Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 23rd pick of the 2013 draft...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Minnesota Vikings select...
Terrance Williams- WR, Baylor
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Cordarelle Patterson- WR, Tennessee
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
De'andre Hopkins- WR, Clemson
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Keenan Allen- WR, Cal
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
John Jenkins- DT, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Hankins- DT, Ohio St.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Sheldon Richardson- DT, Missouri
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Kawann Short- DT, Purdue
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jesse Williams- DT, Alabama
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Bennie Logan- DT, LSU
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jonathan Cooper- OG, UNC
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Kevin Minter- LB, LSU
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Manti Teo- LB, Notre Dame
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Alec Ogletree- LB, Georgia
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Desmond Trufant- CB, Washington
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Xavier Rhodes- CB, Florida St.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jonathan Cyprien- S, FIU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 62

disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
I highly doubt he falls to us though however if he does and we pass on him it will be our mistake.

After his nonsense this past weekend, I highly doubt that he won't be available at #23...and I highly doubt that Spielman even considers him. He's too high risk to take at 23.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
cckoonie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
cckoonie wrote:
I voted other. Justin Hunter.

Hunter is not a 1st round WR.

And why not? I want to hear some logic behind this.

uhhh...lets see, there hasnt been any analysts that have given him a 1st round grade so what makes you think he is? Allen, Patterson, Hopkins, and Williams will all probably go before Hunter and my guess is, there wont be this many receivers gone in the 1st. There's your logic

Analysts like whom? Just curious?
When you get down to the lower half of the first round it's starts being kind of a crapshoot. I think Hunter improves his stock at the combine and his pro day and will move himself up into the late first round. I'm not saying he will go 23 but I can see him in the first round.
I'm not all that impressed with Allen or Williams. Patterson is really raw. Hunter is the guy I want in purple. I'd prefer to slide down 6 or 7 spots though.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cckoonie wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
cckoonie wrote:

uhhh...lets see, there hasnt been any analysts that have given him a 1st round grade so what makes you think he is? Allen, Patterson, Hopkins, and Williams will all probably go before Hunter and my guess is, there wont be this many receivers gone in the 1st. There's your logic

When you get down to the lower half of the first round it's starts being kind of a crapshoot. I think Hunter improves his stock at the combine and his pro day and will move himself up into the late first round. I'm not saying he will go 23 but I can see him in the first round.
I'm not all that impressed with Allen or Williams. Patterson is really raw. Hunter is the guy I want in purple. I'd prefer to slide down 6 or 7 spots though.

Kiper and McShay to be exact. As well as any mock Ive seen on NFL.com. I just dont see Williams fitting in this offense. They run that big spread offense at Baylor. He would fit better at somewhere like New Orleans. Allen doesnt impress me because of his lack of separation and I just dont see him as being NFL ready but thats just me. Patterson is raw but might be the most NFL ready receiver when it comes to build and athleticism. I wouldnt necessarily mind Hunter but not in the first. Either way Hopkins is my #1 choice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mcshay put out a new mock today has Alec ogletree going number 8 to buffalo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple blood wrote:

I can't see that happening at all. McShay must be off his meds.

Here are who some of the popular draft sites say that the Vikings are picking at #23:

Footballs Future - Keenan Allen, WR
Walterfootball.com - Johnathan Hankins, NT
Rob Rang (CBSSports.com) - Keenan Allen, WR
Matt DeLima (fftoolbox.com) - Keenan Allen, WR
DraftTek - Chance Warmack, OG
Scott Wright - Keenan Allen, WR
DraftKing.com - Sheldon Richardson, DT
NewNFLDraft.com - Jesse Williams, DT

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Purple blood wrote:

I can't see that happening at all. McShay must be off his meds.

Here are who some of the popular draft sites say that the Vikings are picking at #23:

Footballs Future - Keenan Allen, WR
Walterfootball.com - Johnathan Hankins, NT
Rob Rang (CBSSports.com) - Keenan Allen, WR
Matt DeLima (fftoolbox.com) - Keenan Allen, WR
DraftTek - Chance Warmack, OG
Scott Wright - Keenan Allen, WR
DraftKing.com - Sheldon Richardson, DT
NewNFLDraft.com - Jesse Williams, DT

I cant see Warmack dropping that far. Another thing is...dont get me wrong I wouldnt mind a DT in the 1st but do we really need to pick one right there? Our run defense is still pretty decent and the RB's in our division are far from elite. I just dont see it as a bigger need then WR. Yes, Kwill is aging but is still good vs the run and we have decent depth. I think we can wait until the 2nd or 3rd for a DT. This class is pretty deep. One of those DT's might actually fall to us in the second.

I would just rather have Patterson, Hopkins, Williams, or Allen over guys like Patton, Wheaton, or Woods. Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, Bennie Logan, and Kawann Short could all easily drop to us in the second. There arent going to be this many DT's drafted before us in the 2nd. I really want to get Hopkins #1 and come back with Jenkins #2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
When Hopkins comes in at 6ft or even less his draft stock will drop. He doesn't impress me at all. He feeds off of Tajh Boyd's scrambling ability and teams over trying to contain Sammy Watkins.

The difference in 1st and 2nd round WR talent is very slim to none. But the DT talent from the 1st to 2nd is a significant drop off, especially at NT. Johnathan Hankins in the 1st and a guy like Justin Hunter or Da'Rick Rogers in the second would trump any 1st WR/ 2nd DT combination. Compare Johnathan Hankins to a guy like Brandon Williams, Hankins is exponentially better. And than compare a guy like Keenan Allen/Deandre Hopkins to Justin Hunter/ Da'rick Rogers, there's not a big difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVWm9pNiXYY

^And btw....I only saw Boyd complete one pass to him while scrambling. The rest were straight out of Boyd's drop. Hopkins is a legit receiver and easily my #1 choice. You might want to analyze your receivers a little closer

I honestly didn't know much about this guy, and while highlight reels can make a player look better than he really is, it doesn't mean that the guy isn't warranted a closer look, and that is why scouts and front office personnel have their jobs. I'm glad you are standing up for a guy you believe in, and I would remind the nay-sayers that every year players who are not projected for the first round get selected there and turn out to be quality players. I'm now actually very interested in how Hopkins fares both in the draft and in the NFL

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"

Last edited by NorthCountryEvo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
cckoonie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
cckoonie wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
cckoonie wrote:

Kiper and McShay to be exact. As well as any mock Ive seen on NFL.com. I just dont see Williams fitting in this offense. They run that big spread offense at Baylor. He would fit better at somewhere like New Orleans. Allen doesnt impress me because of his lack of separation and I just dont see him as being NFL ready but thats just me. Patterson is raw but might be the most NFL ready receiver when it comes to build and athleticism. I wouldnt necessarily mind Hunter but not in the first. Either way Hopkins is my #1 choice.

After pick 15 or so I kind of give up on their(Kiper, McShay) analysis of who's going to be picked next.
I have a feeling Patterson is just going to flat out bust. I have no way to justify that feeling but.....
None of the receivers really blow me away. I like Hunters size and potential. I'm hoping he turns into Sidney Rice without the injuries. Could just be a pipe dream.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the poll first opened, I voted for Te'o. However, after thinking about it, I no longer have him at #1. My top 3:

1. Deandre Hopkins
2. Manti Te'o
3. Keenan Allen

If all three are gone, trade down to the early second and pick up additional picks.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add on to my previous post, I view Deandre in the same mold as a Cris Carter. Not the biggest or fastest, but just makes plays.

And I made that comparison to Cris BEFORE I saw this: http://youtu.be/dwB5J11rmdU
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
When the poll first opened, I voted for Te'o. However, after thinking about it, I no longer have him at #1. My top 3:

1. Deandre Hopkins
2. Manti Te'o
3. Keenan Allen

If all three are gone, trade down to the early second and pick up additional picks.

Yeah thats what Im saying....Hopkins just seems to be the most complete receiver in this draft. I feel he would fit this offense perfectly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
When Hopkins comes in at 6ft or even less his draft stock will drop. He doesn't impress me at all. He feeds off of Tajh Boyd's scrambling ability and teams over trying to contain Sammy Watkins.

The difference in 1st and 2nd round WR talent is very slim to none. But the DT talent from the 1st to 2nd is a significant drop off, especially at NT. Johnathan Hankins in the 1st and a guy like Justin Hunter or Da'Rick Rogers in the second would trump any 1st WR/ 2nd DT combination. Compare Johnathan Hankins to a guy like Brandon Williams, Hankins is exponentially better. And than compare a guy like Keenan Allen/Deandre Hopkins to Justin Hunter/ Da'rick Rogers, there's not a big difference.

^And btw....I only saw Boyd complete one pass to him while scrambling. The rest were straight out of Boyd's drop. Hopkins is a legit receiver and easily my #1 choice. You might want to analyze your receivers a little closer

I honestly didn't know much about this guy, and while highlight reels can make a player look better than he really is, it doesn't mean that the guy isn't warranted a closer look, and that is why scouts and front office personnel have their jobs. I'm glad you are standing up for a guy you believe in, and I would remind the nay-sayers that every year players who are not projected for the first round get selected there and turn out to be quality players. I'm now actually very interested in how Howard fares both in the draft and in the NFL

Do you mean Hopkins?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
NorthCountryEvo wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

I honestly didn't know much about this guy, and while highlight reels can make a player look better than he really is, it doesn't mean that the guy isn't warranted a closer look, and that is why scouts and front office personnel have their jobs. I'm glad you are standing up for a guy you believe in, and I would remind the nay-sayers that every year players who are not projected for the first round get selected there and turn out to be quality players. I'm now actually very interested in how Howard fares both in the draft and in the NFL

Do you mean Hopkins?

Whoops. Yes, forgive me, I'm typing on an iPhone which is enough of a pain that I have been making typo's and stupid mistakes. I was referring to Hopkins.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cckoonie wrote:
I'm hoping he turns into Sidney Rice without the injuries.

I would expect more out of a first round WR than Sidney Rice without the injuries. Because Rice is a middling WR without Brett Favre behind the center.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Thanatos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:

lol wut? Both Clemson WR's should be 1st rounders because what they have done with Tajh "Terrible NFL QB" Boyd at the helm is very impressive. Watkins will be top 20 next year if not higher. Hopkins deserves to be taken in the 1st because his route running and speed combination is something you look for in a #1 WR. He finds space very easily and breaks down in that space. Hopkins is a nightmare for any zone based defensive team.

I don't want Hankins either. If we are picking DT/NT in the first round I want either Floyd/Short and then Hopkins/Patton/Hunter in round 2. Hunter is very similar to Javon Walker and so much similar that an injury to his lower body could easily derail his career. So much of Hunter's upside comes with his vertical threat and ability to run downfield. He's very explosive but I want him healthy from that ACL tear. I don't know if Hunter has completely healed yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: