Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cleveland Browns NFL Combine/Pro day talk!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Cleveland Browns NFL Combine/Pro day talk! Reply with quote

I dont want to take away from individual player threads for the combine but this can just be about combine talk

Combine week is upon us!!!

Last edited by buno67 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first question discussion...

Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree charged with DUI just days before the scouting combine

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/georgia-linebacker-alec-ogletree-charged-dui-just-days-132432459--nfl.html

how much can this cost him?

This could be huge...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree charged with DUI just days before the scouting combine

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/georgia-linebacker-alec-ogletree-charged-dui-just-days-132432459--nfl.html

This could be huge...

It looks like the interviews mean that much more for Ogletree. I'd still be willing to bet that he goes before Te'o.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
buno67 wrote:

This could be huge...

It looks like the interviews mean that much more for Ogletree. I'd still be willing to bet that he goes before Te'o.

I say he is the best ILB in the draft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree won't fall out of the 20's. He's too talented and isn't a complete idiot. He will interview well. Everyone makes mistakes, but the kid isn't a thug.

I do think he's a little overrated and don't think he's a MLB in the NFL, but he will be a very productive coverage linebacker who can fly sideline to sideline.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually wanted to make a combine thread the day before to get some things out.

1st. If you are a fan of a particular pass rusher don't get down if they don't light up the 40 yard dash. Terrell Suggs 4.87, Chandler Jones 4.87 and Tambal Hali 4.84 are just a few DEs who posted mid to low 4.8s and still made an impact in the NFL. Two are pro bowlers, one is an elite pass rusher and the last one was on fire until and ankle injury.

2nd. Just the opposite if you are not a fan of a pass rusher don't use a bad 40 time to disregard them.

3rd. The most important numbers are the agility drills and explosive drills such as 3-Cone, Shuttle, Vertical and Broad Jump and 10 yard split.

Through my research these are the numbers I think we should look for in a pass rusher ::

<4.75(4.65) Dash
<7.15(6.95) Shuttle
<4.40(4.1Cool 3-Cone
<1.64(1.60) 10yd Split
> 34"(36) Vertical

Preferably a combination of all 5 events would be nice if not at least the last 4. An example of why not to get caught up in 40 and vertical would be Vernon Gholston. The guy blew up everything from the Dash, Vertical to Bench and even a 1.53 10 yard split. What fans completely looked over(and I have to think GMs and Scouts did to an extent) is how dreadful he was in the agility drills like 3-Cone and Shuttle. It was easily the first sign of his stiffness and should have been a red flag. He was straightline fast and explosive but couldn't bend.

The only pass rusher I can find who had worst agility drills to actually make and impact is Aldon Smith. He was terrible in the 3-Cone with a 4.50 to Gholston's 4.43. I gotta believe something happened on Smith's go because he does change direction very well now.

Here are just a few of the pass rushers to compare numbers to, but keep in mind game tape should always trump all.

Clay Matthews 4.62(1.49) 6.90 4.18 35.5"
Connor Barwin 4.59(1.53) 6.87 4.18 40.5"
Brian Orakpo 4.63(1.56) 39.5"
Von Miller 4.42(1.57) 6.70 4.06 37.0"
DeMarcus Ware 4.56(1.62) 6.85 4.07 38.5"
Bruce Irvan 4.50 6.70 4.03
David McMillan 4.58(1.60) 7.11 4.08 34.0"
J.J. Watt 4.81(1.64) 6.88 4.21 37.0"

David McMillian oddly enough drafted by us some years back is one of the freakest athletes to ever come out of the combine and flop big time. The numbers across the board were on par or better than elite except vertical which was right in the wheel house of what you want to see.

J.J. Watt is a freak for 290

Von Miller, Bruce Irvan and DeMarcus Ware are the only 3 I have found to have elite numbers across the board and you have to believe all 3 are going to be stars(2 already are there). I guess J.J. Watt's athletic numbers are elite as well consider his were only slightly lower even at 40 pounds heavier.

I've found if you run a sub 6.80 in the shuttle and 4.10 in the cone with good game tape chances are you are going to be a very good NFL pass rusher.

Jamison on the sig
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
Ogletree won't fall out of the 20's. He's too talented and isn't a complete idiot. He will interview well. Everyone makes mistakes, but the kid isn't a thug.

I do think he's a little overrated and don't think he's a MLB in the NFL, but he will be a very productive coverage linebacker who can fly sideline to sideline.

its a week before the biggest three day stretch of your life and you go out and do something like that. I think he was dumb enough to drink, would of stayed clean to keep your body in the best shape as possible but to decide to drink and drive is just dumb.

we will see how his interviews go

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I actually wanted to make a combine thread the day before to get some things out.

