Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine + Pro Day info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Werner still a top 10 pick? With how the Floyds and Richardsons are rising on the draft boards, is Werner going to be the odd man out?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Is Werner still a top 10 pick? With how the Floyds and Richardsons are rising on the draft boards, is Werner going to be the odd man out?

If he falls to mid 1st I'd be for trading up to get him. But I think Star falls further than Werner.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

I was already agreeing with others that Werner doesn't seem like a good fit as a rush LB. I think he's stuck as a 4-3 DE. That said, I don't care about the 40 time much with a 4-3 DE... it's that 10 yd split that matters much more... and Werner's 1.66 isn't a problem. No more than Montgomery's 1.64. Take a look at Jason Pierre Paul... who had a 1.65... or Aldon Smith's 1.66.

So really, it's hard to say. It will just come down to a team's preference... interviews, college tape, etc.

If Werner went top 10? Then I don't think anyone should raise eyebrows and create drama over it... same story if he falls to the middle/late first.

It's just not a strong and impressive top 10... aside from a handful of players.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the consensus on Jesse Williams and John Jenkins?

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Bostic runs a 4.50... Shocked .... very nice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Minter.... should be interesting... runs 4.82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock doesn't know the back-story to Sean Porter yet is pretending to right now... love it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put Eifert in my mock but would really love to get a DE. Floyd and Richardson were guys I was originally hoping for but they're probably closer to top 10 picks than falling into the 20s where we could trade up for them. Then I originally thought Jones and Hunt would be likely to make our second pick and I'd be happy with them. After watching those guys today I'm thinking they might actually be worth our first pick. Jones is way more ready and prototypical, but Hunt is a freak with a 4.6 40 and 38 reps. That's incredible. But I have a strong fear of "workout warriors". I guess hat means I leaning to Datone for our first pick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

I was already agreeing with others that Werner doesn't seem like a good fit as a rush LB. I think he's stuck as a 4-3 DE. That said, I don't care about the 40 time much with a 4-3 DE... it's that 10 yd split that matters much more... and Werner's 1.66 isn't a problem. No more than Montgomery's 1.64. Take a look at Jason Pierre Paul... who had a 1.65... or Aldon Smith's 1.66.

So really, it's hard to say. It will just come down to a team's preference... interviews, college tape, etc.

If Werner went top 10? Then I don't think anyone should raise eyebrows and create drama over it... same story if he falls to the middle/late first.

It's just not a strong and impressive top 10... aside from a handful of players.

I know he's around 265 right now, but I was still thinking of Werner as a 3-4 DE, once he bulks up. He played at 270 in 2011. I'm sure he could get up to 280. It's hard to judge how athletic he'd be. I just love that his game is mostly power, whereas most pass rushers tend to rely on speed. He has one of the best bull rush in this class... anyway, probably won't happen.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o with a 4.81... no surprise.

Yeah, I don't think I like Werner as a 3-4 DE... Guess he could pull it off and be good in a couple years... hard to tell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't Werner be an edge rusher similar to Willie McGinest? Just absolutely brutalize the OT and obviously do well against the run.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoLdRuSh wrote:
Couldn't Werner be an edge rusher similar to Willie McGinest? Just absolutely brutalize the OT and obviously do well against the run.

Guess he could... don't think you'd get the best out of him.

Then again, I thought Aldon should stay as a 4-3 DE, so... Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
What is the consensus on Jesse Williams and John Jenkins?

I like Jenkins alot. He seems like the ideal NT and I cant remember one better in the last 4 drafts ive been following closely. His knocks are that he takes some plays off but when your that huge it's understandable. I think if we had him in a rotation with RJF he would dominate. That Georgia Defense was incredible last year...

Jesse Williams is intriguing he's a former rugby player who has only been playing football for 4 years. He reminds me alot of Sopoaga actually. Either pick I like and they fill a need so i'd be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornelius Washington just ran a 4.53???? oh my....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the hardest draft I can recall in ages. No true super stars. Some may turn out that way of course but hard to spot them now. And lots of guys with potential at multiple positions. Ansah is fast enough to play OLB or DE, and he could be a 4-3 DE or bulk up a bit and be a 3-4 DE. Lots of guys just like that in this class. Heck at 4.6 in the 40 I've been wondering if Hunt ighty be a Stork-like LB (for those that remember the old Raiders).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 15 of 23

Jump to: