physical freak. great size
and oh SO SMOOOTHHHHHH. hips looked great, and just looked so natural

but realistic olbs for us in the 2-5 range. like them all before and each put up great numbers in the 40, 10 split, vert, broad, bench

Player College Height Weight Arm Length Hand Length 40 Yard 10 Yard Reps Vertical Shuttle Cone Jump


-Trevardo Williams Connecticut 6'1 1/4 241 32 1/4 9 3/8 4.57 1.61 30 38 - - 10'4

-Cornelius Washington Georgia 6040 265 34 9 1/2 4.55 1.60 36 39 - - 10'8

-Corey Lemonier Auburn 6'3 3/8 255 34 1/2 10 1/8 4.60 1.57 27 33 - - 9'11

-Sio Moore Connecticut 6'0 3/4 245 33 5/8 10 1/4 4.65 1.62 29 38 4.31 7.49 10'7


And i didnt know anything about this guy. but he blew it up. 41.5 vert. 11'7 vert (the highest at the combine, i believe) Shocked

Jamie Collins Southern Mississippi 6'3 1/2 250 33 3/4 9 3/4 4.64 1.56 19 41.5 4.32 7.10 11'7


i think we might come away with one of these guys. and i would be very happy. all had good to very good college production besides washington
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex


Last edited by 49ers Finest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2120
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
And i didnt know anything about this guy. but he blew it up. 41.5 vert. 11'7 vert (the highest at the combine, i believe) Shocked

Jamie Collins Southern Mississippi 6'3 1/2 250 33 3/4 9 3/4 4.64 1.56 19 41.5 4.32 7.10 11'7


I'm a big fan of Collins. Incredible athlete. He played DB his freshman year and kept growing until until he was playing on the d-line.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40145
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ would not mind Washington or Lemonier, if there in the 3rd rd...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13366
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
^ would not mind Washington or Lemonier, if there in the 3rd rd...


Shotgun!

You're driving, right?
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 16 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group