1st. If you are a fan of a particular pass rusher don't get down if they don't light up the 40 yard dash. Terrell Suggs 4.87, Chandler Jones 4.87 and Tambal Hali 4.84 are just a few DEs who posted mid to low 4.8s and still made an impact in the NFL. Two are pro bowlers, one is an elite pass rusher and the last one was on fire until and ankle injury.

2nd. Just the opposite if you are not a fan of a pass rusher don't use a bad 40 time to disregard them.

3rd. The most important numbers are the agility drills and explosive drills such as 3-Cone, Shuttle, Vertical and Broad Jump and 10 yard split.

Through my research these are the numbers I think we should look for in a pass rusher ::

<4.75(4.65) Dash
<7.15(6.95) Shuttle
<4.40(4.1Cool 3-Cone
<1.64(1.60) 10yd Split
> 34"(36) Vertical

Preferably a combination of all 5 events would be nice if not at least the last 4. An example of why not to get caught up in 40 and vertical would be Vernon Gholston. The guy blew up everything from the Dash, Vertical to Bench and even a 1.53 10 yard split. What fans completely looked over(and I have to think GMs and Scouts did to an extent) is how dreadful he was in the agility drills like 3-Cone and Shuttle. It was easily the first sign of his stiffness and should have been a red flag. He was straightline fast and explosive but couldn't bend.

The only pass rusher I can find who had worst agility drills to actually make and impact is Aldon Smith. He was terrible in the 3-Cone with a 4.50 to Gholston's 4.43. I gotta believe something happened on Smith's go because he does change direction very well now.

Here are just a few of the pass rushers to compare numbers to, but keep in mind game tape should always trump all.

David McMillian oddly enough drafted by us some years back is one of the freakest athletes to ever come out of the combine and flop big time. The numbers across the board were on par or better than elite except vertical which was right in the wheel house of what you want to see.

Von Miller, Bruce Irvan and DeMarcus Ware are the only 3 I have found to have elite numbers across the board and you have to believe all 3 are going to be stars(2 already are there). I guess J.J. Watt's athletic numbers are elite as well consider his were only slightly lower even at 40 pounds heavier.

I've found if you run a sub 6.80 in the shuttle and 4.10 in the cone with good game tape chances are you are going to be a very good NFL pass rusher.

Barwin was a freak I did not know....
zelbell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

<4.75(4.65) Dash
<7.15(6.95) Shuttle
<4.40(4.1Cool 3-Cone
<1.64(1.60) 10yd Split
> 34"(36) Vertical

Excellent post KT, I'll be using it for reference when I'm watching some of my favorite OLB prospects for sure
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

its a week before the biggest three day stretch of your life and you go out and do something like that. I think he was dumb enough to drink, would of stayed clean to keep your body in the best shape as possible but to decide to drink and drive is just dumb.

If this was his first incident, then it wouldn't be as big a deal, but this DUI is just the latest thing. He got arrested for theft his freshman year (led to a suspension, I believe). Then, last year, he had to sit out 4 games for failing a drug test. And now this. I'd say it's definitely going to affect his draft stock.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

If this was his first incident, then it wouldn't be as big a deal, but this DUI is just the latest thing. He got arrested for theft his freshman year (led to a suspension, I believe). Then, last year, he had to sit out 4 games for failing a drug test. And now this. I'd say it's definitely going to affect his draft stock.

Agreed Reg... it won't be a Vontaze Burfict type fall, but it's enough for a GM in the top 15 to reconsider their position. Unfortunately, I can just imagine it will be enough for him to fall to the Squeelers and them cashing in.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

Agreed Reg... it won't be a Vontaze Burfict type fall, but it's enough for a GM in the top 15 to reconsider their position. Unfortunately, I can just imagine it will be enough for him to fall to the Squeelers and them cashing in.

Burfict fell cause of horrible play his senior. Otree had a really good season this year. I dont know if he could make it to the steelers. if he makes it out of the top10 I think a team will jump all over him

could you see that Panthers LB corp if OTree fell to them...that be nasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really interested in seeing how the 3-4 front seven guys test and measure in the combine.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly related to the Combine, but sort of...

There will be all-day meetings in Berea today, where the main strategy for the offseason will be set. Most likely, the major decisions will be made (Weeden, FA targets, defensive changes, plans A, B, C, & D).

It would be a good day to be a fly on the wall in Berea.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&post_id=12911

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people dont want mike Wallace as a FA, A kid to keep an eye on t the combine is Marquise Goodwin from texas

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: