Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine + Pro Day info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really didn't like Ansah out in space changing directions... but that's just me.

A.J. Klien, I like a lot as an ILB, if we want one in the 4th/5th rds.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Really didn't like Ansah out in space changing directions... but that's just me.

Yeah, looked really stiff. Did you happen to see David Bass do any drills?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I didn't. NFLN went to commercial on everything he did, I think. I could have gone over to nfl.com then, but my laptop is loading it so slowly, I just didn't bother trying. I see he ran a 4.84, but did have a 1.67 10 split. Can't say I know or have seen much of him at all... but remember some folks talking like he's a really good athlete that can play rush LB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o ran forty times of 4.80 and 4.81 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Although Te'o was an efficient tackler, team leader, and effective run defender in Notre Dame's 3-4 defense, he is not a truly explosive athlete in the Daryl Washington or Navorro Bowman mold. Curtis Lofton might be a better comparison. Te'o still projects as a potential first-rounder, though late among the top 32, and we wouldn't be shocked if he fell into day two because he's not a truly "special" talent. It has much more to do with Te'o's athleticism and on-field skill set than the Lennay Kekua hoax, though.

roto

Think
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I didn't. NFLN went to commercial on everything he did, I think. I could have gone over to nfl.com then, but my laptop is loading it so slowly, I just didn't bother trying. I see he ran a 4.84, but did have a 1.67 10 split. Can't say I know or have seen much of him at all... but remember some folks talking like he's a really good athlete that can play rush LB.

I asked because I'm always interested in guys that were productive in college, and he had over 40 sacks. Small school guy so wondering if his skills translate to the next level.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o ran forty times of 4.80 and 4.81 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Although Te'o was an efficient tackler, team leader, and effective run defender in Notre Dame's 3-4 defense, he is not a truly explosive athlete in the Daryl Washington or Navorro Bowman mold. Curtis Lofton might be a better comparison. Te'o still projects as a potential first-rounder, though late among the top 32, and we wouldn't be shocked if he fell into day two because he's not a truly "special" talent. It has much more to do with Te'o's athleticism and on-field skill set than the Lennay Kekua hoax, though.

roto

Think

No surprise to me. Might seem like a sudden and hard fall... but he just looks so unimpressive today. So it's just an issue of if scouts love his Notre Dame tape. (if they think he's a true gamer VS an athletic dazzler)

Ogletree also looked underwhelming in the COD drill... Ask me for a surprise 1st rd ILB? and I'd have to honestly say Kevin Reddick from N.C. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I asked because I'm always interested in guys that were productive in college, and he had over 40 sacks. Small school guy so wondering if his skills translate to the next level.

Sure, these guys skills translate.. look at Bruce Miller. Wink

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:

I actually thought the opposite. I thought he looked like one of the smoother DL to LB converts doing the drills. Him and Jordan were definitely the most fluid looking imo.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I actually thought the opposite. I thought he looked like one of the smoother DL to LB converts doing the drills. Him and Jordan were definitely the most fluid looking imo.

Hmmm.... interesting. I thought his balance in his turns was poor... not fluid when changing directions. I did record this stuff... but you saying that will make sure I take another look.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore managed a forty time of 4.95 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Moore did better in the broad jump (10-foot-2) and vertical leap (35 1/2 inches), but the forty time is slow for an undersized, 250-pound defensive end. Moore did not help his stock in Indianapolis, failing to quash concerns about his explosive ability or lack thereof. He projects as a middle to late first-rounder.

roto.

I don't see him as a top five pick anymore.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore managed a forty time of 4.95 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Moore did better in the broad jump (10-foot-2) and vertical leap (35 1/2 inches), but the forty time is slow for an undersized, 250-pound defensive end. Moore did not help his stock in Indianapolis, failing to quash concerns about his explosive ability or lack thereof. He projects as a middle to late first-rounder.

roto.

I don't see him as a top five pick anymore.

I never really saw him as a top 5 guy. I felt he benifitted from the Von Miller hype as the next pass rusher from Texas A&M. I watched him play a little, supposing scouts and analysts saw something I didn't. After all, I'm the idiot who predicted Aldon would get only 12 sacks per season, what do I know...

49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dion jordan will go top 5. with out a doubt the best olb. so quick and a physical freak. great size
and oh SO SMOOOTHHHHHH. hips looked great, and just looked so natural

but realistic olbs for us in the 2-5 range. like them all before and each put up great numbers in the 40, 10 split, vert, broad, bench

Player College Height Weight Arm Length Hand Length 40 Yard 10 Yard Reps Vertical Shuttle Cone Jump

-Trevardo Williams Connecticut 6'1 1/4 241 32 1/4 9 3/8 4.57 1.61 30 38 - - 10'4

-Cornelius Washington Georgia 6040 265 34 9 1/2 4.55 1.60 36 39 - - 10'8

-Corey Lemonier Auburn 6'3 3/8 255 34 1/2 10 1/8 4.60 1.57 27 33 - - 9'11

-Sio Moore Connecticut 6'0 3/4 245 33 5/8 10 1/4 4.65 1.62 29 38 4.31 7.49 10'7

And i didnt know anything about this guy. but he blew it up. 41.5 vert. 11'7 vert (the highest at the combine, i believe) Shocked

Jamie Collins Southern Mississippi 6'3 1/2 250 33 3/4 9 3/4 4.64 1.56 19 41.5 4.32 7.10 11'7

i think we might come away with one of these guys. and i would be very happy. all had good to very good college production besides washington

new sig... sorry alex

Last edited by 49ers Finest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
And i didnt know anything about this guy. but he blew it up. 41.5 vert. 11'7 vert (the highest at the combine, i believe) Shocked

Jamie Collins Southern Mississippi 6'3 1/2 250 33 3/4 9 3/4 4.64 1.56 19 41.5 4.32 7.10 11'7

I'm a big fan of Collins. Incredible athlete. He played DB his freshman year and kept growing until until he was playing on the d-line.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ would not mind Washington or Lemonier, if there in the 3rd rd...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
^ would not mind Washington or Lemonier, if there in the 3rd rd...

Shotgun!

You're driving, right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 16 of 23

Jump to: