Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 23rd pick of the 2013 draft...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Minnesota Vikings select...
Terrance Williams- WR, Baylor
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Cordarelle Patterson- WR, Tennessee
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
De'andre Hopkins- WR, Clemson
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Keenan Allen- WR, Cal
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
John Jenkins- DT, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Hankins- DT, Ohio St.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Sheldon Richardson- DT, Missouri
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Kawann Short- DT, Purdue
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jesse Williams- DT, Alabama
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Bennie Logan- DT, LSU
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jonathan Cooper- OG, UNC
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Kevin Minter- LB, LSU
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Manti Teo- LB, Notre Dame
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Alec Ogletree- LB, Georgia
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Desmond Trufant- CB, Washington
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Xavier Rhodes- CB, Florida St.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jonathan Cyprien- S, FIU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 62

vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: With the 23rd pick of the 2013 draft... Reply with quote

Interested to see who will win this poll....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Richardson is there it's a no brainer - he's a top 10 talent in this draft.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

This.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Agreed. I just tried to list as much as I could that would potentially be there when we pick. Guys go up and drop so easily so you never know

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL- 4 people say Richardson and yet he only has 3 votes...

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Keenan Allen. I'm just not a fan of Richardson.
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling they will try to move up or move back, totally speculation
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Keenan Allen. I think he is probably one of the better fits in this draft at WR, can start right away and at pick 23 he is good value.

I dont see the point in drafting Sheldon Richardson. If Kevin Williams returns (which seems likely), with Christian Ballard behind him, why have a first rd pick serve as the third team DT opening day. You dont spend first rd picks on developmental third string players. Williams has never played the one technique spot and Richardson is a poor fit there.

I understand the desire to get younger, but why does Ballard get written off so much. It will be year three for him, and similar to most DTs, that seems to be when they start putting it together.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I voted for Keenan Allen. I think he is probably one of the better fits in this draft at WR, can start right away and at pick 23 he is good value.

I dont see the point in drafting Sheldon Richardson. If Kevin Williams returns (which seems likely), with Christian Ballard behind him, why have a first rd pick serve as the third team DT opening day. You dont spend first rd picks on developmental third string players. Williams has never played the one technique spot and Richardson is a poor fit there.

I understand the desire to get younger, but why does Ballard get written off so much. It will be year three for him, and similar to most DTs, that seems to be when they start putting it together.

I wouldn't mind Allen but rumor has it that Keenan Allen is failing to separate in pre-combine workouts and "doesn't look like anything special" according to an nfl insider. My vote went to Hopkins. I just look at him as the most nfl ready along with patterson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say Manti Te'o. I feel he's a top 10 talent and with Rudolph, Harrison, and Blanton in the locker room to help him fit in. Plus Speilman loves the Golden Domers, it just feels right.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

And I agree on not drafting a DT in the first. We have Fred Evans too. We have to find an instant starter with this pick and I think our best option is easily WR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I wouldn't mind Allen but rumor has it that Keenan Allen is failing to separate in pre-combine workouts and "doesn't look like anything special" according to an nfl insider. My vote went to Hopkins. I just look at his as the most nfl ready along with patterson

This is to be expected. Allen isnt one of those players who will rise based on working out and the combine. He is a gamer in my opinion, just a good overall football player. I would be more concerned if he was 6-0 or so, but he has very nice length to him and that will certainly help him in creating separation down field. I always worry about short possession type receivers (like Justin Blackmon for one last year) and being able to get open at the next level.

Allen has the the prototypical size. The 40 time may as well me thrown out the window for him. What I will be interested in seeing is how well he runs the shuttle and 3 cone. Those two drills will be most telling in terms of how much quickness he has. Allen has great length and if he shows good quickness, that is more than enough for me to be comfortable in thinking he can get open at the next level. The hands, route running and football skills all seem to be there.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

And I agree on not drafting a DT in the first. We have Fred Evans too. We have to find an instant starter with this pick and I think our best option is easily WR

Hypothetically, if the team did draft a DT i would probably take Shariff Floyd, Kawann Short and Sylvester Williams over Sheldon Richardson at this point. I would trust Floyd, Short or Williams to man the one technique spot, the more pressing need, than Richardson.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I wouldn't mind Allen but rumor has it that Keenan Allen is failing to separate in pre-combine workouts and "doesn't look like anything special" according to an nfl insider. My vote went to Hopkins. I just look at his as the most nfl ready along with patterson

This is to be expected. Allen isnt one of those players who will rise based on working out and the combine. He is a gamer in my opinion, just a good overall football player. I would be more concerned if he was 6-0 or so, but he has very nice length to him and that will certainly help him in creating separation down field. I always worry about short possession type receivers (like Justin Blackmon for one last year) and being able to get open at the next level.

Allen has the the prototypical size. The 40 time may as well me thrown out the window for him. What I will be interested in seeing is how well he runs the shuttle and 3 cone. Those two drills will be most telling in terms of how much quickness he has. Allen has great length and if he shows good quickness, that is more than enough for me to be comfortable in thinking he can get open at the next level. The hands, route running and football skills all seem to be there.

Agreed. What do u think of Hopkins? He is my #1 choice here. Scouts say him and Patterson seem to be the most nfl ready. I gotta agree. I see a lot of Sidney rice in him when it comes to catching the deep ball. However I think he can make an immediate impact...rice needed a good QB to make him look any good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: