Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BRANDON Williams DL

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chrisororke


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 504
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: BRANDON Williams DL Reply with quote

I almost can't stand this Jesse Williams talk. Here is why. And for the record, I think (Jesse) Williams is good, not great and for the millionth time POSITIONAL VALUE is why he won't be drafted by the Steelers. Good! Here we have Brandon Williams, but first.

I saw in the Post Gazette Bouchette talked about tendering McClendon as a 2nd rd 2.023M which I mentioned a little while ago, which was rebuffed by some noobs. He also mentioned Manny Sanders with a 3rd rd tender which I rebuffed on (after previously writing post about tendering him 2nd rd, which most agreed) after realizing that McClendon was more valuable bc of the no compensation, WRs being easier to replace than DL, etc, etc. The Steelers will NOT draft a NT RD1, just like they won't draft a QB rd1, get it through your skull!

Anywho, this is a kid (Brandon Williams) who is shooting up the boards and has similar skills as Jesse Williams but lacks one difference besides the first name is that he attended Missouri Southern, not Alabama. He seems very explosive for 6'3" 340, we'll see the measurables in less than a week. Yay! Could be a great compliment to McClendon as a NT.

Plus, exactly the guy I want for the 2-5 base scheme, which I think is the next big thing once teams realize you only need to have 2 down linemen with how big and fast these DL are becoming. I hate the "tweener" DL like Hood who aren't fast enough for DE, big enough for NT, oh yeah they play DT in a 4-3 scheme. No wonder he gets washed every play and the fact people stick up for him makes me sick. Almost the same sick feeling saying we don't need a DE that can get upfield. Like you think bc Ziggy gets no push it is a good thing, like he is doing some good for the rest of the team, no he is straight up a liability and why they run to his side ALL THE TIME and why it it written that he was the least productive pass rushing DE in the league. Like the reason Aaron Smith is considered "the best DE in LeBeau's system" is bc he had strength to hold at point of attack (which is his job) and enough burst to combine with that strength to get upfield.

That's why I love DATONE JONES!! He does both

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUuoIjRDabc

-B. Willams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJeUILylZQ


This is a guy who can be drafted in the 3rd round or maybe 4th if you are lucky. The thing is NT is NOT AS MUCH OF A NEED as other positions. If it is not a high need then you don't waste a pick on it bc the slob that is Big Snack is gone. I am very content with McClendon and Ta'amu penciled in as the top two guys to begin the year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
popie70


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 1064
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that NT isn't a high positional value. But if the Steelers want to use Timmons and Sean Spence as their future ILB's than they need to find a guy who can take up blockers and let them run free because neither one of them excel at taking on blockers

If the Steelers think they have a guy like that on the roster than they don't need a NT in the draft. However guys like Snack aren't a dime a dozen and if we don't have one our defense will suffer.

Love Datone Jones also! However we have Ziggy and Heyward and I don't thin we can spend another 1st on a DE/DT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 13640
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If theyre not not gonna draft Jesse Williams in Round 1now and they arw gonna keep Ta'amu on the roster...they shouldnt draft a NT. I dont care how good Brandon Williams is. Thats how I feel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlanFanecaFan


Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 10941
Location: Getting hammered with Jeff Reed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Williams translates better to a 1 gap 3-4 like the Texans use...Williams is a Hampton clone...not the same type of player at all.

McClendon can't take on 2 guys...he's a better 1 gap type player(at least so far). Ta'amu hasn't seen an NFL snap.

NT is a higher need whether you or I want to admit to it or not.
_________________


Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyJoeYoung


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 2978
Location: Wakefield, England
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, chrisororke.

Dime a dozen doesn't mean whatever stupid thing you think it means. It means that for a dime you could get a dozen of them. So they are very common. We have ten a penny in the UK as well.
_________________


Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GreasyApples


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 633
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...c'mon man.

So anyone that doesn't share your position on McLendon is a noob?

Bouchette won't validate your poor logic for why McLendon is more valued than Sanders. But keep trying to push that misleading statline on everyone.

With that said, if Williams isn't BPA at 17 (which seems probable), then I'd be all for targeting Brandon in the 3rd-4th
_________________
His name is David Paulson. His name is David Paulson. His name is David Paulson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8237
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
If theyre not not gonna draft Jesse Williams in Round 1now and they arw gonna keep Ta'amu on the roster...they shouldnt draft a NT. I dont care how good Brandon Williams is. Thats how I feel.


Add to that resigning Hampton at a vet minimum. Do not undervalue the importance of NT for this defense. If the Steelers think it is a need they will take one in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Everyone will be content with McLendon or Ta'amu until the defense can't stop the run.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49981
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: BRANDON Williams DL Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
I almost can't stand this Jesse Williams talk. Here is why. And for the record, I think (Jesse) Williams is good, not great and for the millionth time POSITIONAL VALUE is why he won't be drafted by the Steelers. Good! Here we have Brandon Williams, but first.


NT doesnt have first round positional value? This gem sets the tone for the rest of your post.

If you dont like Jesse Williams, that your opinion and your entitled to it. That doesnt mean he wont be drafted by the Steelers or that NT isnt a first round need.

Quote:
I saw in the Post Gazette Bouchette talked about tendering McClendon as a 2nd rd 2.023M which I mentioned a little while ago, which was rebuffed by some noobs.


For one, who cares if Bouchette of all people talks about tendering him for a 2nd? If they do, its mainly because they have to with nothing else on the roster.

Secondly, even if they do it, that doesnt make it the right decision.

Third....Noob? Seriously?

Quote:
The Steelers will NOT draft a NT RD1, just like they won't draft a QB rd1, get it through your skull!


Why? Because YOU say so?

You have yet to give a single logical reason for this. The only thing you said is positional value, and that was flat out wrong, especially in LeBeau's 34. Remember the last NT we drafted first round? Ya know, the guy who has helped anchor this DLine for the last decade? The guy you refer to as a "fat slob"? Remember that guy?

Try again.

Quote:
Anywho, this is a kid (Brandon Williams) who is shooting up the boards and has similar skills as Jesse Williams but lacks one difference besides the first name is that he attended Missouri Southern, not Alabama. He seems very explosive for 6'3" 340, we'll see the measurables in less than a week. Yay! Could be a great compliment to McClendon as a NT.


I dont know much about Brandon Williams if Im being honest, but every year someone makes a claim that mid round guy could be just as good as some first round projected player. Rarely does it ever happen.

You know why that makes such a big difference? Level of compeition....Jesse plays against the best of the best every week, while Brandon plays against riff raff.

Thats not to say he has no chance, but there have been many players that dominated in division 2 that never did anything at this level. You can say the same thing about division one players, but not nearly as often.

JESSE Williams is the safer pick BY FAR.

Quote:
Plus, exactly the guy I want for the 2-5 base scheme, which I think is the next big thing once teams realize you only need to have 2 down linemen with how big and fast these DL are becoming. I hate the "tweener" DL like Hood who aren't fast enough for DE, big enough for NT, oh yeah they play DT in a 4-3 scheme. No wonder he gets washed every play and the fact people stick up for him makes me sick.


Maybe because Hood doesnt get washed out of every play.

He isnt used to his strengths in our defense. LeBeau deserves blame for trying to use him like Aaron Smith, which he is not.

I dont care if it makes you sick. Its hilarious how you trash Hood for these things, yet you are comfortable with McClendon.

Seriously, have you ever even watched McClendon play?

Quote:
Almost the same sick feeling saying we don't need a DE that can get upfield .Like you think bc Ziggy gets no push it is a good thing, like he is doing some good for the rest of the team, no he is straight up a liability and why they run to his side ALL THE TIME and why it it written that he was the least productive pass rushing DE in the league.


This paragraph alone proves you really dont know what you are talking about.

Maybe you should learn something about LeBeau's defense before making a post like this, because you obviously dont know how it works.

Quote:
Like the reason Aaron Smith is considered "the best DE in LeBeau's system" is bc he had strength to hold at point of attack (which is his job) and enough burst to combine with that strength to get upfield.

That's why I love DATONE JONES!! He does both

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUuoIjRDabc

-B. Willams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJeUILylZQ

This is a guy who can be drafted in the 3rd round or maybe 4th if you are lucky. The thing is NT is NOT AS MUCH OF A NEED as other positions. If it is not a high need then you don't waste a pick on it bc the slob that is Big Snack is gone. I am very content with McClendon and Ta'amu penciled in as the top two guys to begin the year


Who you like is up to you. Im not going to debate that.

What I find hilarious is how your entire post is basically acting like you know everything and anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.

Everything you posted is an opinion...which is fine, but you are stating them as facts.

Maybe those players who mention will be great....or maybe they will be lucky to make it out of training camp.

And youre reasoning for why NT isnt a first round need is nothing short of laughable.

You say its not a need because we have 1) McClendon, who gets pushed around alot more than Ziggy (who you completely lambasted), esepecially in the run game, and 2) Ta'amu...a guy who has proven nothing and may not even be on the team next year.

How does any of that make sense?

Not even trying to be mean with this post....but all you do in your post is pontificate over the NT position and talk about how it isnt a first round need without giving one valid reason why it is not. Supposed lack of positional value and us having McClendon and Ta'amu is your reasoning, which is pretty laughable for many reasons.

Am I saying we will or we have to draft NT in the first? No, but just like the people who say OLB isnt a first round need because we have Worlids and Robinson (which is basically the exact situation as NT), its complete nonsense.

Both NT and OLB are EASILY first round options based on need and positional value if the board value is there.

I would love to hear what positions are bigger needs than those two.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 13640
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I agree with every single word 43 said. I wouldn't alter a bit of it honestly.

I absolutely agree that NT & OLB are easily first round needs. If you're asking me, I would add RB & WR to that however, at 17..there isn't a single RB I'd even consider drafting. Aside from those four positions, if an OLB & NT aren't available at 17 and they feel like a WR is a reach, if he's on the board I'd take Warmack in a heart beat.

Honestly, I enjoy discussing the differences in players, specifically players I don't know a whole lot about because people like 43 will come in and share their knowledge, which is greatly appreciated.

For me and it really is just my personal preferene, I wouldn't draft a NT unless there was one that really popped out to me passed the 3rd round. Why? Because of Ta'amu. Because, if they really think he might be something, I'd give him the chance to prove it. In the first round I'd easily take Williams if he's available. If we're getting into the semantics of Patterson vs. Williams vs. Warmack vs. name your 4th that is really tough, all of them have their high value and allure.

When it comes to Jesse Williams and Brandon Williams, the comparison isn't even close. Jesse Williams starts now! Brandon Williams starts 3 years from now..maybe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mosteelers


Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 1358
Location: Washington State
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Taamu is a great reason to draft a NT. I don't think highly of him at all. He was sorry in college. I only saw him one game so that is not a great idea of how his college experience was, but I hear people say that maybe he was drafted on one game (Nebraska).
_________________

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group