You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine + Pro Day info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Love the combine.
Always hope somebody beats the 40 or bench record.
I think Goodwin has a chance in the 40. An Jesse Williams could have a chance at the bench record.

I think trevardo Williams is going to rise, similar to irvin

I don't like watching the 40 and bench press...there's nothing much to see. I prefer reading the results afterwards. I watch the combine for the positional drills, most of all.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to only watch certain positions that we are in need or my or the forum's man crushes. Last year it was fleener the year before it was Prince and Patrick Peterson.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
NFL combine: Five Senior Bowl prospects to watch

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-combine-Five-Senior-Bowl-prospects-to-watch.html

I've always liked this Trufant kid since last year. we probably won't draft him but I can always dream.

I highly doubt that Ansah will be there at pick 30 but if rumors are true that we wanted Bruce Irvin last year, I wouldn't be surprised if Baalke pulled one on us and traded up for this guy. He is a very raw player but I do believe our staff can turn him into something. plus imagine having to deal with two healthy smith brothers and Ansah.

Where do you see Ansah's best fit? He's one of those prospects I am having trouble placing.

Yeah, he's tough to pin down. I watched him some in SB practice and game and he kind of played like I think Brooks plays. But he doesn't have the speed and at 270-275 is way too big for an OLB. Maybe he could bulk up and be a great 285 pound 3-4 DE (our Justin replacement???), but it looks to me like his best position would be 4-3 DE.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Love the combine.
Always hope somebody beats the 40 or bench record.
I think Goodwin has a chance in the 40. An Jesse Williams could have a chance at the bench record.

I think trevardo Williams is going to rise, similar to irvin

I don't like watching the 40 and bench press...there's nothing much to see. I prefer reading the results afterwards. I watch the combine for the positional drills, most of all.

I like to watch the 40. But just check results for bench.

Also like to watch wr and db drills.

new sig... sorry alex
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alabama RB Eddie Lacy will not run at this week's Scouting Combine after suffering a partial hamstring tear in pre-draft training.
Specifically, Lacy suffered a "small tear in some tissue" around the hamstring. It sounds like a minor injury, but a situation to monitor for a player likely to be selected first overall in all 2013 fantasy football Dynasty leagues. Lacy is the consensus top running back in this year's draft. His absence in Indianapolis will shine a greater spotlight on running backs like Giovani Bernard, Le'Veon Bell, Montee Ball, Andre Ellington, and Stepfan Taylor.

roto
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741

Quote:
Word is Justin Hunter has shown freakish athleticism in combine training and is getting rave reviews. Hes expected to test great this coming Sunday. Its ironic but everyone weve spoken to say Tyler Eifert has not looked anything special during training. That said most expect Eifert to run in the low 4.6-range at the combine and could break into the upper 4.5s. Despite the fact DeAndre Hopkins has looked terrific catching the ball hes unlikely to break the 4.5-second barrier on Sunday and wont be graded as a first round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741

Quote:
Word is Justin Hunter has shown freakish athleticism in combine training and is getting rave reviews. Hes expected to test great this coming Sunday. Its ironic but everyone weve spoken to say Tyler Eifert has not looked anything special during training. That said most expect Eifert to run in the low 4.6-range at the combine and could break into the upper 4.5s. Despite the fact DeAndre Hopkins has looked terrific catching the ball hes unlikely to break the 4.5-second barrier on Sunday and wont be graded as a first round pick.

I swear if you took a consensus of everyones top receiver you'd have a 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d. I think thats the deepest position of the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8379/keenan-allen

Quote:
Cal WR Keenan Allen will not participate in this week's NFL Scouting Combine due to a lingering left knee injury.

Damn, I really wanted to see him run at the combine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ same here... hate when the top ranked players at their position don't or can't go out and show us something... Confused

FWIW, I added my annual prospect rankings to the top of page 1.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:
Cal WR Keenan Allen will not participate in this week's NFL Scouting Combine due to a lingering left knee injury.

That's the kind of stuff that turns a first round prospect into a second rounder. Especially the word "lingering".

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:

That's the kind of stuff that turns a first round prospect into a second rounder. Especially the word "lingering".

Or an early first round prospect into a 2nd to last pick of the first round prospect... Pray it'd be like 2009 all over again!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:

Or an early first round prospect into a 2nd to last pick of the first round prospect... Pray it'd be like 2009 all over again!

Or an even better comparison would be Reuben Randle last year. Was projected mid-late 1st round and then slid to the last pick of round 2.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:

Or an even better comparison would be Reuben Randle last year. Was projected mid-late 1st round and then slid to the last pick of round 2.

Allen is a much better prospect Randle was...he actually performed in college instead of underachieving his entire career.

His knee injury was right around Halloween if I remember correctly so it has only been about 4 months since he hurt it. Not really surprised that he's taking the combine off. His pro-day will be enough for me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson taking confidence to combine

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/45266/sheldon-richardson-taking-confidence-to-combine

Quote:
You can make subtle implications that hes "outspoken" or "confident," but Richardson will take you right to the point. "Im cocky, to most people," Richardson said Monday after a workout at IMG Academy, where hes been preparing for the combine. "Ill just say this -- hes a grown man," IMG Academy director of football operations Chris Weinke said. "In terms of his ability to make every move, he makes it seamlessly. Our DL coaches have just been enamored with his explosiveness. Hes going to be a guy that teams are going to look at to be an impact player from the get-go." Hell also be a guy with plenty of confidence. "Im me," Richardson said. "Ill just go out and do what Ive been doing. Ive got a lot of film and Ive made a lot of tackles. I like where I stand going into the combine. I feel like my talent, my confidence and work ethic put me ahead of anyone in this draft."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:

Allen is a much better prospect Randle was...he actually performed in college instead of underachieving his entire career.

His knee injury was right around Halloween if I remember correctly so it has only been about 4 months since he hurt it. Not really surprised that he's taking the combine off. His pro-day will be enough for me

I mean as far as expected projection going into the process and where he could fall to.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: