Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelers329

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reggie Bush Reply with quote

I know our current cap situation is terrible but I think Reggie would be a instant upgrade and talent boost to the tailback position. I think OLB and RB have the most glaring needs so I would love to reach for a mid level FA at one of those positions

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

28 year old, glorified 3rd down back that will be paid more than he deserves?

No thanks.

Id rather keep Mendenhall, who will probably cost the same.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Steelers329

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

No thanks.

2012 Regular Season 227 986 4.3 65 long 6TD... In his first year being utilized really as a feature back... He would fit in nice plus mendenhall wants out and he's a fumbler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

No thanks.

I slightly disagree. I also say no thanks, but if he cost the same as Mendenhall, I take Bush. I just think he's more dynamic, and I think him and Dwyer(if in decent shape) would compliment each other nicely.

Go Noles!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Reggie Bush, who might be one of the most disappointing RB Busts of all time (yes I very much consider him a bust) is nearing the end of his NFL Career. No thank you.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2011, Reggie rushed for over a 1000 yards and he wasnt used as much in 2012 and was close to another 1000 yard season. He is a perfect fit for us.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers329 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

No thanks.

2012 Regular Season 227 986 4.3 65 long 6TD... In his first year being utilized really as a feature back... He would fit in nice plus mendenhall wants out and he's a fumbler

1) Are those numbers supposed to be impressive or something?

2) Second year as a feature back, and the reason he wasnt a feature back before that is because he wasnt cut out to be one.

3) Mendenhall wants out? Do you have a direct quote of him saying this?

4) He is a fumbler? Is this a joke? You call Mendenhall, who has fumbled 9 times in his career a fumbler, yet you want to replace him with a guy who has fumbled 27 times? Bush touched the ball more, but he still puts the ball on the grounds as much as Mendy, if not more.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets also remember that Reggie is made out of glass. As said, he's simply not cut out to be an NFL RB. He's only best used as a weapon, and it's just not worth the money.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers329 wrote:
I know our current cap situation is terrible but I think Reggie would be a instant upgrade and talent boost to the tailback position. I think OLB and RB have the most glaring needs so I would love to reach for a mid level FA at one of those positions

Not this.

The Curtain wrote:
Lets also remember that Reggie is made out of glass. As said, he's simply not cut out to be an NFL RB. He's only best used as a weapon, and it's just not worth the money.

This.

FourThreeMafia wrote:

4) He is a fumbler? Is this a joke? You call Mendenhall, who has fumbled 9 times in his career a fumbler, yet you want to replace him with a guy who has fumbled 27 times? Bush touched the ball more, but he still puts the ball on the ground as much as Mendy, if not more.

And This.

And...That> Reggie Bush was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread when he came out of college. He hit the ground running and for the first couple of games he made some fun plays with the saints. He has has his 'spurts' of good games and good plays, but overall, I consider him an absolute bust.

An instant upgrade and talent boost? You're kidding me right? We don't need him to return punts and certainly don't need him to put the ball on the ground, we have Emmanuel Sanders for that. Wink (kidding).

Mendenhall has fumbled, that is true...but to suggest we should sign someone who has fumbled 3 times as much as Mendenhall is just nonsense.

Reggie Bush is small, fragile, and overly inconsistent. He would be more wasted money, we don't need him, he won't help us, and I would be irritated if we even signed him frankly.
Italian49erFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

No thanks.

Pardon the intromission: I so much agree on the ''no thanks''...I'd say that Eddy Lacy would be just a perfect steeler from a lot of point of view: approach, intensity, strenght, way of playing...
Troofax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a RB 3rd or later,far better value that way and the position hes some players that will be there with good value late. No on Lacey,he's used to running behind a dominant Oline. He wont look as good behind ours,price would also be to high,(2nd round)Plus prefer more versatility ...IF we're going RB that early it better be for Bernard not Lacey.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
Get a RB 3rd or later,far better value that way and the position hes some players that will be there with good value late. No on Lacey,he's used to running behind a dominant Oline. He wont look as good behind ours,price would also be to high,(2nd round)Plus prefer more versatility ...IF we're going RB that early it better be for Bernard not Lacey.

You basically described how I feel about Lacy. I don't think he'll hold up behind our offensive line tbh.

I like Bernard a lot, I also like Gillislee. I like Joseph Randle also but a bit less than my previous mentions. I don't like Reggie Bush at all.
TSerg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people make comments like that about Lacy it makes me question whether they've ever watched him run the ball. Yes, Lacy had a fantastic offensive line, but if you ever watched him run, you know he is not a blocking-dependent running back.

I'd check out this article on Lacy:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42485/321/eddie-lacy-nfl-ready-back

Quote:
Lacy consistently won in open-field one-on-one situations in the four games I viewed. I charted him with 16 "wins" compared to just four "losses" when he hit green grass and encountered the initial defender. [Compare this to UNC's Giovani Bernard, whom I charted at 5-of-13 (38.5 percent) one-on-one in the open field.] Lacy forced missed tackles with both power and elusiveness. He is blessed with exceptionally light feet for a big man, and his trademark move is the lateral shake to set up a spin. Lacy made LSU S Eric Reid, Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o, Arkansas LB Alonzo Highsmith, and Notre Dame S Zeke Motta all look genuinely silly on tape. Those four defenders will play on Sundays. Although he lacks the first-step burst of a Bernard or ex-teammate Trent Richardson, Lacy is nimble and moves smoothly laterally to his left or right. He can create space for himself in the running game. Lacy's yards-per-carry average (6.50) was pumped up by great blocking, but independently he is not a blocking-dependent back.

Lacy has a north-south downhill mentality, and runs with relentlessness and competitiveness. I wound up charting 59 carries, and he "fell forward" to finish 52 of them (88.1 percent). Four of the seven instances in which Lacy did not fall forward could be attributed to backfield penetration. Again, he simply refused to leave yards on the field. He is a naturally physical football player. Lacy loves to hit.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Running Game in the NFL is a whole different beast. Just because RB's are good in the NCAA doesn't immediately make them great in the NFL. A good example of that could be Kevin Smith of the Detroit Lions, who, while at UCF was compared to Barry Sanders, ironically he was drafted by the Lions..he's basically been a bust. There are plenty of other examples as well.

Yes Lacy brings some very nice skill to the table, but take Mendenhall for example, even closer to home, he was a highly coveted RB when he came out as well (not nearly as much as AP), he's had his ups and downs but overall, has not been what he was expected to be.

Just because Lacy 'looked great in college' doesn't mean he will in the NFL. You're right, the fact that he had a great offensive line in college doesn't matter, because more often than not, a great offensive line in college is a mediocre one at best in the NFL.

Defenders are faster, more experienced, more prepared. Getting away from college defenders tends to be easier than getting away from NFL Defenders. Why do you think so many QB's have so much success in the NCAA? A QB, like Tim Tebow for example, can look like a "World Beater" in college and in the NFL..yea..not so much.

The two games don't truly compare. There are thousands of competitors in college that never go on to play in the Pro's each year. It's not far-fetched at all to have doubts about Lacy.
TSerg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post had nothing to do with "since he was good in college he'll be good in the NFL." that's an absurd statement that anyone who knows anything about football wouldn't make. Of course it's not far fetched to have doubts about Lacy. It's not far fetched to have doubts about any prospect in history. My point was, saying that Lacy won't translate into a good NFL back because he had a dominant O line is a little ridiculous, in my opinion. The article posted wasn't to show how good a college RB he was, it was just to show that he has, and has shown to have, everything needed to be a good RB, regardless of his line. Obviously it helped his numbers and production. There's no question. But he has shown exceptional vision and the ability to make defenders miss whether it be in the hole and or in the open field, and whether it be going through them or around them.

Of course people have their own opinions of propects. I would never bash someone for having a different opinion of a prospect. I just think saying Lacy won't be good because he had a dominant offensive line is kind of lazy, if I'm being completely honest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: